New Parking Enforcement in TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool New Parking Enforcement in TV

Just received this via email, from the VCDD:

Parking in Unauthorized Areas

Community Watch and local law enforcement officials are teaming up in a new safety initiative to prevent golf carts and other vehicles from driving and parking on our sidewalks and other unauthorized areas. Not only is it in violation of District Rules, but driving and parking on the sidewalks is also extremely dangerous for our residents and guests enjoying a casual stroll through the community.

Have you noticed the traffic cones that have been placed along our sidewalks at handicapped access points on the squares? The cones were placed there originally to discourage vehicles from parking on our sidewalks. In the first phase of our new initiative Community Watch will remove the existing traffic cones. Community Watch will now place red and black “WARNING” signs on vehicles parked in unauthorized areas. The warnings reference District Rules and are designed to educate vehicle operators of their parking infractions.

Community Watch will partner with law enforcement in the second phase of the initiative to attempt to identify and notify owners of vehicles parked in violation of the District Rules. Owners will be given the opportunity to move their vehicles. As a last resort, drivers of vehicles repeatedly parked in violation of the District Rules may be prohibited access to any District property. We hope this action is not required, but the safety of our residents and guests must be assured.

Please assist us in making our sidewalks safe for our residents and guests.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,306 Times in 541 Posts
Default Driving or parking on sidewalks

Who would drive or park on a sidewalk? The obvious should be enforced.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Sage

A sense of entitlement always amazes me. My late brother used to park in "doctor" parking when visiting someone. He thought it was funny, I thought it was rude. It's a good thing to do a little extra walking for those that are able to do so.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post

snipped

Community Watch will partner with law enforcement in the second phase of the initiative to attempt to identify and notify owners of vehicles parked in violation of the District Rules. Owners will be given the opportunity to move their vehicles. As a last resort, drivers of vehicles repeatedly parked in violation of the District Rules may be prohibited access to any District property. We hope this action is not required, but the safety of our residents and guests must be assured.

thanx for posting memason - makes me wonder -
how c.w. will 'notify' those owners and give them 'the opportunity to move their vehicles.' - will the entertainers on the squares be making periodic announcements of vehicles that need to be moved?

and regarding 'drivers of vehicles repeatedly parked in violation of the district rules...' - just who is gonna keep track of that, law enforcement?

Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
how c.w. will 'notify' those owners and give them 'the opportunity to move their vehicles.' - will the entertainers on the squares be making periodic announcements of vehicles that need to be moved?

and regarding 'drivers of vehicles repeatedly parked in violation of the district rules...' - just who is gonna keep track of that, law enforcement?
If you don't park on the sidewalk, should not be an issue for you.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Glad

Glad to see the enforcement. There should be more of it. Wish they would also go after those who see fit to drive over the curbs so they can drive down to the water edge and go fishing. Curbs aren't cheap to replace.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post

Community Watch and local law enforcement officials are teaming up in a new safety initiative to prevent golf carts and other vehicles from driving and parking on our sidewalks and other unauthorized areas. Not only is it in violation of District Rules, but driving and parking on the sidewalks is also extremely dangerous for our residents and guests enjoying a casual stroll through the community.

Have you noticed the traffic cones that have been placed along our sidewalks at handicapped access points on the squares? The cones were placed there originally to discourage vehicles from parking on our sidewalks. In the first phase of our new initiative Community Watch will remove the existing traffic cones. Community Watch will now place red and black “WARNING” signs on vehicles parked in unauthorized areas. The warnings reference District Rules and are designed to educate vehicle operators of their parking infractions.

I also received this and it's about time somebody attempts to enforce these inconsiderate drivers, sorry I mean parkers.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you don't park on the sidewalk, should not be an issue for you.
you're correct. since I once used to draft policy and procedure, requiring me to defend absolutely every practical application in same, I often wonder how far ahead other people with the same responsibility think when preparing and/or approving new/revised policy and procedure. was just wondering out loud I guess.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post

Law enforcement enforces the laws, not district rules.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran member

One of the parking problems I have observed---the lines marked for a car or golf carts to park between-(parallel parking)---a car is parked -- a golf cart parks either behind the car or in front within the lines after a car is there---- saw a car yesterday---hemmed in---couldn't get out of his marked spot because of a cart that had parked within his lines. Don't think the car was at fault because he could not have parked in the area that he ended up with. That has to be against the law----
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
One of the parking problems I have observed---the lines marked for a car or golf carts to park between-(parallel parking)---a car is parked -- a golf cart parks either behind the car or in front within the lines after a car is there---- saw a car yesterday---hemmed in---couldn't get out of his marked spot because of a cart that had parked within his lines. Don't think the car was at fault because he could not have parked in the area that he ended up with. That has to be against the law----
Just release the brake, roll the golf cart to the middle of the street and then drive away.

Skip
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.