New homes in the Historic Area

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Whenever I'm over in that part of TV I get the impression that it must be a very "neighborly" place to live. I have no idea why I feel that, though.
You are on the money. It is a wonderful place to hang your hat. We had a friend from near Brownwood who could put us under his fingernail house wise and he came up to several of our pools and couldn't believe how friendly everyone was to him. He remarked that where he lives if you were on fire and standing next to their pool nobody would push you in to put you out.

The older homes were being taken out at a furious pace and it has virtually stopped comparatively speaking. There are a few new ones scattered around. I predict that one day The Villages will be back in the furious pace of the replacement of some of the Manufactured homes over here but until then it will give the smaller flippers a chance.

Everyone Loves their own Village and I sure do Love mine over here in The Hysterical District!
Old 01-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
But, but replacing historic relics from the past, with the new, is denying the future for all generations to come..We must realize that, by covering up our history, we are bound to report it, and repeat it....
Old 01-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Whenever I'm over in that part of TV I get the impression that it must be a very "neighborly" place to live. I have no idea why I feel that, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Actually it appears that all of the homes values have been brought up, not only by this, but by the fact that The Villages overall is a wonderful place to live desired by a LOT of people. AND the new homes are priced to sell, but within a reasonable comparative value to the homes around them.
We rented in the Historic section while we did our Villages home shopping and loved it there. We seriously considered buying there, but we just couldn't find the right home in that area because we wanted a home with a private back yard with room for a pool someday. We loved the fact that the area is so diverse and has so much mature landscaping. We also found the people in that area to be extremely friendly. It's a different feeling than most other areas of the Villages, where everything looks pretty much the same. My guess is that is partially due to the less restrictive deed restrictions in the old area.

One of the great things about the new homes in the Historic section is that it is the only place I know of in the Villages where you can buy a new home with no bond.

I was told that the Villages donates the old manufactured homes to those in need when they so a tear down and rebuild.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Having played Silver Lake a couple of times and talking with some of the resident golfers, I got the feeling that they are happier with their plot in life than other areas. I was also impressed to see how many long time friends are there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 10:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Having played Silver Lake a couple of times and talking with some of the resident golfers, I got the feeling that they are happier with their plot in life than other areas. I was also impressed to see how many long time friends are there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Honestly, it is nerve-wracking when the big storms come other than that it is so easy to maintain and cheap compared to NJ tax wise and the Garbage service is great. The only drawback so far was a blip with Duke after Irma. Other than that all systems are a go. They have been here over 30 years with no big incident yet.

Off subject, the other day I saw a show about a guy from Chicago who turned his entire basement level into anything he could think of to do with the CUBS. He put Mega Bucks into it and it was beautiful. Just saying. Thought of you and many other friends from Chicago.

I'll probably build a new home rite where I am now or on my street. Or a CYV close to The Historic Section. Time will tell.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
But, but replacing historic relics from the past, with the new, is denying the future for all generations to come..We must realize that, by covering up our history, we are bound to report it, and repeat it....
Huh?
Old 01-27-2019, 04:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
40 year old trailer does not fall into historic guidelines.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Default Historic

Back in December I started a thread about an observation I made that the removal and replacement of mobiles on the historic side appeared to be slowing. Kansasr sent this reply:

"When we inquired a while back, we were told there was a moratorium on buying more lots there, in part because they were having trouble keeping up with the demand for services down in the new southern sections. Looking at the Lake Co Property Appraisers data, it would appear the The Villages last purchase of there was 8/8/18."

I hope this isn't true and if it is I hope the moratorium is a short lived one.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:20 AM
Default 2CopsMom

We're in the historic section, and yes, new homes are popping up like mushrooms over here. And they all appear to be "stick built"...no new manufactured homes. We feel it is raising the value of all property over here on our side of the bridge. Some of the older homes, particularly the single-wides, are too far gone to be used elsewhere and would probably not pass any kind of safety inspection. But, I did hear somewhere that some have been re-purposed, but I don't know if that's true. It's exciting to see the new homes going up over here.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We always look at the homes for sale in thevillages.com and I noticed two NEW homes for sale in the historic area across 441. They are 'cotttage homes' and they both look very nice.

On the website I had noticed there was a new series of homes called 'cottage homes' but I had never seen a new home that fit into that category. Now I have.
We had a cottage home, three bedroom with side lanai and oversized garage with golf cart garage. Very nice layout and we loved it. Lived there for seven years and then life changed.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to eileen6715

I bought my cottage home in the Village of St. James 7 years ago. The Villages of St. James, Buttonwood and Tamarand Grove all have cottages sections.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:34 AM
Default New Homes across 441

Does anyone know if the pricing is such that there would be a draw to buy in that area?

Clearly, the surrounding homes are of a lower value. Are the new "cottage" homes selling significantly less per square foot?
Old 01-28-2019, 08:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

I was told that the Villages donates the old manufactured homes to those in need when they so a tear down and rebuild.[/QUOTE]

Nice thought, but not true, you cannot live in a manufactured home in Florida, if it was manufactured before the early 1990s, and moved. You can live in old ones if they remain where they were originally placed.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 PM

Insurance is difficult to get on modular homes, they don’t even cover water damage inside. Loved living there for five years.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, noticed, historic, sale, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.