New "Lifestyle ID" Cards and Retrieval Process

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Default New "Lifestyle ID" Cards and Retrieval Process

There is a new procedure for retrieving temporary resident id cards – now called “Lifestyle ID cards.” Previously, renters picked up ID cards at Lake Sumter. Now, on the first of each month (on the 2nd in Jan and Apr) renters are required to go down to the Rohan Center to retrieve their “Lifestyle” cards.

The Villages will hold a “1 day reception and Expo” for renters from 8am-2pm on the first working day each month and require new renters to attend if they wish to gain possession of their id cards on that day. This may be a nice attempt to provide info to renters but making attendance a requirement by holding the id cards hostage is inconsiderate and inconvenient. Someday the Rohan Rec Center will be a centralized, convenient location, but today it is neither for renters in Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter areas.

Our renters will drive a long distance over several days, arriving at the beginning of January to start their winter vacation in TV. They will unpack, go food shopping, pick up their golf cart, get settled in a new place, and scout out their new location. And now (instead of walking over to Lake Sumter Sales Office) they will get back in the car and drive to Rohan to pick up the id cards.

Improvements to the ID card process are needed. How about updating the system so owners can order the cards online; pay for them electronically; and select the specific town square location where their renters will pick up the cards? Changing the name and location is not a meaningful improvement to the id card process.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post
There is a new procedure for retrieving temporary resident id cards – now called “Lifestyle ID cards.” Previously, renters picked up ID cards at Lake Sumter. Now, on the first of each month (on the 2nd in Jan and Apr) renters are required to go down to the Rohan Center to retrieve their “Lifestyle” cards.

The Villages will hold a “1 day reception and Expo” for renters from 8am-2pm on the first working day each month and require new renters to attend if they wish to gain possession of their id cards on that day. This may be a nice attempt to provide info to renters but making attendance a requirement by holding the id cards hostage is inconsiderate and inconvenient. Someday the Rohan Rec Center will be a centralized, convenient location, but today it is neither for renters in Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter areas.

Our renters will drive a long distance over several days, arriving at the beginning of January to start their winter vacation in TV. They will unpack, go food shopping, pick up their golf cart, get settled in a new place, and scout out their new location. And now (instead of walking over to Lake Sumter Sales Office) they will get back in the car and drive to Rohan to pick up the id cards.

Improvements to the ID card process are needed. How about updating the system so owners can order the cards online; pay for them electronically; and select the specific town square location where their renters will pick up the cards? Changing the name and location is not a meaningful improvement to the id card process.
Based on what you said....Totally agree. Seems like an opportunity for a sales pitch. It's BS
Old 12-20-2017, 10:55 AM

We are annual renters, and have been, for 10 years. For the past few years we have opted to arrive a day earlier, stay @ Hampton Inn, to avoid the "first day of School" and sales pitch at LSL. Not happy with our Guest ID cards (That we pay $50 for) being held up for the sales pitch. Been there done that!!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

This will backfire. People hate to be forced into sales presentations. If renters want to buy they attend gladly.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I agree with the OP and have got my tenants 2 days guest passes so they are not forced to deal with this. I also would be upset if I was renting and forced to attend a sales pitch. The answer they gave me was "they don't have to attend, just go to LSL the next day". So they are forcing tenants to pay for a 30 or 31 day pass then forcing a sales pitch to get it. Or only giving them 29 days for something they paid to have a full month. Most places will pay you something to attend a sales pitch.

This is not their usual mode of operation. Something must have changed. Probably because they are trying to sell homes in the middle of nowhere.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM

Complained to them as well. These re my renters, who I hope, will return again next year. Sending them into a hard sales pitch is unscrupulous. Now, the Villages does attach to this pick up an orientation, which may be good for first time rented to learn a little more about the the amentieies offered and the tee time system but I agree, having to drive down to rohan on their first day is a bit much to ask.

For the past two months, I have informed my renters in each of my two villas about the oprientation as they were new to the villages. I also told them that the 1st day may be just too busy and they could always just get settled down day 1 and then pick up the passes at LSL on the 2nd.

I agree with the above post that we should be able to pay online or perhaps even be able to schedule a pick up location more convenient. As the Villages grows in size, getting from one end to the other can be a 30 minute drive! Guest passes can be picked up at Regional centers, why not allow IDs to be picked up at ANY sales office at least - there's only 3 to get the hardware for and they're at least more convenient.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Any day other than those mentioned, the ID cards can be picked up at the Sumter Landing sales office.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Any day other than those mentioned, the ID cards can be picked up at the Sumter Landing sales office.
That is a horse of a different color.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Sage

Well, I hope that the orientation will at least give them instruction in roundabout navigation (after they driven all the way to Rohan).
Old 12-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbinnj View Post

So I this what you told The Villages??
Posting on here is wishful thinking that something will change.....................
Old 12-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

What are the differences between a Guest Pass and a Lifestyle ID?
Old 12-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Veteran member

They first did this for the month of Nov. Our renters, who did not have a car, chose to pick up their ids on the 2nd at Sumter instead. I like the idea of getting a temporary pass for a few days. I think a 30 to 40 minute golf cart ride the first day you are here is rather harsh.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
This will backfire. People hate to be forced into sales presentations. If renters want to buy they attend gladly.
We've rented twice in TV and both times we picked up our ID's at Lake Sumter. No one ever tried to give us a sales pitch. We just walked in, told them we came for our ID's, and they directed back to the desk to pick them up. Gee, maybe they don't like the looks of us and don't want us as residents...lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
cards, renters, location, sumter, lake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.