New Post Office

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default Oh My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
But did the Post Office design the building? It doesn't look like it can be used for anything other than a post office.

It looks OK to me other than the fact that my box is now about as far away from the front entrance as possible. In the old building my box was a few steps from the entrance.

I wish they had moved it a few yards to the west and built a golf cart path around the back.
you have to walk all the way to the back of PO for mail , let’s start a boycott like everything else we don’t like in TV
Old 11-28-2020, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityzen View Post
Did anyone on this website ever take an English Composition course in school? The writing here is totally incoherent. Does anyone proofread their comments before pressing “submit?” Better yet, does anyone think twice about the soundness of their arguments? It sounds illiterate at best.
English is not everyone's first language. So no, not everyone has taken an English Comp class in school. The writing is not totally incoherent. Some of it is difficult to read, but anyone with moderate intelligence and figure it out. Did you take Reading Comprehension in school? I think that was a prerequisite to English Composition.

Just sayin...
Old 11-28-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage

That’s funny. What was posted as “goat rope”. You managed to morph it into “goat road” (getting closer). The actual term is “goat rodeo”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
What is a goat road ?
Old 11-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

From Wiktionary - goat rope (plural goat ropes) (slang) A confusing, disorganized situation often attributed to or marked by human error. (slang) A convoluted issue that is contested by many parties. A rodeo event in which competitors attempt to lasso a goat, usually for younger participants.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:58 PM

I was unaware of this change in location. How were customers informed? I haven't been to my home since COVID and I have a person in my home now who went to check the mail only to find out that the existing key didn't work. Were new keys provided to customers?

I tried calling but no answer. Likely they are quite busy down there.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzlife View Post
I was unaware of this change in location. How were customers informed? I haven't been to my home since COVID and I have a person in my home now who went to check the mail only to find out that the existing key didn't work. Were new keys provided to customers?

I tried calling but no answer. Likely they are quite busy down there.
The new keys were left in the old box, in an envelope with the new box number on the envelope, quite a while ago
Old 12-15-2020, 03:20 PM

Thank you for the info.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Default Usps

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
Hmmm.... new post office designed by "the government?" Who would have figured that the United States Postal Service was a government agency?
. Trump figured it out and threatened to shut it down because he didn’t Ike mail in ballots
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-15-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
. Trump figured it out and threatened to shut it down because he didn’t Ike mail in ballots
Why do you need to make this thread political?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Stopped by the new PO on Saturday around 10am. Parked across from the old PO, and walked 43 steps to the line of about 6. One person working alone, took me 14 minutes to send my priority. Felt bad people were angry that it took so long, guess had no idea it’s December

I will say it was entertaining to see people stand in line to buy a card, or better yet a gift card, that can be bought in any retail store. Didn’t mail anything but complaints of how long it took to purchase, were abundant.

It was my fault for having to go in person, on Friday I had all my priority boxes picked up at the house, this one slipped by. No issues with parking or space, but it didn’t take much thought to evaluate the parking

Tags
parking, line, room, post, spots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.