In our village in UK, we had another car come through the other day
That's two this week.
Traffic is becoming a nightmare!
Old 09-16-2020, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Just outside The Villages is a new apartment complex being built. It is about one mile east of Morse Blvd on 466. What are your thoughts on this?

Income Restricted Apts Just Outside THE VILLAGES - YouTube
About a year ago, I helped someone who was looking for an affordable, decent apartment. They are sorely needed in this area.

OK. Now will you give us your thoughts?
Old 09-16-2020, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

We live north of 466 off Chula Vista. I was shocked when I saw how many huge apt buildings are going up there. People are talking about trying to shut down the La Zamora gate for fear all those people will use the red button to cut through TV on Chula Vista (which they probably will). If that gate is closed we would have to go miles out of our way to get to shopping/restaurants on 466 between Buena Vista and 301 so I am not a happy camper. I get that the land owner can do whatever he wants (assuming he can get zoning approval) but it will definitely change things around here and NOT for the better for those of us who live here.

kathy
Old 09-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
In our village in UK, we had another car come through the other day
That's two this week.
Traffic is becoming a nightmare!
This keeps up you will need either a stop light or a traffic light.

Or a rotary but those two cars might keep hitting each other
Old 09-16-2020, 01:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Haven’t they already started building? Debating over land that is sold, and structures are in progress seems pointless. Plus our roads are public, one can’t stop cars from using them.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
We live north of 466 off Chula Vista. I was shocked when I saw how many huge apt buildings are going up there. People are talking about trying to shut down the La Zamora gate for fear all those people will use the red button to cut through TV on Chula Vista (which they probably will). If that gate is closed we would have to go miles out of our way to get to shopping/restaurants on 466 between Buena Vista and 301 so I am not a happy camper. I get that the land owner can do whatever he wants (assuming he can get zoning approval) but it will definitely change things around here and NOT for the better for those of us who live here.

kathy
What people are talking about shutting down La Zamora gate? Let me answer that for you, rumor mongers that have no credible information about it other than their imagination.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
This keeps up you will need either a stop light or a traffic light.

Or a rotary but those two cars might keep hitting each other
We are lobbying for a bypass!
Old 09-16-2020, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

I think the county government needs to create a "dead zone" for 1,000 meter around The Villages. Raze the current dwellings and businesses and plant grass. Like a DMZ, nobody allowed to enter or live there so the sensibilities of the entitled elite living in the TV bubble aren't offended. Can't have "undesirables" living too close to our sanctuary. It's OK that they cut our grass, clean our homes, serve our food at the restaurants and haul our garbage, just don't live too close to us.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:38 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I believe you have a Lady Lake Commissioner living among you in the Village of LaReynalda - Ruth Kussard. Am sure she can answer any concerns you have,

Old 09-16-2020, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I think the county government needs to create a "dead zone" for 1,000 meter around The Villages. Raze the current dwellings and businesses and plant grass. Like a DMZ, nobody allowed to enter or live there so the sensibilities of the entitled elite living in the TV bubble aren't offended. Can't have "undesirables" living too close to our sanctuary. It's OK that they cut our grass, clean our homes, serve our food at the restaurants and haul our garbage, just don't live too close to us.
Unfortunately you are correct. The things people say are absolutely awful. They think they are living in an elite gated community and they are not!
Old 09-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
What people are talking about shutting down La Zamora gate? Let me answer that for you, rumor mongers that have no credible information about it other than their imagination.
I believe you will find that it is these people:
https://www.**************.com/2020/...sta-headaches/

I believe Mr Richards lives on the historic side and Mrs Kussard lives in LaReynalda...real folks not rumors.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I believe you will find that it is these people:
https://www.**************.com/2020/...sta-headaches/

I believe Mr Richards lives on the historic side and Mrs Kussard lives in LaReynalda...real folks not rumors.
Linkie no workie and I have a brain so I don't do Facebook. Post something I can read. Just because the mayor, what mayor, suggested sealing the gate means nothing. What was the context of the conversation? Was the unfounded fear of high traffic put to him and he suggested, rather stupidly, that maybe the gate could be closed.
These two individual you cited, what are their qualifications to comment on the situation? Just because they are residents means nothing.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post

kathy
People may be talking about it because they would like to see that, but I doubt that the county would allow that entrance to be blocked off.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Well said.
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, blvd, morse, east, mile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.