New Law - Vegetable Home Gardens NOT OK

New Law - Vegetable Home Gardens NOT OK

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WHOA. AGENDA?<...Snip
Yep.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that attorney's working for Da Family, would give their 'opinion' (AKA-"AGENDA")...that it doesn't apply to their client.

Now only if that darned legal system, judges/juries and attorney's with differing opinions...didn't always get in the way.

I'll say it again, it's ALL speculation until the first case (or additional state laws)...are made.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:31 PM

There is no room for interpretation in the law that was passed. It restricts local governments from passing ordinances which would prevent a homeowner from having a vegetable garden in his front yard. That was the issue which caused the law to be written and then passed. There is no verbiage in the law as passed which could be in any way construed to include non-government entities such as HOAs or deed restricted communities. Don’t believe me? Go read it for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
...There is no verbiage in the law as passed which could be in any way construed to include non-government entities such as HOAs or deed restricted communities...
Pretty well sums it up.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:13 PM

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=eyc234;1671425]That is too bad, I would much rather put water on something of value that waste it on a green dog toilet.[/
The Villages is NO place for a front yard garden
Old 08-13-2019, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep.

It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out that attorney's working for Da Family, would give their 'opinion' (AKA-"AGENDA")...that it doesn't apply to their client.

Now only if that darned legal system, judges/juries and attorney's with differing opinions...didn't always get in the way.

I'll say it again, it's ALL speculation until the first case (or additional state laws)...are made.
Those attorneys work for the districts, not the family. Not the same, even though many think that it is.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:12 AM

Plant "NOW" get grandfathered
Old 08-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage

Just an FYI and legal opinion I suppose....

[B]"Based on interpretation and a legal review, this legislation only speaks to local city and county ordinances that may address vegetable gardens. It does not address or affect homeowner association (HOA) or potential Community Development District (CDD) restrictions that may be present. HOA/CDD restrictions would still be enforceable. CDDs are not specifically designated as political subdivisions in that statute."[/B]

Vegetable Gardens As An Addition To Your Landscape - Osprey Observer

Who knows. We do know that both sides of this will test it out.

Last edited by Bucco; 08-13-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:01 AM

Up North, a neighbor and I planted a veggie garden on our property line. Even after the deer were finished, we had wonderful food. We called ourselves "sharecroppers."
Closed Thread

Tags
law, community, gardens, vegetable, concluded