New manufactured homes

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Default New manufactured homes

We will be visiting in August to check out the villages. Thinking of possibly moving there next year if we like what we see. Was wondering if you can put a new pre Fab home on one of the home sites? Thank you for any input.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:07 PM

Nope. All new homes are built from the styles and floorpans from The Villages array of selections. If you have one of them built, you may be able to make some modifications or upgrades to the original design. A buyer can not bring in their own design or style. Keep in mind that styles are not intermingled. In other words Villas are built in areas only for Villas, Designer style only where other designers are built, etc.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norminha View Post
We will be visiting in August to check out the villages. Thinking of possibly moving there next year if we like what we see. Was wondering if you can put a new pre Fab home on one of the home sites? Thank you for any input.
Norminha,
Contact a villages sales agent, you MIGHT have more options in the historic district. I have seen where the developer has been buying the lots and removing existing mobile homes and then building new homes. It appears there might be other options i this area. In any case you should call before you come down so you know the ground rules.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

There is a new manufactured that was just trailered in on West Schwartz, historic side. Check first before listening to the experts here.
Steve
Old 05-25-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
There is a new manufactured that was just trailered in on West Schwartz, historic side. Check first before listening to the experts here.
Steve
And that is where you would have to settle on living. You cannot bring one into any of the newer sections.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

If you own the property and the Manufactured Home you select fits the criteria that is in place then you will be all set to bring your new home in. It is very possible but as anywhere else there are some technicalities that must be worked out. The way I understand it the areas are limited that you could complete this mission in but there are Manufactured homes in the are behind Spanish Springs Square. Good Luck with your project and welcome. I would be happy to help you out any way I can if you need a set of eyes to look at a potential property to help your dream happen.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
If you own the property and the Manufactured Home you select fits the criteria that is in place then you will be all set to bring your new home in. It is very possible but as anywhere else there are some technicalities that must be worked out. The way I understand it the areas are limited that you could complete this mission in but there are Manufactured homes in the are behind Spanish Springs Square. Good Luck with your project and welcome. I would be happy to help you out any way I can if you need a set of eyes to look at a potential property to help your dream happen.
Now here's a typical villager, willing to go out of his/her way to help out a stranger. Kudos, Nucky

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Check out Continental Country Club in Wildwood. While not part of The Villages, they are a community of manufactured homes surrounded by new Villages.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:19 AM

I don't have an answer to your question, but if you are looking for a place to rent in August, my home is available.
2/2 on the Chula Vista Golf Course. $950 for the whole month. Golf cart available for additional $200 which is 1/3 of what the rental is at most cart places.

If interested call or text Jean: 585 694 3279 or email: jricciuto@rochester.rr.com.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:32 PM

Thank you everyone! Can't wait to visit in August!
Old 05-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here are a couple of links that pertain more to what you're looking for;

Manufactured Homes in Florida for Over 55

55+ Manufactured Home Communities - Cove Communities, Ocala, Tarpon Springs, Sarasota, Ft. Myers
Old 05-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytocl View Post
Check out Continental Country Club in Wildwood. While not part of The Villages, they are a community of manufactured homes surrounded by new Villages.
Keep in mind that living NEAR The Villages does NOT give you the right to use most facilities or join in activities that are the main draw for people who move to The Villages. You CAN shop and dine in The Villages and even listen to live music on the squares but as far a using any of the 80 or so swimming pools, golfing on the several hundred holes of golf, playing on the scores of tennis, platform tennis and pickleball courts, joining any of the 3,000 social clubs, attending the extended learning classes, etc., is not an option. Despite this, I've seen advertisements from other nearby communities who strongly imply that their residents can use all of The Villages' amenities. That isn't the case. Paraphrasing the ad for the credit card, "Membership (or ownership in this case) has its privileges."
Closed Thread

Tags
home, put, wondering, pre, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.