New Info on Moffitt

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Nice graph - But please ajakk, can you explain to me HOW this makes Morse any money other than the rental of the office space? I understand that you and Red and others don't like HOW they went about doing this but where is the money being put into the wrong hands? Please cite all sources for verification. Thanks.
As someone said back there aways, by selling more houses. It is just as simple as that.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
As someone said back there aways, by selling more houses. It is just as simple as that.
I don't think there is a problem with them selling houses.

Jim McLaughlin our villages rep told us Sunday that they are selling between 200-300 homes a month and the population is at 80+K. He said that at buildout our population will be around 100K and predictions for buildout is in 2014.

Won't be long.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I have no problem with that. But by that logic you're saying that the cancer center is an asset that will draw people to sales. That would fly in the face of what many on this thread say about too many cancer facilities nearby.

If there is a money reason behind this I think it must still be other.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know they'll make money on the leases of the building. Gut feeling says they'll make money renting the equipment to Moffitt. Absolutely no question that it is a great selling point to have a cancer center as pretigious as Moffitt on TV grounds and golf cart accessible. My thoughts have always been that it was more for the ego of saying it is on TV property than anything else. My gripe is with all the lies that have been presented to us, not with Moffitt per se (although I do think it is unnecessary and a colossal waste of money at the expense of those who believed the initial stories).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 PM

All of this gets me to wondering if the developer and the Daily Sun were again just having fun with us in the past when they reported that due to those nasty Buffalo biting all of the little fingers on that field near Sumter Landing, the Buffalo would have to be immediately (?????) Fortunately that large development project quickly followed on that land.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
The developer has no responsibility to fully inform consumers of every detail of this business venture.
Really??? You got to be kidding me - he want us to fund the equipment but has no responsibility to inform us of the financial arrangment? Of course he has that responsibility, both morally and ethically. A reasonable and prudent person would not lay out capital for a business venture without knowing all pertinent financial arrangements. If you don't want to answer any questions, buy it yourself - but if you want me to help you buy it, you will give me full disclosure. From what I saw in the "newspaper", it seems that people are starting to put this puzzle together. The list of donors is getting shorter and shorter each week. Morse has run out of contractors who do business with him and probably had to donate to keep doing business, so the large donations appear to have dried up. The only thing he can't control here, open and free speech - what America is all about - is coming back to bite him.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM

My thought is if the Moffitt center affiliate doesn't come here, so what. We have the equally capable Robert Bouisinault (sp?) facility now and from their Daily Sun articles, there won't be anything new or better from Moffitt. They didn't get any money from TV either, but still managed to open the business.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 PM

In response to Midge538 observations, when we bought here in 2005 the development was quickly moving south of Sumter Landing and there were beautiful vistas of land, buffalo roaming, as well as the golf courses. I somehow got the idea that these areas of open greenspace were here to stay. WRONG. Now we see the developer coming back to these areas and putting houses wherever they can be crammed in. The beautiful vista of the Waterfront Inn as you travel down Buena Vista is gone. Stillwater Trail is now a corridor of walls. Soon walls block the Arnold Palmer course along 466. If this were all here when we came we would have kept moving on.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadman View Post
My thought is if the Moffitt center affiliate doesn't come here, so what. We have the equally capable Robert Bouisinault (sp?) facility now and from their Daily Sun articles, there won't be anything new or better from Moffitt. They didn't get any money from TV either, but still managed to open the business.
That is a radiation center. It is not a multidiscipline cancer center.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That is a radiation center. It is not a multidiscipline cancer center.
Save the keystrokes Gracie. You can say it (and we have) over and over again but somehow someone will bring that apples to oranges argument up again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.