8 days and counting

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Gold member
Default 8 days and counting

I can not believe that departure day is finally close at hand. We have been packing and planning our move since the beginning of March. I look at the mountain of boxes and KNOW that there is no way in heck everything is going to fit in the new house. We have LOTS of boxes, but not taking all that much furniture. I know we will be having to get rid of lots of things when we get there, but there comes a point when the process of weeding things out just gets to be too much. My mistake was not being critical enough when we first started packing..I would be taking far less if I was starting over now.
After all the stress and worry and trepidation and tears is finally paying off. Sometime in the last week or two my excitement about returning to the beauty of TV has tipped the scale away from my feelings about our home here in the mountains. I will be just fine....if I survive the move.
We swore we would never move again when we moved here and are swearing once again, never again. I have heard that so many people move 3 times. I would not make it through another move.
I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again that we met in Feb. and also to meeting some new friends we met right here on TOTV. This chapter in life is going to be a very good one!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Have a safe trip down to Lower Paradise....we'll leave the light on for you.

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Gold member

She is correct. I will be long gone before we get all the boxes unpacked. Next move, just pick up and go. Leave everything in place and start over. Would have been much easier. Looking forward to kicking back and have the good live. Tired of maintaining 5 acres and a huge house.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.