New Restricted Income Apts on 466

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2020, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsherry View Post
High density development going on every where in and near TV. Hoping for the best, but never saw anything get better once it got popular and bigger.
We're dealing with mostly sand and swamp. Eventually, the whole state will sink into the ocean. And hey maybe Ocala will become beach-front property.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
We're dealing with mostly sand and swamp. Eventually, the whole state will sink into the ocean. And hey maybe Ocala will become beach-front property.
AT 75 TO 85 feet above sea level it take few centuries.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack View Post
I would doubt gate closure as that would effect emergency access by fire and emt departments.
Can’t do gate closure The Villages roads are all public roads
Old 09-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
Can’t do gate closure The Villages roads are all public roads
They're not ALL public roads (most are, a small number are not).
But these new apartments going up west of Morse are not in the Villages. They're a mile away from the Villages, being built by someone else.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
They're not ALL public roads (most are, a small number are not).
But these new apartments going up west of Morse are not in the Villages. They're a mile away from the Villages, being built by someone else.
Ooop! Of course, you meant "new apartments going up east of Morse."
Old 09-18-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
Surely you jest. Your tiny village must be located either in the northern most part of Yorkshire or likewise Wales.
Surely I do!
Old 09-18-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Looks like somebody has seen the light. It's about the increase in traffic and NOT who is living in this new development.
My sentiments " Exactly " the nay Sayers and were highly critical missed my point.

It is all about the traffic not the apartments, the county commissioners did not address those concerns at all. The roads need to be able to handle it as in widened to atleast 3 lanes, especially Rolling Acres Road, which isn't even understudy.

So those who posted negative comments all I have to say is simple. " Watch and See " !
Old 09-28-2020, 09:20 PM

Floor Plans of Lake Sumter Apartment Homes in Lady Lake, FL
Old 09-28-2020, 09:44 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
how much traffic can upset your lifestyle? do you use a golf cart? during which hours do you travel most? is it worth leaving the villages, & how does someone guarantee the amount of traffic on any road @ any given time?
i have so many more important things to worry about, traffic is last on the list.
When we first moved here 466 was one lane and already traffic would back up a mile as drivers turned left on Rolling acres. Affordable housing is a scam as once the person moves in management are somehow able within the law to quickly jack up the rent until they have to move then they jack it up again to the new tenant. Reminds me of NYC rent control.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Grumpy old people. Everyone needs affordable shelter. Trust me when I say that you are no better than anyone else.
So true, I cannot believe the amount of residents that look down their noses at others who do not have the means to have a decent place to live.
I had the first hand knowledge of what goes into trying to find affordable housing for one’s family. The girls that worked for me made really good money compared to some living in the South, but once u add all the expenditures (childcare, food, electricity,car and insurance and rent) many times the only places they could find were miles away from the store, adding stress to daily life. Add to that they were trailers, which in my thinking are not the safest abode when u live in Florida.
People need to stop looking down their noses, not everyone has mommies and daddies that live in the Villages that they can move in with. The girls that worked for me were hard working decent people that had not amassed years of savings to live on. I’m sure they would love a nice apartment around the corner from work.
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, blvd, morse, east, mile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.