New Golf Course and Village

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline View Post
That is the problem with emails and posts, you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice. It was a joke. We are all nosey when it comes to building in our back yard/
I'm sorry I read it the wrong way. I should have asked "Are you being sarcastic?" And that's what I'll try to do in the future.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Sage

Finally, a chance to get some "first hand" details about this proposed project. The Wildwood City Commission has scheduled a workshop for 9:30 a.m. April 15 to discuss details of The Villages expansion. There is a story at the Villages News site.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

Hmmmm
Old 03-24-2015, 02:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Dude View Post
I don't know at the end of the day why Brownwood was built at the edge of TV and not near Pinellas .
As The Villages expands southward, Brownwood will no longer be "on the edge of TV"!
Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 AM

The Villages is negotiating to purchase 200 acres or more north of County Road 466A and east of County Road 462 to develop The Villages of Wildwood.

The Villages of Wildwood would consist of neighborhoods of single-family home similar to the recent Villages expansion into Fruitland Park, according Wildwood city officials, who said project details such as the number of lots are not yet available.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

No mention of new golf courses...that would be great news....
Old 03-24-2015, 07:47 AM
Platinum member
Default New Village in Wildwood

We can use this thread to discuss the new potential village in Wildwood:

"The Villages is negotiating to purchase 200 acres or more north of County Road 466A and east of County Road 462 to develop The Villages of Wildwood.
The Villages of Wildwood would consist of neighborhoods of single-family home similar to the recent Villages expansion into Fruitland Park, according Wildwood city officials, who said project details such as the number of lots are not yet available.
A mixed-use development known as Trailwinds Village had been planned for 157 acres north of 466A and west of the Sandhill executive golf course. That project was announced about three years ago, but nothing has been built and cattle still graze on the land.

The Wildwood City Commission scheduled a workshop for 9:30 a.m. April 15 to discuss details of The Villages expansion and Mayor Ed Wolf said Monday night that he doesn’t plan to just rubber-stamp the project.
“We have a lot of negotiations coming up with The Villages,” he said.
The area is within the Wildwood city limits and The Villages needs the city to provide utility extensions for the new homes and zoning approval in the form of expansion of its Development of Regional Impact (DRI) permit, according to Wildwood development services director Melanie Peavy.
The Villages of Wildwood would be smaller than the Fruitland Park expansion, which includes nearly 2,000 homes on 760 acres. Earlier this month, The Villages also announced plans to add 300 new homes on 64.27 acres in Marion County.
Trailwinds Village was planned to include retail, office, residential, institutional and medical office uses as well as senior housing such as assisted living or nursing facilities, according to the project web site."
Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 AM
Sage

Thanks, NYGUY. But a discussion is already going here: New Golf Course and Village
Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
We can use this thread to discuss the new potential village in Wildwood:

"The Villages is negotiating to purchase 200 acres or more north of County Road 466A and east of County Road 462 to develop The Villages of Wildwood.
A mixed-use development known as Trailwinds Village had been planned for 157 acres north of 466A and west of the Sandhill executive golf course. That project was announced about three years ago, but nothing has been built and cattle still graze on the land.

The Wildwood City Commission scheduled a workshop for 9:30 a.m. April 15 to discuss details of The Villages expansion and Mayor Ed Wolf said Monday night that he doesn’t plan to just rubber-stamp the project.
“We have a lot of negotiations coming up with The Villages,” he said.
The area is within the Wildwood city limits and The Villages needs the city to provide utility extensions for the new homes and zoning approval in the form of expansion of its Development of Regional Impact (DRI) permit, according to Wildwood development services director Melanie Peavy.
The Villages of Wildwood would be smaller than the Fruitland Park expansion, which includes nearly 2,000 homes on 760 acres. Earlier this month, The Villages also announced plans to add 300 new homes on 64.27 acres in Marion County.
Trailwinds Village was planned to include retail, office, residential, institutional and medical office uses as well as senior housing such as assisted living or nursing facilities, according to the project web site."
https://youtu.be/bS3O5zg290k

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I just heard, from an extremely good source, that there is going to be a new golf course and village built on the land North of 466a between Buena Vista and Powell Rd. It will be interesting to see how TV "hooks" it into the golf cart path system. Maybe a new golf cart path on the West side of Buena Vista. It will be interesting!
JP,
WOW you were correct, and please accept my apology, I just saw the article this morning. There have been so many rumors on this site, that what you were saying did not seem to agree with the signs and such. You were right, and I was wrong. Now lets see what the developer comes up with, because golf cart traffic will be a major concern.
VT
Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

One of the big questions will be how the golf cart traffic will be handled. In my humble opinion, I think there are some safety concerns around the new banks and the gas station with the golf carts in the same lanes as automobiles. With a new development (aka Wildwood) going in across 466a, there would need to be some way to cross, either at Powell, or at Pinellas Place. The existing layout does not seem to support golf cart traffic, the multimode roadway ends at the gate on Pinellas Place, and Powell is not designed for golf cart traffic, I hope the Wildwood hearing covers this.

Just my uninformed ramblings and concerns.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Sage

My money would be on access through the Tamarind Grove pool area for cart traffic. There is plenty of room there for a MM path.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Sage

My guess is that golf cart access will be from either west of the Tamarind Grove pool or from east of the TG postal station.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
My money would be on access through the Tamarind Grove pool area for cart traffic. There is plenty of room there for a MM path.

Would that be close to the campus of St.Vincent de Paul Church?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Would that be close to the campus of St.Vincent de Paul Church?
No.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.