New medical complex on 466A?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-07-2011, 06:14 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,084
Thanks: 3
Thanked 560 Times in 238 Posts
Default New medical complex on 466A?

A friend scouted out along 466A for us. We are interested because we have reserved a lot on the south side of Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove. Our lanai will face the large pasture that is there now.

On the north side of the 466A, between Buena Vista and the new Sumter County complex, is a sign that says "St. Luke Medical Complex." Has anyone heard anything about this?
  #2  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Russ_Boston's Avatar
Russ_Boston Russ_Boston is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Buttonwood
Posts: 4,847
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
A friend scouted out along 466A for us. We are interested because we have reserved a lot on the south side of Ansley Path in Tamarind Grove. Our lanai will face the large pasture that is there now.

On the north side of the 466A, between Buena Vista and the new Sumter County complex, is a sign that says "St. Luke Medical Complex." Has anyone heard anything about this?
I saw that sign many months ago (maybe almost a year?). Anyone?
  #3  
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM
villages3412 villages3412 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Medical complex

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16878...d-Wildwood-FL/

The area has Two properties near the area with your sign.

One property is listed on the internet at the web site listed above

Note: For Sale: 500 Apartments: This apartment site is zoned and entitled for 500 units. The developer is selling it pad ready with sewer and water to the site, and parking lot improvements completd.

St. Luke's Medical Town Center located on 466A and Lake Buena Vista Blvd..
  #4  
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM
champion6's Avatar
champion6 champion6 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,084
Thanks: 3
Thanked 560 Times in 238 Posts
Default

Thanks for the link, villages3412.

It appears to me that the only thing going on so far is that the owner has decided to sell the pasture land. It seems a little strange that the seller has already given the area a name, "St. Luke's Medical Town Center Apts."

I'm also relieved because the lot we reserved is not adjacent to that parcel. We are adjacent to the large pasture that is east of the one that is for sale.

villages3412, are you a member of LoopNet with access to view all of their listings?
  #5  
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Thanks for the link, villages3412.

It seems a little strange that the seller has already given the area a name, "St. Luke's Medical Town Center Apts."
Maybe he's selling it to one of his various entities with plans to market it to medical care associates. Having affordable housing for entry and/or mid-level employees is one way to market to and attract higher-end medical professionals.

See also, Villages charter schools

disclaimer: This is total and complete speculation on my part. OR: All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real circumstances, past, present or future, is purely coincidental.
  #6  
Old 04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,419
Thanks: 4,200
Thanked 4,699 Times in 1,611 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Maybe he's selling it to one of his various entities with plans to market it to medical care associates. Having affordable housing for entry and/or mid-level employees is one way to market to and attract higher-end medical professionals.

See also, Villages charter schools

disclaimer: This is total and complete speculation on my part. OR: All characters appearing in this post are fictitious. Any resemblance to real circumstances, past, present or future, is purely coincidental.
SEE WHAT I MEAN? She is my idol.

She speaks and writes Journalese.
  #7  
Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
English Ivy English Ivy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I don't think you can assume that a lot with a beautiful view will always have that same view.

For example I'm sure the homeowners in Bridgeport never considered someday they'd be looking at Edgewater Bungalows (or whatever they're called) rather than the beautiful views they used to have.

Sooner or later something will be built all along 466A.
  #8  
Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,419
Thanks: 4,200
Thanked 4,699 Times in 1,611 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I don't think you can assume that a lot with a beautiful view will always have that same view.

For example I'm sure the homeowners in Bridgeport never considered someday they'd be looking at Edgewater Bungalows (or whatever they're called) rather than the beautiful views they used to have.

Sooner or later something will be built all along 466A.
I think that those Bungalows are pretty. They are across the pond and don't really intrude on their privacy....nor does Bridgeport intrude on the Bungalows.

But you are so right, and we are all old enough to know that building next to a vacant area is taking a chance. We can only blame ourselves if something is built that we don't like.
  #9  
Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
English Ivy English Ivy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that those Bungalows are pretty. They are across the pond and don't really intrude on their privacy....nor does Bridgeport intrude on the Bungalows.

But you are so right, and we are all old enough to know that building next to a vacant area is taking a chance. We can only blame ourselves if something is built that we don't like.
I agree, Gracie. The bungalows are very pretty. But they're not a big open field with a continuing view of the oak trees on Buena Vista and the preserve land beyond.
  #10  
Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 AM
swimdawg's Avatar
swimdawg swimdawg is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default View

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I don't think you can assume that a lot with a beautiful view will always have that same view.

For example I'm sure the homeowners in Bridgeport never considered someday they'd be looking at Edgewater Bungalows (or whatever they're called) rather than the beautiful views they used to have.

Sooner or later something will be built all along 466A.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
........and the builder makes it very clear that what may be a beautiful view today may not be so beautiful tomorrow. But......a beautiful sunset overlooking a pond really can't change too much (unless the lake dries up, right?).
  #11  
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 AM
zummy's Avatar
zummy zummy is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default present pasture land

Your lani could be looking at the back of a shopping center parking lot . Who knows in commercial property
__________________
Pittsburgh Pa., Waynesburg Pa.,Poughkeepsie NY, Syracuse NY, The Villages snow bird and now at last a FROG
  #12  
Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Dirigo's Avatar
Dirigo Dirigo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Village of Liberty Park
Posts: 539
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I'm also relieved because the lot we reserved is not adjacent to that parcel. We are adjacent to the large pasture that is east of the one that is for sale.
I don't mean to be a wet blanket but there is a sign on the property east of the "St Luke's" advertising out parcels for sale also (or at least there was a sign there 10-12 days ago when I drove by there (466A). Not knowing exactly where your parcel is I can't say it backs up to you (I certainly hope not).

I talked to a fellow who bought a house on Hopespring Loop that backs up to the cow pasture because he said it was zoned agricultural and was told by a sales rep that it would be hard to change the zoning...well I'm in the real estate valuation biz and I know that money talks and zoning walks.
__________________
Maine, 61.5 years. The Village of Liberty Park.


"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
  #13  
Old 04-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Shimpy's Avatar
Shimpy Shimpy is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,697
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirigo View Post
I don't mean to be a wet blanket but there is a sign on the property east of the "St Luke's" advertising out parcels for sale also (or at least there was a sign there 10-12 days ago when I drove by there (466A). Not knowing exactly where your parcel is I can't say it backs up to you (I certainly hope not).

I talked to a fellow who bought a house on Hopespring Loop that backs up to the cow pasture because he said it was zoned agricultural and was told by a sales rep that it would be hard to change the zoning...well I'm in the real estate valuation biz and I know that money talks and zoning walks.
"COMING SOON, SNYDERS 24 TRUCK STOP"........I hope not, but zoning is changed all the time. You never know.
__________________
Les
  #14  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Pturner's Avatar
Pturner Pturner is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,066
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Champion6,
To be honest, I think that the only thing you can be sure of is that the vacant pasture will not stay undeveloped. If the pasture land was the primary reason you chose your lot, or if the thought of it's uncertain development troubles you, I wonder if you might want to consider exchanging your lot for one with more certain surroundings.

Just a thought. Don't want you to plan your stairway to heaven only to find out it's not as you envisioned.

Now, please go back and enjoy your Zeppelin.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.