New Golf Course and Village

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2015, 06:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Where did the information come from? There had been discussion couple of years ago about the area across the pond from St. James on the NORTH side of 466A across the street from Pinelles Plaza being an assisted living campus. It has been a farm with cows and horses.

http://www.talkofthevillages.com/for...-powell-73553/
They might have been talking about Providence, a senior independent living facility on the north-west corner of 466A and Powell.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,204 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
If true, the term "build out" can be tossed out!!
As it has been throughout the years.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Default Another Square

I would be in favor of another square in that location. I don't know at the end of the day why Brownwood was built at the edge of TV and not near Pinellas . Seems like more shops would benefit the developer more than houses .

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 03-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,018 Times in 310 Posts

We looked at a home on Ansley Path that backs up to that pasture land; heard that an assisted living facility was going to be built there, but there would be about 100' of greenspace separating the homes from development.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Default In MY backyard!

All you nosey neighbors will be advised as soon as the developer submits the plans to the City of Wildwood. We were told it would be in March but it didn't happen. Hopefully April? The rezoning will allow ANYTHING expect heavy industrial. We have been told it will be a golf course and houses and most of us are happy with that. Last thing I would want is an apartment complex with barking kids and screaming dogs We are also asking where will the access be located? Supposedly the commercial project at BV and 466-A is still under consideration but the other larger tract will be Villages property if our gossip is correct. But who knows for sure, guess we will find out when we find out. If they build a golf course in my back yard does that mean my taxes go up? I sure will miss the cows and calves, they are very nice neighbors.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Where did the information come from? There had been discussion couple of years ago about the area across the pond from St. James on the NORTH side of 466A across the street from Pinelles Plaza being an assisted living campus. It has been a farm with cows and horses.

From a Villager that has a house on the edge of this new development that TV has kept informed of what the development will be.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline View Post
All you nosey neighbors will be advised as soon as the developer submits the plans to the City of Wildwood. We were told it would be in March but it didn't happen. Hopefully April? The rezoning will allow ANYTHING expect heavy industrial. We have been told it will be a golf course and houses and most of us are happy with that. Last thing I would want is an apartment complex with barking kids and screaming dogs We are also asking where will the access be located? Supposedly the commercial project at BV and 466-A is still under consideration but the other larger tract will be Villages property if our gossip is correct. But who knows for sure, guess we will find out when we find out. If they build a golf course in my back yard does that mean my taxes go up? I sure will miss the cows and calves, they are very nice neighbors.
curious, sure
anxious to find out if anything new that we can use like a golf course or store, why not
everyone is talking about land use,,not the neighbors

is that being nosey?
is that gossip?
i don't see it that way, not that it matters
Old 03-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Second hand...................................
What isn't second hand. This is first hand as it gets.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gracike, as helpful as you are trying to be, the link you provided is about what is now Pinellas Plaza. It has nothing to do with the discussion in this thread.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Sage

This property is behind my house. Since 2011 I have followed its development closely. Here is an email that I sent to my neighbors whose homes also border the property:

March 20, 2015
There isn't anything on the agenda for the March 23 meeting of the Wildwood City Commission that pertains directly to the Word property (east half of the pasture) or the Beaumont property (west half).

However there is a little background information in a report that is in the agenda packet.

There is a report titled, Development Services Project Update, March 2015. It appears that this is a summary that updates the Commission on the statuses for all developments within the City of Wildwood, and is published every six months.

Regarding the Word property (Trailwinds Village), the document states: Utility extensions in progress. Improvement and Final Plat plans are on hold. The property is currently available for sale; further changes to existing development plans may be forthcoming pending the outcome. Plans may be considered abandoned after May 8, 2015 without further action on the plans as submitted.

It surprised me to read that the Word property is for sale again. But after thinking about it, I guess it matches what we learned in February from the Wildwood assistant city manager. He wrote in an email that The Villages had approached Wildwood and is interested in developing 200 acres of the combined 300 acres of the Word (Trailwinds Village) and Beaumont properties. The Trailwinds folks and The Villages are working on a potential deal. If the Wildwood City Commission agrees to the terms of the agreement, The Villages will develop the property as residential with a golf course, leaving the remaining 100 acres or so for Trailwinds to develop.

It also appears that Beaumont has already sold the sod in his pasture to The Villages. Equipment has been seen harvesting the sod. Recently a Tamarind Grove resident followed a truck which transported a load of sod to The Villages of Fruitland Park where it was delivered to a pond area.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Sage

I'm still not sure where the property is that might have a new golf course. If you are playing on Palmetto is it the property across the 3, 4 and 5th hole? Geography is not my strong smoot.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm still not sure where the property is that might have a new golf course.
Look at the picture in post #7. Southern border: 466A; eastern border: Sandhill golf course; western border: CR 462; northern border: St. James and Tamarind Grove.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Look at the picture in post #7. Southern border: 466A; eastern border: Sandhill golf course; western border: CR 462; northern border: Tamarind Grove.
Thank-you
That's just where I was hoping it would be.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Sage

Thanks, champ...I figured you would have some facts and details. I see residential expansion there, with a golf course, as a positive thing, if that is what happens. Better than commercial/office space, bright lights and parking lots.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 PM

That is the problem with emails and posts, you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice. It was a joke. We are all nosey when it comes to building in our back yard/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.