New Info on Moffitt

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Try reading the above posts............while working on your second scotch.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Platinum member

I've been a member of this forum for a long time. After reading every post so far in this particular thread, I find myself wondering why I've done so!

In fact, Talk Host and Tony, I am inclined to say that this thread should be deemed "political," and removed from general access accordingly!

Personally, I heartily applaud Tbugs entry and Bosoxfan's endorsement thereof.

I think I have posted previously that I have made a reasonably substantial donation on behalf of the Moffitt's equipment needs, primarily in memory of my late wife who would have benefited immensely from Moffitt's advertised style of care, had she lived to even know about this Place!

I fully understand that the style of debate available in this forum is an American Heritage. I just wish we could discuss it without being so altogether negative!

'Nuff said!

SWR
Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Default Follow the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
I've been a member of this forum for a long time. After reading every post so far in this particular thread, I find myself wondering why I've done so!

In fact, Talk Host and Tony, I am inclined to say that this thread should be deemed "political," and removed from general access accordingly!

I think I have posted previously that I have made a reasonably substantial donation on behalf of the Moffitt's equipment needs, primarily in memory of my late wife who would have benefited immensely from Moffitt's advertised style of care, had she lived to even know about this Place!

I fully understand that the style of debate available in this forum is an American Heritage. I just wish we could discuss it without being so altogether negative!

'Nuff said!
I don't see how this can be political, when we are discussing the ethical and moral issues of misleading donors like yourself.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:

'Nuff said!

SWR
People are negative on this subject because there is plenty to be negative about.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
People are negative on this subject because there is plenty to be negative about.
That is true...

However,

SWR - you made a donation in the memory of someone you love.

While I deplore all this information that the Morse family has been less than truthful with us, that can in no way take away from your wonderful generosity and that will help so many suffering from this terrible disease.

Last edited by katezbox; 02-15-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Grammar - not a English major...
Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:

'Nuff said!

SWR
Hi Swinfla,
I had not commented previously about the Moffitt Center. Some issues raised were unclear to me. My intent was to share information I had learned and seek others' evaluation of its relevance and significance.

I feel terrible that I started a thread that causes you sadness. Your donation was worthy and kind. You are someone I respect and admire. I'm sorry.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Swinfla,
I had not commented previously about the Moffitt Center. Some issues raised were unclear to me. My intent was to share information I had learned and seek others' evaluation of its relevance and significance.

I feel terrible that I started a thread that causes you sadness. Your donation was worthy and kind. You are someone I respect and admire. I'm sorry.
And THAT is the reason I love you and trust you and .....

people like you and Swrinfla are the reason that it is Paradise to me.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 PM

While I have not been a contributor, I must say the thread is interesting- Not so much the issue of the Developer vs Good/Evil but what a field day Freud would have analyzing the responses and /or the respondees.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Founder

Putting this thread (topic) into "Political" would make that forum a dust bin into which we place all controversial conversations. This isn't a political discussion and that's not what the "political" forum is for.

While this topic may be unpleasant to some, it is of keen interest to many. I personally don't think that it's the "to contribute or not contribute" aspect that has riled people. I believe it's the inability to learn what is fact and what is not fact that rankles residents. The lingering fear that perhaps the developer was not been completely forthcoming about how this will play in his financial favor.

I find it annoying that they would just plain "ignore" or "skirt" these questions, just like my parents did to me when I was a little kid when they thought I didn't need to know the answers or thought I wouldn't understand....or thought it was none of by business.

If you read these posts carefully, you will see that this community is made up of immensely intelligent, articulate, and clear thinking people. If (IF) there is ever an attempt to "pull the wool" over their eyes, they won't allow it. Bully for them.

JLK
Old 02-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Swinfla,

Be of good cheer. Kipling's "If" captures the essence of what it takes to be a good person. One thought expressed is most relevant to the current circumstance.

"If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools........"

Along with many others, I appreciate the stellar effort you exercised in securing first hand information related to the dialog. Unfortunately those with intransient positions embraced the answers you offered and contrived them to fit their bias. Those who viewed them with an open mind appreciate your effort as well.

In time, the truth will reveal itself, a new cancer care option will be available to Villagers and you will still be a "good person", helping many make informed decisions in turbulent and uncharted waters. Thank you.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
Be of good cheer. Kipling's "If" captures the essence of what it takes to be a good person. One thought expressed is most relevant to the current circumstance.

"If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools........"

Along with many others, I appreciate the stellar effort you exercised in securing first hand information related to the dialog. Unfortunately those with intransient positions embraced the answers you offered and contrived them to fit their bias. Those who viewed them with an open mind appreciate your effort as well.

In time, the truth will reveal itself, a new cancer care option will be available to Villagers and you will still be a "good person", helping many make informed decisions in turbulent and uncharted waters. Thank you.
Here here!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold member

I think that the straw that broke the camel’s back was when the developer pulled the rug out from under the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event at the last minute and initially hid behind a lame excuse about the field needing some kind of scheduled maintenance without offering an alternative location in TV.

Eventually a proclamation was issued by “The King” banning all future charitable events in TV that would not benefit the Moffitt Center.

What unmitigated gall for him to feel that he can dictate what charitable events can be held in your own community.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 AM

EdVinMass,
You are so right. I want to make contributions to help the family as they bully out Relay for Life.
They only have 3 jets and one yacht that I know of...they need more money from us.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Did any of you read the excellent column written in the Sun from the founder of Relay for Life a week or so ago? He threw his support behind the Moffitt Center instead of the American Cancer Society. Folks, this is a LOCAL thing that will benefit US in The Villages.

The American Cancer Society is nationwide and is mainly research. It is important but I want something local. The Cancer Society would not participate with the Moffitt Center. My wife tried to get assistance from the American Cancer Society for her sister. No assistance of any kind was given.

Once again, people, giving money to the Moffitt Center is 100% voluntary. If you do not want to donate, don't donate. Send your donations to the American Cancer Society, Salvation Army, local food banks, PETA, or whatever you want. If you do not want to donate to any cause, no one is going to know. Charitable donations are entirely up to yourself.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
Eventually a proclamation was issued by “The King” banning all future charitable events in TV that would not benefit the Moffitt Center.

What unmitigated gall for him to feel that he can dictate what charitable events can be held in your own community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilson View Post
EdVinMass,
You are so right. .

You have made and affirmed stunning and disturbing allegations. Could you share with us the source of the "banning all future charitable events in TV that would not benefit the Moffitt Center" assertion.

Is it in writing? A source citation or link would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.