A New "Gripe" to add to the monthly rotation

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Sure thing. I'm just doing my duty as a registered Villager citizen to mix it up a bit. Prevent all you slow-golf-cart-driving, unfenced, swing-listening, line-dancing, banner-waving, white-cross-planting, Costco-loving fossils from getting bored in your dotage.

You nailed the description of Villagers letting “old” enter their mindset. Don’t let “old” in.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:58 AM

Even the "cold water" from our faucets comes out luke warm. The ocean gets to 80 degrees plus. This is Florida, it's summer, it's hot outside. If you want a cold swimming pool, go visit up north for the summer and complain how cold the water is there. Seriously, it's Florida, get used to the fact that in summer everything is hot.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
there is no cold water in Florida

it's just wet
You're so right. There is no cold water in Florida. Even the kitchen cold water tap gives me very warm water. Only cold water is from the ice maker in the fridge.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:44 AM
theruizs

Quote:
So we have "we want Costco" and "no white crosses" and "snowbirders" and "speeding golf carts" and "slow golf carts" and "them thar southern Villagers" and "you old fuddy duddies."

I'll add a new one that I haven't seen before: the temperature of the water in the pools!

That's right kids, if you think there aren't enough first-world problems to whine about, here's one more.

What we need - is to cool off that water. The last time I went to Hilltop it felt as if I was swimming in baby pee. Not warm enough for a proper jacuzzi, but not cool enough to actually cool me off. Pools should be refreshing, that's the whole point of the ones that you're not supposed to actually SWIM in (that's another rant in case you've forgotten).

Ice, or a refrigeration system, or put the shade umbrellas closer to the pool rims, or some anti-reflective agent to the paint, or something.

Trying to feel refreshed by soaking in 80° water is gross.
It is likely closer to 88. We have a pool and the temp ranges 86-88 right now without using the heater (we have a solar system). It is staying that warm just from the sun and ambient temperature. Our solar heat system hasn’t kicked in for weeks (set to maintain 84).
Old 08-13-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

I never cease to be amused and entertained by people who are incapable of understanding sarcasm, unless there's a tagline warning them that there's sarcasm in the post.

Because this line right here:
Quote:
That's right kids, if you think there aren't enough first-world problems to whine about, here's one more.
wasn't enough of a clue.

Y'all crack me up.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 AM

That is a great idea been here 10 years never herd this complaint
Old 08-13-2020, 08:49 AM

try slowly walking into one of the springs here if you want freezing
Old 08-13-2020, 09:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Trying to feel refreshed by soaking in 80° water is gross.
Senior stew, available at a rec center near you.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal702 View Post
You're so right. There is no cold water in Florida. Even the kitchen cold water tap gives me very warm water. Only cold water is from the ice maker in the fridge.
The water coming out of our cold water tap is warm enough to proof yeast!

And hmm... are OBB and Jazuela one and the same?
Old 08-13-2020, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

correct, that is a first world problem. let's not worry about coronavirus
Old 08-13-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am told people in Hell want ice water.

One can't have every single thing one wants.

SOMEONE has to PAY for it.
You're right. I was brought up in Hell (Hell's kitchen - slum in NYC). And yes in the summertime we wanted ice water. There was no A/C back then. Conversely in the winter the radiators really didn't help that much so we wanted it hotter. See, even in Hell people complain. So the Villagers are no exception.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
..... you know what swimming in baby pee feels like????? :
No I don't. Would you care to enlighten use?
Old 08-13-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Sure thing. I'm just doing my duty as a registered Villager citizen to mix it up a bit. Prevent all you slow-golf-cart-driving, unfenced, swing-listening, line-dancing, banner-waving, white-cross-planting, Costco-loving fossils from getting bored in your dotage.

You need to say what you REALLY mean! Don't beat around the swimming pool bush. Like the one at the South Side, Silver Lake parking lot outlet that has needed cutting back for years (makes egress dangerous by throwing you into both road lanes). Everyone can think of a pet peeve with TV. I have several favorites. The turn before the Wales Gate toward the rec center should not be 90 degrees - cut some small amount of land from that Church. And The Wales outlet itself needs a right turn lane and same at the Boone Gate outlet. Rant over - no one to listen to it anyway! Incidentally I saw a rattlesnake skin at the Hilltop pool last year - so watch before you swim. And TV has other "snakes in the grass" waiting to come out? Rant really over ---
Old 08-13-2020, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The water coming out of our cold water tap is warm enough to proof yeast!

And hmm... are OBB and Jazuela one and the same?
Yes, was some kind of thing awhile back and a subsequent mix-up, and then the moderators kindly just let me keep the OBB handle, since obviously I could only have one. Since I was actually buying post-OBB, seemed like that was the most appropriate one to keep.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
You need to say what you REALLY mean! Don't beat around the swimming pool bush. Like the one at the South Side, Silver Lake parking lot outlet that has needed cutting back for years (makes egress dangerous by throwing you into both road lanes). Everyone can think of a pet peeve with TV. I have several favorites. The turn before the Wales Gate toward the rec center should not be 90 degrees - cut some small amount of land from that Church. And The Wales outlet itself needs a right turn lane and same at the Boone Gate outlet. Rant over - no one to listen to it anyway! Incidentally I saw a rattlesnake skin at the Hilltop pool last year - so watch before you swim. And TV has other "snakes in the grass" waiting to come out? Rant really over ---
And let's not forget all those people who refuse to GET OFF MY LAWN!
Closed Thread

Tags
cool, water, carts, pools, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.