New neighborhood Walmart at Sarasota Plaza

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Now that the Neighborhood Market has been open a while, have any of the shoppers on TOTV conducted a price comparison with a Supercenter?
Nope. I shop like an insane person anymore. If I want fresh peaches, I buy them.

My ancestors are rolling in their graves.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
ask her what taxes were like in the land of lincoln?
Sales tax in Schaumburg, IL (northwest suburb of Chicago): 10%.
This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Illinois state sales tax rate is currently 6.25%. The Cook County sales tax rate is 1.75%.

Sales tax in Sumter County, FL: The combined sales tax rate for Sumter County, FL is 7%. This is the total of state and county sales tax rates. The Florida state sales tax rate is currently 6%. The Sumter County sales tax rate is 1%.

Interesting to learn more about price comparison between the larger Walmart stores and the neighborhood Walmart stores.

Do the larger Walmart stores have the same prices throughout the country?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Sales tax in Schaumburg, IL (northwest suburb of Chicago): 10%.
This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The Illinois state sales tax rate is currently 6.25%. The Cook County sales tax rate is 1.75%.

Sales tax in Sumter County, FL: The combined sales tax rate for Sumter County, FL is 7%. This is the total of state and county sales tax rates. The Florida state sales tax rate is currently 6%. The Sumter County sales tax rate is 1%.

Interesting to learn more about price comparison between the larger Walmart stores and the neighborhood Walmart stores.

Do the larger Walmart stores have the same prices throughout the country?
I think from what Mrs. R said, they do not have the same prices throughout the country. But then, neither do the other grocery stores have the same prices everywhere. General costs like rent, fuel, warehousing, wages, etc., are not the same everywhere.

Other than Walmart, supplier competition would factor in. The grocery prices, for instance, we're much higher in West MI than they were in NJ and Pittsburgh because for the most part there were only two suppliers supplying all the grocery chains in that area. Very little competition.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I agree prices are not the same up north in different stores in the same chain depending on what ZIP Code they have. The only thing stays the same is the sale price in the flyers.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think from what Mrs. R said, they do not have the same prices throughout the country. But then, neither do the other grocery stores have the same prices everywhere. General costs like rent, fuel, warehousing, wages, etc., are not the same everywhere.

Other than Walmart, supplier competition would factor in. The grocery prices, for instance, we're much higher in West MI than they were in NJ and Pittsburgh because for the most part there were only two suppliers supplying all the grocery chains in that area. Very little competition.
Well said.

Tags
parking, spot, gas, station, takes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.