New kitchen construction search

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2023, 06:23 AM

Baffles me that people think bad service is ok! If a reputable company is busy, they will tell you up front it’s going to take X number of weeks for a quote. No customer should wait weeks for a reply. A reputable company will tell the customer upfront that they are too busy or the project is too small to do at this time.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
I am getting quotes for a new kitchen from people who have good recommendations but have come across a very disappointing situation. I used Gingerich for my MBR closets several years ago and was very pleased. I wanted to use them for a kitchen quotation but have been very disappointed. Their rep responded to a meeting to see the project but no follow up or response to calls. I and my husband have been doing our research and borrowed samples of doors and colors to further this project but after waiting four weeks and getting no call backs, I called their office to speak to the owner. I was told that they “filter” these calls and was referred to their office manager, who was not available, but would call me back. Didn’t happen. We are dropping them as one of the possibles for the kitchen. If they behave this way before getting my business, how will they behave after getting my money? They may be able to “filter” my calls to their office but they cannot “filter” my calls on line. I cannot recommend these folks now and certainly cannot understand that an owner would not want to know what is going on with customers. I guess they do not need my business so I do not need them. It’s a big world.
It didn’t record. I totally agree with your comment. We went into their shop inquiring about a renovation for the kitchen. At the time, we were not sure if we were going to do the entire kitchen or not. When they heard that they dismissed us and said they weren’t interested in the project. Too bad for them… We ended up doing an entire kitchen renovation, but would not go back for a quote from them ever. They are snooty!
Old 05-26-2023, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

We had Doc's do our kitchen last year.

They were very professional and prompt. The workers were very good and took extra care to get things right.

We were going to have a problem with power to the island (they said at first that they would have to rip up a strip from the wall to the island, but we didn't have enough titles to finish the job). One of the workers pointed out that we had an outlet on the wall near the island. He suggested we take up 2 tiles, chip the cement floor up (about 2 foot section) and run the wire to the island that way. We only used two tiles and you can't tell they were replaced. (Thank you Don and Leo).
Old 05-26-2023, 07:41 AM
Veteran member

"My husband and I"
Old 05-26-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com View Post
Baffles me why we are trashing companies who haven't even been hired to perform a service. We all might have way too much time on our hands. NOONE owes you a 'quote'-Many companies and owners 'qualify' leads based on their workload and capacity, and some just flat out miss messages because they might be too busy. So just move on to your other candidates. Telling me you hired them and they did a bad job is helpful, but telling me you are upset because they didn't return your phone calls is useless.
I don't see this as 'Trashing' a company, but just relaying the company's response or lack of response to requesting a Quote. Many of the businesses around the Villages have more business than they can handle, yet they continue to try to take on a greater workload. I would not bother with a company that is unresponsive.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Baffles me why we are trashing companies who haven't even been hired to perform a service. We all might have way too much time on our hands. NOONE owes you a 'quote'-Many companies and owners 'qualify' leads based on their workload and capacity, and some just flat out miss messages because they might be too busy. So just move on to your other candidates. Telling me you hired them and they did a bad job is helpful, but telling me you are upset because they didn't return your phone calls is useless.
What? You hire a company that has not been responsive in the preselection phase, then you're asking for trouble, plain and simple.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:27 AM

I am presently using Gingrich for a very large project and I could not be happier!!! They are an amazing company!!! The problem is that everyone in our area has way more work then they can handle right now. If you find someone who is immediately responsive to you, I would be very careful. Why do they not have too much business as well? Good luck to you finding a quality company that is immediately responsive to your needs in the quote phase where they may or may not get the business. They are all just trying to keep their heads above water right now with the business they already have, and customers who have already dished out money to them. It's really not a "big world", it's a very small bubble with very limited resources in ALL areas - but construction especially as the developer sucks up all of these resources. I am in contract with Gingrich and a pool company at the present time and am working finalizing a landscaping contract, and I have found that you really need to be very patient right now. They are all really doing the best they can with what they got every single day. A little kindness and a lot of patience and you would be surprised how hard people will work to make you happy - not just in construction. With this post I'm certain that you will never get your call back, so exactly who got "filtered" out?
Old 05-26-2023, 09:41 AM

In the fall of 2022, I used Doc's Restoratiorns to do some updates in the bathrooms - new countertops, mirrors, faucets, cabinet hardware. In the guest bathroom, I removed the tub and replaced with a walk-in shower. The customer service was outstanding. First, a person came to my house to review what I wanted done - appointment set-up in a timely manner. Second, a project manager is assigned to the project and they review all items at your home. You receive a schedule of when the work will start and be completed. The schedule included a daily list of items to be completed with the names of the people that would be coming to your home. There was never a question about what was to be done and when it was to be completed. At the end of the project, a person comes to your home to review the work completed. The quality of the work must meet their standards. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, the inspector will discuss with you. I was extremely satisfied with the quality of the work, customer service and professional attitude exhibited by all people that came to my home.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
Over the years, we used Gingerich, originally recommended by our realtor, for a summer kitchen, complete kitchen remodel, and a very large wall unit in living room. Each time, they produced a superb product. Kenny was our sales person each time. I would not be discouraged by difficult call backs, they are usually very busy. You've read the horror stories on TOTV about other construction companies. You get what you pay for.
So you think it is acceptable for vendors not to return calls? Not me.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:02 AM

I'd suggest you talk to Doc's Restoration. I've used them for several projects including a gut and replace Master Bath project.

They may or may not be the cheapest but you get quality work with staff who are helpful and friendly.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:05 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Wildwood Kitchen and Bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
I am getting quotes for a new kitchen from people who have good recommendations but have come across a very disappointing situation. I used Gingerich for my MBR closets several years ago and was very pleased. I wanted to use them for a kitchen quotation but have been very disappointed. Their rep responded to a meeting to see the project but no follow up or response to calls. I and my husband have been doing our research and borrowed samples of doors and colors to further this project but after waiting four weeks and getting no call backs, I called their office to speak to the owner. I was told that they “filter” these calls and was referred to their office manager, who was not available, but would call me back. Didn’t happen. We are dropping them as one of the possibles for the kitchen. If they behave this way before getting my business, how will they behave after getting my money? They may be able to “filter” my calls to their office but they cannot “filter” my calls on line. I cannot recommend these folks now and certainly cannot understand that an owner would not want to know what is going on with customers. I guess they do not need my business so I do not need them. It’s a big world.

Good Afternoon,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience as I know how long of a process can be picking everything out and finally knowing what you want and ready to move forward. We would love to help you here at Wildwood Kitchen and Bath. We have a wide range of cabinet distributors, as well as, quartz and granite. Please feel free to give us a call at your convenience if you would like us to help you create your project. 352-539-0220
Old 05-26-2023, 12:41 PM

///

Last edited by pokeefe45@aol.com; 05-26-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 01:04 PM
Platinum member

Not going to get better anytime soon. Was on 301 yesterday and noted large home builder, DR Horton, is in process of building a huge development between Wildwood and 466. I have a rule of thumb. If a contractor answers the phone, and timely for an estimate 90% chance they get the job, unless their price is outrageous.

No such thing as a FREE estimate.
Old 05-26-2023, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
...and I delete how?
If you are asking how to delete a post, you cannot. Many people delete everything except the 3 characters, "///".
Old 05-26-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you are asking how to delete a post, you cannot. Many people delete everything except the 3 characters, "///".
Much appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
calls, kitchen, office, “filter”, project

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.