A New "Gripe" to add to the monthly rotation

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts
Default A New "Gripe" to add to the monthly rotation

So we have "we want Costco" and "no white crosses" and "snowbirders" and "speeding golf carts" and "slow golf carts" and "them thar southern Villagers" and "you old fuddy duddies."

I'll add a new one that I haven't seen before: the temperature of the water in the pools!

That's right kids, if you think there aren't enough first-world problems to whine about, here's one more.

What we need - is to cool off that water. The last time I went to Hilltop it felt as if I was swimming in baby pee. Not warm enough for a proper jacuzzi, but not cool enough to actually cool me off. Pools should be refreshing, that's the whole point of the ones that you're not supposed to actually SWIM in (that's another rant in case you've forgotten).

Ice, or a refrigeration system, or put the shade umbrellas closer to the pool rims, or some anti-reflective agent to the paint, or something.

Trying to feel refreshed by soaking in 80° water is gross.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So we have "we want Costco" and "no white crosses" and "snowbirders" and "speeding golf carts" and "slow golf carts" and "them thar southern Villagers" and "you old fuddy duddies."

I'll add a new one that I haven't seen before: the temperature of the water in the pools!

That's right kids, if you think there aren't enough first-world problems to whine about, here's one more.

What we need - is to cool off that water. The last time I went to Hilltop it felt as if I was swimming in baby pee. Not warm enough for a proper jacuzzi, but not cool enough to actually cool me off. Pools should be refreshing, that's the whole point of the ones that you're not supposed to actually SWIM in (that's another rant in case you've forgotten).

Ice, or a refrigeration system, or put the shade umbrellas closer to the pool rims, or some anti-reflective agent to the paint, or something.

Thanks so much. I was afraid 5 minutes would pass without a new complaint.

My faith is restored.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:

Yet when winter comes folks will be complaining the pools are not warm enough.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Thanks so much. I was afraid 5 minutes would pass without a new complaint.

My faith is restored.
Sure thing. I'm just doing my duty as a registered Villager citizen to mix it up a bit. Prevent all you slow-golf-cart-driving, unfenced, swing-listening, line-dancing, banner-waving, white-cross-planting, Costco-loving fossils from getting bored in your dotage.

Old 08-12-2020, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

You might have been swimming in pee, but it wasn't from a baby
Old 08-12-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Thanks for complaining for me. Generally the water is much to warm.

Thought of bringing a bag of ice from our freezer but according to my calculations would add 0.0000001 degree to the water when melted.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Square Business. Let's see how much it would cost to add Chillers for between 60 & 90 pools by the time this joint is finished and how much it would cost to run those Chillers and then add it to that amount to the amenity fee if, in fact, that is where the pool maintenance comes from. I really don't know or care truthfully.

The next thing would be Umbrella sales would Skyrocket and Flooding would occur from the tears that would be shed because of the increase in the monthly cost.

We live in Florida. I always assumed the pool would be hot. That's why we go to the Paradise Pool. The swimmers there are Gladder cause they have Smaller Bladders!

Maybe they could enclose the pools or put Big trees around them to shade the water!
Old 08-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Warm pool water and adding chillers has been discussed on this site before. It was before you or Jazuela were members of TOTV. And I have to ask..... you know what swimming in baby pee feels like?????

Pool temperature

Temperature of pool water
Old 08-12-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

there is no cold water in Florida

it's just wet
Old 08-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

~Snipped~
You forgot dog poop..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You forgot dog poop..
I was going to say the same thing!!! You beat me to it!
And I agree... the water IS warm in the pools.

See... we've finally found something on which we can all agree!!!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:27 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

I remember going to pools that had separate small shallow baby pools. The water in the baby pools usually looked a little yellow by the end of the day.

Perhaps some older folks are a little incontinent, depend on Depends or don't want to bother getting out of the pool to relieve themselves in the bathrooms.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-12-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:

Yes, turn the heaters down. The sun warms our small pools. Agree! When I am hot, I want to go into a cool pool!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am told people in Hell want ice water.

One can't have every single thing one wants.

SOMEONE has to PAY for it.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:

Well, the best thing to do is to scratch out a check for your own pool. Boom 💥, problem solved.

Tags
cool, water, carts, pools, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.