New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts
Default New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We often go to the Fenney area on Sunday to walk around and see what is happening.

Today we went to the new neighborhood of Marsh Bend, parked in the Marsh View housing area with the brick streets, and walked along the pedestrian trail to the new Cattail Recreation Area.

The pedestrian trail is great - a wide asphalt path that will not allow golf carts, much nicer than a MMP for walking. The path winds thru live oak trees and has very nice views of Hog Eye Marsh.

We were very impressed with the new pitch-putt course they are building. The holes we saw were short (40-70 yards), but the greens appeared to have a lot of slope with some very challenging possible pin positions. In short, the whole place is truly beautiful, with the creek running thru the course, the small lakes, and the gorgeous live oaks.

There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

When everything is finished, I can foresee that my wife and I will enjoy parking our car at the Everglades Rec Center, taking the walking trail to Cattail, having lunch at one of the food trucks they plan to have there, and then walking back on the trail that is supposed to go north of Hog Eye Marsh.
I think...…..those danged Morses just keep getting better all the time.

Disclaimer to those who wrote me nasty P.M.s...
I do not sell real estate. Never have. Don't know the danged Morses, wish I did. I would shake their hands and thank them. My support of this beautiful place is genuine. I am almost 80 years old and I have been a place or two. This place is so nice. I am so glad to live here.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I do not sell real estate. Never have. Don't know the danged Morses, wish I did. I would shake their hands and thank them. My support of this beautiful place is genuine. I am almost 80 years old and I have been a place or two. This place is so nice. I am so glad to live here.
--

I'm new around here... bought a home in DeSoto a few months ago. (I am generally familiar with FL as I lived in S. FL for several years a couple decades ago.)

I too am impressed with what what the Morse's have built up here. I am also very appreciative of the continued construction as it has afforded me the opportunity to buy now as I get ready for my own retirement years!

P.S. GracieGirl: Love your posts! Thanks!
-Tom Robbins
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Well, that is kind of a bummer for us folks with bad knees that need to use a golf cart. Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths? If not, that kind of limits a lot of senior citizens ability to use the golf facility?
Old 02-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

Well, that is kind of a bummer for us folks with bad knees that need to use a golf cart. Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths? If not, that kind of limits a lot of senior citizens ability to use the golf facility?
No golf carts. Walking only.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I couldn't have said it better, myself.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:

For a minute I thought the one supposedly future short game practice facility near Mulberry was done but I'm guessing we'll never see it. What ones we do have north of 466 were fine back in the day but not now.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

An picture take from the Cub of the golf course last week ->Dropbox - IMG_1797.JPG
and -> Dropbox - IMG_1798.JPG

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-10-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths?
I have no idea. We will see what the rules are when the course opens.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.
They are indeed building a Championship course down here, Goldwingnut pointed it out on one of his videos. The pitch and put only allows a limited number of clubs to be used, I believe it said 2 and a putter but not 100% sure, as far as golf cars for those who can't walk, I don't know the answer so we'll have to wait and see. Your stating that TV is catering to a different generation is a bit premature at this point in time. I'm glad to be living down here and can't wait for the gourmet food trucks to line up, permits might have already been issued to these vendors. Marsh landing is going to be a beautiful village with tons of new amenities. I think they should have a full time EMS unit at the soccer fields, there are going to be a lot of muscles, tendons, and bones injured once that starts up.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
An picture take from the Cub of the golf course last week ->Dropbox - IMG_1797.JPG
and -> Dropbox - IMG_1798.JPG
Thanks very much for posting these two pictures.

The first picture will give people an idea of the beautiful walking trail from the Marsh View neighborhood to the Cattail Rec Center.

The second picture shows a closer view of the pitch-n-putt course with all of its water hazards. Yeah, the holes may be short but, as best we could tell, the first holes on both nines are right in front of the starters shack and they have forced carries over the water hazard. No place to hit a dribbler.

A truly gorgeous area. IMHO, the nicest we have seen in TV.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:

I would use mosquito repellent when walking close to the marshes, especially in the evening
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Gold member

I agree with you on this. All those houses and STILL no regulation 18 hole golf course.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Why build real golf courses when you can use the land to build more houses to maximize profit and give the residents undersized "Pitch and putt" and "Putt and Play" substitutes?

Not for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
marsh, trail, walking, area, path

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.