New models

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Default New models

Was just on The Villages website and noticed two new models names I've not heard before - Aspen and Elm. Curious if anyone has toured them! I would suppose they would be eliminating some of the other models because of this?
Can't wait till March to see them and all the other new ones since our last visit!
Please order up some sunshine and warmth for all us wannabes coming in March!

Peg & Bob
Bethlehem, CT
Old 02-11-2011, 07:39 PM

There are actually 3 new designer floor plans listed. Elm, Aspen and Zinnia. All three are under construction in the Village of St. James, near the mail box.
I'll probably walk through them on Sunday when there are no construction people around. Two are in the 1900 -1950 sq. ft range and the third is slightly over 2,000 sq. ft.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Hmmmm....how long do they keep "new" models on the drawing board. We just put a deposit on land and have a model in mind. What would happen if they drop this model? Hopefully that won't happen.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Hmmm.........interesting! I just put a deposit on land around a lake in St. James. I was interested in The Iris. I love the floor plan. I hope they don't drop it.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:23 AM

i doubt that the iris will be dropped... our salesman just told us that it and the lily are the two most popular models right now... it may be called something else the next time they do a new model row and it might have some slight changes made to it, but they are usually changes for the better IMHO... good luck...
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

I think new model names are actually a sales gimmick to lead people toward the new homes. If your happy with the floor plan and area, would it really make a difference if they gave a 2000 sf (or what ever) house a different name and moved whatever to a slightly different place. It does take long to figure out that The villages changes names on houses like car manufactures change models each year. Some times for the better but often I believe for the sales effect. What ever your houses name is it won't be offered in a few years. Thats why when you leave your current house people will refer to it by your name (Oh you live in Jerry and Joans old house) not the model name.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Thanks for the heads up - I'm always looking at the models, but I was just on the website and couldn't find these new models you mentioned. Are they Designer homes?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33 AM

yes taylor.... they are all under the designer section of the home series... hope this link helps....

http://www.thevillages.com/homes/search/
Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Thanks for the link. That takes me to available new homes and I did find them, but there are no floorplans and they are not in the New Home Gallery where all the models are listed. Have you found a floorplan?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:37 PM

I can't seem to find the new Designer models...where did you see them?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARBUCKSSAMMY View Post
I can't seem to find the new Designer models...where did you see them?
The new designer models mentioned are found in the listing of new available or in construction homes for sale. http://thevillages.com/homes/search/

You'll have to click on the list by model tag then scroll through available units until you alphabetically reach the model you're looking for. Note that it is not listed in the NEW Gallery of homes. Hope this helps!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Default new models

Thanks for the location...I was looking at the New Gallery.
Anxious to see the 3br/ 3 ba.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Default New Models

Would also be interested in any new 3 bdrm/3bath designer models to see how they compare to the Aster, which is the 3bdrm/3bath we intend to build in about 1 year.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Are they bigger??

Jim McLaughlin, our rep called to say that there were three new Premier models he wanted to show us, and I was quickly going through the Designer models too, to see the new ones. I THINK that one of the floor plans of one of the new Designer models had approximately 2500 sq.ft. which is much larger than the previous biggest designer, The Lantana, which is slightly over 2000....and now there are a couple more designers of maybe slightly bigger than 2000??

Am I right or wrong on this....We got company and I abandoned my search.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Jim McLaughlin, our rep called to say that there were three new Premier models he wanted to show us, and I was quickly going through the Designer models too, to see the new ones. I THINK that one of the floor plans of one of the new Designer models had approximately 2500 sq.ft. which is much larger than the previous biggest designer, The Lantana, which is slightly over 2000....and now there are a couple more designers of maybe slightly bigger than 2000??

Am I right or wrong on this....We got company and I abandoned my search.
Hi gg...Jim's also our sales rep - isn't he great. I found these new models only on new home search and as with the other "Old" new models, the floor plans - except for the Spruce - are not available to view yet. Can't figure out why they build the new models before putting them in the gallery first, but who am I to question success (to say the least!). Hope to meet you and others on the forum at Crispers in March!
Peg
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.