New Home Prices on TV Website

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Default New Home Prices on TV Website

I was told by a sales rep that some of the designer houses on TV website are reduced between $20K and $60K. For these houses, the prices on the website are incorrect.

Is anyone aware of this and if it is true, why wouldn't TV advertise the correct asking price?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Platinum member
Default Re: New Home Prices on TV Website

About a month ago friends of ours showed us a brochure they'd received from TV's and their (new) Amarillo had been reduced. Needless to say they weren't to pleased. We were there JAN 07 looking and the homes the realtor showed us said that "This House" was reduced to $$$ down from $$$. Due to the saturated market it doesn't surprize me. We have reduced the price of our northern home and consider it a "WASH" with the reduction in price in TV. It would be nice to get full price but may have to settle for a 6K golf cart instead of a 20K. heh heh

Steve :
Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 AM

We bought a Jasmine 2 in TV of Amelia, last month, and it's price was much lower then anything we have seen posted on the TV new homes web site.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Platinum member

Reggie,

Jasmine 2 ? Evidently there's a difference between that and a 1. Could you enlighten me?

Steve
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Veteran member

I bought a ranch ( Wisteria) in June and it was reduced $20000. Had the extras such as extended lanai, tile floor, roman shower, wall behind. Price was lower than the web site. It's what sold me so fast! I wonder how long they will reduce? Till the snowbirds come down?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Steve.

It's my understanding that a Jasmine 2 is about60 sq ft larger and the floor plan is different.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo
I was told by a sales rep that some of the designer houses on TV website are reduced between $20K and $60K. For these houses, the prices on the website are incorrect.

Is anyone aware of this and if it is true, why wouldn't TV advertise the correct asking price?
I don't know about the $60K, but we bought a Gardenia home in early July, and it was one of those reduced by $20K. Each time we previewed a home, we would have to ask whether the $20K reduction applied, because they were only applicable to those homes in existing areas that had not yet sold out. Those that were located in the newer areas were not reduced.

The stated purpose was to "reduce inventory". When I spoke to our realtor on July 31, she stated that the 31st was the last day of the price reduction, since the inventory WAS down. It is my understanding that the "deal" is back on now. So who knows.

I would imagine that they do not drop the price in the advertisements, since they are unclear on how long these reductions will apply - so they leave it up to their realtors to state it verbally for each applicable house.
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Sage

I got the impression when dealing with Village agents that they have one story for the "innocent newcomers" and a back-up story for those who are more difficult, who are looking for discounted properties, etc. Perhaps that is why they have two prices, one posted and one "in their pocket".

We ended up buying on MLS, a property that had been listed high with the Villages VLS and didn't sell. And then reduced $30,000 and put on MLS. It pays to shop around.

Having said that, it looks to me like it's a Buyer's market right now in the Villages, a good thing for Purchasers. The Buyer's market may disappear when the snowbirds arrive and the inventory is depleted.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Platinum member

Thanks Reggie,

I'm familiar with the floor plans but not sure where they enlarged it.

Steve
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poromo

They have specials.... on homes that have small lots, or have been in inventory a while. There is not an across the board discount Some offer $2000 closing others have $10 & 20,000 discounts.

Desperate Times Require Desperate Measures

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.