New homes?

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I did not imply it was “big stuff”. I merely find it to be disingenuous, and kind of silly.
Completely disingenuous.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

A thread in 2016, 2018, and 2019...... can't wait til next year!
Old 11-23-2019, 05:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
A thread in 2016, 2018, and 2019...... can't wait til next year!
TOTV thread, November 2020.

"I bought a home recently at Creekside Landing, and I have just found out it was built in 2009 and was used continually untill I purchased it 'New'.
Any advice would be appreciated."

Last edited by Two Bills; 11-23-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:19 AM
Sage

Its the same thing ,that auto dealers do when they sell a car that has never been title but is used by owners & officers of the dealership;however the dealership usually offers a discount and a complete warranty--the cars usually have less than 3K miles

If no-one ever lived in the house it is new, if all the appliances are current under factory waranty it is new, if the heating & cooling system is current it is new, if the roof is less than 1 yr old it is new--get the picture
Old 11-23-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

They have had no one complain about this who has bought one. They have had no trouble selling them.

I can't imagine anyone buying a home, a HOME, which is probably the biggest purchase 99.9% of us makes, without knowing this, seeing that Creekside is NOT new, been here for a good while, particularly WHERE it is located. They would have to be more than STUPID.

It looks as if people are digging for something to be a put down on the developers.

If that bothers them, surely this will too;

Merry Christmas.

It is a beautiful day in The Villages.

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-23-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They have had no one complain about this who has bought one. They have had no trouble selling them.

I can't imagine anyone buying a home, a HOME, which is probably the biggest purchase 99.9% of us makes, without knowing this, seeing that Creekside is NOT new, been here for a good while, particularly WHERE it is located. They would have to be more than STUPID.

It looks as if people are digging for something to be a put down on the developers.

If that bothers them, surely this will too;

Merry Christmas.

It is a beautiful day in The Villages.
I can't imagine driving around, visiting an open house with zero intention of buying, then going online with complaints about it. It is a beautiful day, and GO Bucks!!!

Last edited by bagboy; 11-23-2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Good Karma
Old 11-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
TOTV thread, November 2020.

"I bought a home recently at Creekside Landing, and I have just found out it was built in 2009 and was used continually until I purchased it 'New'.
Any advice would be appreciated."
I'm not a fan of attorneys but, you need to decide what you want and then decide to pursue it or not. A letter saying Dear Sir someone, not sure who they are or how qualified they are, posting on talk of the villages, agrees with me that your listing of the home I bought from you is not as listed-you stated NEW. Thus, the sale is void and I intend to sue you for ????? moving expenses, closing costs etc etc etc. Or, since the property is not NEW, as listed I am suing you for ?????????? in damages.

"Just found it was built in 2009," the date the home was built was readily available to you-one the title insurance, bill of sale, heck you can look it up on the internet-zillow-realtor. com etc.

Last edited by DAVES; 11-23-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: errors
Old 11-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I can't imagine driving around, visiting an open house with zero intention of buying, then going online with complaints about it. It is a beautiful day, and PSU is going down!!!
Believe it ! And this is after there was over 100 posts on this site...... some by people who went to open houses there and some by people who purchased there and they both said they were told the houses were in the preview plan.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I'm not a fan of attorneys but, you need to decide what you want and then decide to pursue it or not. A letter saying Dear Sir someone, not sure who they are or how qualified they are, posting on talk of the villages, agrees with me that your listing of the home I bought from you is not as listed-you stated NEW. Thus, the sale is void and I intend to sue you for ????? moving expenses, closing costs etc etc etc. Or, since the property is not NEW, as listed I am suing you for ?????????? in damages.

"Just found it was built in 2009," the date the home was built was readily available to you-one the title insurance, bill of sale, heck you can look it up on the internet-zillow-realtor. com etc.
Did you notice the wink icon? I think the poster was being sarcastic and answering my post. I laughed at it and thought it funny.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

I think it’s much less sinister than trying to pass off refurbished homes as new. I think when the developer puts properties they own up for sale the system automatically codes them as new, and no one really knows how to fix that.

When I was looking to buy a villa in Creekside my Villages agent showed me a few of the homes they had redone, including replacing all the floors and windows. It looked beautiful. Even more importantly it looked nothing like the pictures online, which were of the home before they updated it. I mentioned to my Village realtor that they might want to update the pictures, and she looked shocked. The home had been on the market for months, and no one had looked at the pictures. They were wondering why there was so little interest.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, open, advertising, opinion, houses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.