New pitch-n-putt course is absolutely beautiful

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I agree with you on this. All those houses and STILL no regulation 18 hole golf course.
They are building the championship course near the turnpike rest area, it has been noted on here and on other forums several times. You can't get to that area yet by golf car so what is the big hurry, they're building as fast as humanly possible down here as it is and none of us really want them to start a night shift. Be patient grasshoppers.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
No championship golf, pitch and putt, walking only???? I guess the plan for the Villages south is catering to a different generation? Glad to be living north of 466.
Read in Daily Sun last week.....new Championship course to be built east of Turnpike.
If you are north of 466, why complain?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

We looked all over the U.S. for the best of the best to retire in. We picked The Villages from the list and have no regrets. The developers could drop this project and live happily ever after without the stress of working, but they continue to improve and build better neighborhoods. Thank you developers and PLEASE keep on going.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would use mosquito repellent when walking close to the marshes, especially in the evening
That is an EXCELLENT idea!

We recently heard a story about a villager who was bitten by a mosquito in November, got infected with the West Nile Virus, and died a short time later.

The man had played golf at Fenney, had dinner at the grill, and was sitting around the fire pit behind the Fenney visitor center. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a nice evening with your friends, but a swarm of mosquitoes came out of the marsh and started biting them.

We always carry sunscreen in our cars, so now we will also carry bug repellent.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Avon Skin so Soft is a goody.
Keeps Scottish midges away, and if it can do that to them, it will probably keep anything away.
Alligators as well!!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:15 PM

I think its exciting. My husband and I drive down also on Sundays and look around. It changes every time.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
There were no cart paths on the course, but there were narrow concrete paths from one green to the next tee, probably so people would not get confused which hole is next.

Well, that is kind of a bummer for us folks with bad knees that need to use a golf cart. Can you use a golf cart even though there are no cart paths? If not, that kind of limits a lot of senior citizens ability to use the golf facility?
I'm all for a golf course where the ground won't be hard packed from the tee to the green by people who think they HAVE TO drive up to the edges of the tee boxes and greens and wreak havoc on the courses in wet areas. Has anyone complained about their inability to drive onto the Fenney Putt and Play to play since it opened?

BTW, I also have super bad knees (3 surgeries rt. knee/2 on lt. knee) but still walk the sidewalks and mmp's 3 times a week; 5-8 miles each time.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,028 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I'm all for a golf course where the ground won't be hard packed from the tee to the green by people who think they HAVE TO drive up to the edges of the tee boxes and greens and wreak havoc on the courses in wet areas. Has anyone complained about their inability to drive onto the Fenney Putt and Play to play since it opened?

BTW, I also have super bad knees (3 surgeries rt. knee/2 on lt. knee) but still walk the sidewalks and mmp's 3 times a week; 5-8 miles each time.
I also love to golf, but the walking thing just does not work for my way super bad knees. I do swim about 5 - 6 miles per week, no knee issues with that.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,028 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Read in Daily Sun last week.....new Championship course to be built east of Turnpike.
If you are north of 466, why complain?
????, not complaining, just making an observation. When the Villages north was being developed, championship golf was build first, then homes were sold. The Villages south seems to be a different business model, designed for a different age group of home buyers that don't value golf as much as the previous generation. Perhaps I am wrong, but it appears that way?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
????, not complaining, just making an observation. When the Villages north was being developed, championship golf was build first, then homes were sold. The Villages south seems to be a different business model, designed for a different age group of home buyers that don't value golf as much as the previous generation. Perhaps I am wrong, but it appears that way?
You are right about the business model. It used to be here's the golf course and here is where your house will be. Now it is here's your house and here is where the golf course will be.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2019, 04:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Even though our kids and grands started playing golf at a very young age, golf is last on their list of things to do.

The boys are looking to buy this year in TV, both under 45, and south is where they want to live. They are more interested in the trails, and other activities, a more healthy and active lifestyle, then golf. We play 6 to 7 days a week, they might play once a week.

The developer may be looking down the road as the next gens move here golf courses may not be used as much.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
You are right about the business model. It used to be here's the golf course and here is where your house will be. Now it is here's your house and here is where the golf course will be.
That is a very good observation.

We lived in Fairfax County, Virginia for 36 years and we observed several communities where they built very nice golf courses first and then started building high priced houses around the course.

After the builder finished the houses and made enough money, they often turned the course over to the homeowners, who then had to recruit members to join the country club. Oftentimes, the homeowners could not cover the expenses to maintain the golf course, and the golf course would close down.

I am very, very glad the Morse family does not use that business model.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I'm glad to be living down here and can't wait for the gourmet food trucks to line up, permits might have already been issued to these vendors.
That surprises me since I have been talking to a young server/bartender here in TV that is thinking about putting a food truck down there and has been talking to TV about it but from what he told me no contracts have yet been signed for food trucks down there yet.He wants to see the restrictions/expectations in the contract before making a decision.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
That surprises me since I have been talking to a young server/bartender here in TV that is thinking about putting a food truck down there and has been talking to TV about it but from what he told me no contracts have yet been signed for food trucks down there yet.He wants to see the restrictions/expectations in the contract before making a decision.
I did state that they "might" have issued permits already. They could also be keeping it quiet.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=vintageogauge;1624712]I did state that they "might" have issued permits already. They could also be keeping it quiet

From what I understand they haven't and my friend isn't planning on a gourmet food truck since the Rec Center isn't located in a high traffic area and he thinks Villagers will not pay for that. He is thinking more along the lines of burgers, hot dogs and fries

Tags
marsh, trail, walking, area, path

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.