New Friends on TOTV!

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2014, 12:07 AM
Sage
Default New Friends on TOTV!

With so much negative postings, especially from people who do not live here yet, I thought it might be a fun thread for people who have met through this forum, to share their stories, and why they have formed close friendships.

I'll go first!!!!

I didn't know a soul in TV except, for the friend who had moved here. Since I am not a pest and wouldn't monopolize their time when I moved here, I decided I needed my own set of friends. I will always be grateful to them, for introducing me to TV.

I have met Graciegirl and her family along with Bill-n-Brillo who I think the world of. Knowledgeable people who have helped me with their valuable insights as to what to do. Nice genuine people who are the salt of the earth. I am proud to consider them friends.

There are others, so let's hear for those you have met, and helped with your transition, and continue to see, because they are nice people.

For those I haven't mentioned, you know who you are!!! Right?, Mayor!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-06-2014, 05:33 AM

Although I have yet to meet anyone from TOTV, it will be nice to read a "feel good" thread.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to RETIREDSFW

Thanks to the unclub singles on totv, i have met some nice people. There are too many to name, but joe is one.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

I have met a number of TOTVers at Doggie Doo Run Run over the years since I first starting taking Sport there in January of 2007. I did not join TOTV until July of 2007 but it did not take long for me to discover other TOTVers there. Many of these people still come to DDRR when they are in town with their pooches.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Sage

When we first bought in TV, about five years ago, we were snowflakes. A TOTV member PMed me with an offer to drive by and make sure my grass was being mowed while we were away. It turns out she lives just around the corner from us. She said she and her husband often went to the Hilltop pool at night to socialize. We went looking for them and although they were not there that night we discovered her group of friends, some of whom were original TOTV members. We have stayed friends with them through sickness, deaths, marriages, good times and bad. I hadn't thought about it before but really because of TOTV.

Just thinking about your questions, Joe, I realize you've met my husband, but you and I have never met. My husband and I had dinner with Gracie and her beautiful family a long time ago. She's as nice in person as she seems online. Although we don't socialize, I consider her a friend.

I first met KathieI at Havana with a group of TOTVers at a 60s tie-dye party several years ago. We met Donna, whose gone on to be with God, and I'm grateful we met her.

I met Islandgal, BJ, only after she was too sick to drive. She too has passed from this world. If it wasn't for TOTV I would have most likely never met her. We were friends.

I've met chachacha through mutual friends and consider her a friend. Kitty is someone I consider a very good friend also. We met through TOTV. Gosh, so many others I've met through our business or through buying or selling something on TOTVs. This site is awesome.

Thanks for asking the question, Joe. It brought back waves of good memories of good friends and good times. I hope to meet you in person one day too.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have met people while playing golf and the subject of totv came up.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Great thread Joe!

So far I have met CFrance, Lovethosebigdogs, KathieI, Mary Beth, CC Cirezz, Kathy W, and Gracie Girl is coming over Monday morning.

I am here alone so having these people welcome me and meet for dinner and bring me bedding, lawn chairs and lamps was deeply appreciated. CFrance and lovethose bigdogs came bearing house warming gifts which was very sweet of them and totally unexpected.

I feel blessed to have received such a warm welcome. I met with KathieI for dinner and we laughed the entire time. Mary Beth just moved here and she took time from her busy life to take me to Walmart. She checks on me to see if I need anything.

C.C. Cirezz has been here twice to drive me around in the golf cart explaining the golf paths & tunnels. She took me to her house to meet her husband and have lunch. Yesterday, she picked me up and we went to Farmers Market in Brownwood.

I met with Kathy W last night at World of Beer for needed conversation and had some great beer. We walked over to the square and watched some line dancing which was fabulous.

All of this means so much because I am here alone missing my husband and its lonely. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

The neighbors around me have not been overly friendly and is a huge disappointment. I was invited to the driveway party but was barely spoken too. I am not shy and easy to talk with, but this group was tough to get to know. Oh well I will not be kissing their a** to break into the group. Tom & I will go elsewhere to make friends.

Looking forward to meeting Gracie tomorrow, and Joe I hope to meet you also as KathieI talked highly of you.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Dancing Thyme

Joe,,, I LOVE this thread. Absolutely perfect for a Sunday morning reflection. Yes, I know who you meant,,, your a wonderful guy and I'm blessed to have met you. Tippy,,,, you are a hoot, love you to death. If I weren't so busy right now getting ready to move, I would be hanging with you every minute. Skip the neighbors, you have tons of friends on TOTV.

As for the friends I have met on TOTV,, It is an amazing story of love, friendship, caring, helpfulness, support, helping hands, and it goes on and on. The original friends I still hang with do not post much on here anymore, like Chels, Hyacinth Bucket, Nonie, DebOkla, and some have passed like Donna, Pete, SteveinNY, Muncle, some have just left the forum and don't post much anymore but we are still very close friends. The journey here would never have been realized if it weren't for these people who I hold near and dear to my heart. I came here alone, but never really alone, they have always been there for me.

I didn't move here because I thought the Villages was the end-all, I moved here for the friends I had acquired and the future friends that I'm meeting every day who are currently moving here. This is what I love about TV!! To me there is nothing like friends, true friends, reliable friends, loving friends. Love you all!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 AM

So far, I've had the pleasure of meeting Graciegirl and Tippyclub. You couldn't meet two friendlier and kinder people. I look forward to getting to know more people I've met through TOTV. I'm trying to pay it forward and offer my assistance to new residents of The Villages in any way I can. TOTV has been a wonderful resource to those of us who have made the big move to this fabulous area.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:44 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting all of the people mentioned in the postings. I close on my CYV in Brownwood on July 24th. Movers arrive on the 26th. I'm looking forward to meeting & making new friends. This forum has been very helpful - lots of good advice in the many threads I follow.

Last edited by dodaneodwyer; 07-07-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Eternal Member

I have met several awesome people on TOTV.
I am just a person who doesn't like to name names. I'm always afraid I'll miss someone. They would feel bad and I would just feel awful.
There are a lot of really nice and interesting people here. I love it that we are all different and have many different opinions.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day !!!
Old 07-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

We have met several TOTVers -- before and after our move here 13 months ago. What a treat it is hooking up with fellow TOTVers. You gain a new perspective on people when you meet them in person, not just over the Internet. TV is Florida's friendliest hometown!

We enjoy going to events/activities and meeting new people...including today while playing Pickleball. We played with a couple, and afterwards the four of us went to Starbux at Barnes & Noble for a late morning coffee. We shared stories and laughed so much!

Our first TOTVer we met (several years ago) was Gracie and her family. We met them back in Ohio; they were only part-time TV residents then, and we were full-time Ohioans, just itching to retire to TV. Gracie is quite the TV Ambassador and a true friend. Later, on future TV vacation trips, we met KathieI, Chacha, Karen and others. We met 2BNTV and others at Crisper's after our move here (we're permanent TVers now).

It's neat meeting new people at the golf courses, or waving at golf carters when they ride by your house, or stop and talk with neighbors when they're walking their dogs, or (...fill in the blanks).

We feel so fortunate to be living in TV. Pinch us (one more time) to remind us we're not just dreaming. We're LIVING the dream!

Gene & Kathy
Old 07-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREDSFW View Post
Thanks to the unclub singles on totv, i have met some nice people. There are too many to name, but joe is one.
Joe is a dear friend. And every time I see you I want to know you better. I love a southern girl knows how to swear.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Veteran member

I have met CFrance who already felt like a dear friend before meeting face to face and TippyClub who was moving in and so excited it was a joy to help welcome her to her new home, thanks to CFrance who graciously invited me along. I look forward to meeting so many of the wonderful friends on TOTV now that we have moved here finally. We are here 16 days and I can finally take a deep breath and squeeze some fun in along with the moving-in projects. Can't wait for the next Crispers get-together.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
I have met CFrance who already felt like a dear friend before meeting face to face and TippyClub who was moving in and so excited it was a joy to help welcome her to her new home, thanks to CFrance who graciously invited me along. I look forward to meeting so many of the wonderful friends on TOTV now that we have moved here finally. We are here 16 days and I can finally take a deep breath and squeeze some fun in along with the moving-in projects. Can't wait for the next Crispers get-together.
I will put the kitties in their "room" with a treat if you will bring those big, pretty dogs over to our house. Can't wait!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.