New rules chip away at homeowners' rights

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

The title of the post is "New Rules Chip Away at Homeowners Rights". In my opinion, just the opposite is true. Before I moved to The Villages, I received my docs which told me very clearly what the rules were. When I purchased my CYY I was agreeing to follow the rules. If someone else chooses to ignore the rules, I am in favor of them losing their amenities until they do choose to follow the rules that they agreed to when they purchased. It is a powerful tool to get people to live up to their obligations.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Thanks for the good news Shadow. Not sure you thought it was good (your title of "chips away at homeowners rights" kind of says how you feel) but thanks.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Shadow. I don't see where this has much to do with The Villages.
Neighbors are more than the guy next door. Spruce Creek and Stone Crest are neighbors that have an affect on the property value of the area both have HOA.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

Now that's a stretch............... However I do agree with rules/covenants such as in tv to maintain properties.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Neighbors are more than the guy next door. Spruce Creek and Stone Crest are neighbors that have an affect on the property value of the area both have HOA.
The Villages would survive with little change in property values if Spruce Creek & Stone Crest would disappear.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The Villages would survive with little change in property values if Spruce Creek & Stone Crest would disappear.
Our values might actually increase with less competition
Old 06-26-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Our values might actually increase with less competition
Russ,
I understand what you are getting at but I do not think TV has any true competition as far as what it has to offer. Competition in price, yes but you get what you pay for. In TV pre owned homes, the last I heard were sell at about 100/mo. Not the case with the neighbors.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile

TV is a beautiful place to live, our obligations as owners, keep TV looking like paradise!! I have no complaints!!
I stay here part time, and my property remains maintained all year long...Imagine if these rules weren't in place, and people left for any length of time...OMG, it would look like a war zone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
Not only did i check all the homes on my cul-de-sac,i walked our entire Village, and did not find one home, that did not show the signs of pride of ownership.

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran member
Default nom de plume

Who could the nom de plume "Shadow" be cover for. Hmmmmm......stealth Villages bashing under the banner of contrived shocking revelation? Gratuitous negative attacks on Morse and his family by sinister, anonymous innuendo cloaked in all the subtlety of a sledgehammer? A clear bias to perpetuate negative criticism?

Hmmmmm could it be.......... a columnist for the Orlando Sentinel?

Idle hands of the devil's workshop?

A self ordained champion of truth, Justice and the American way.....and the conscious of The Villages?

A clandestine Lake Weir operative?

A disgruntled Spruce Creek or Stone Crester?

Yes, yes.........it's getting clearer.........I believe I have it.

Go GG..........I believe you have it. I think I got it from you ......and your insightful posts, that is.

Go Shadow.......how dull would life be without pessimistic, contrarian views to fire up the glass half fullers.....like me.

Like most Villagers, I spent my working years fighting the battles that were necessary. I raised my family and served my country. I am content to read a "good news" newspaper and dismiss any input that does not please me. I accept that the developer is not perfect, but he has done significantly more good than evil. Just look around you. All indications suggest that he will keep that balance in the future, the naysayers and pessimists notwithstanding..

At this stage of life, I have earned the right, and am content, to dismiss circumstances that irritate me. Compared to traumatic life's experiences we have all suffered and endured....they are ships that pass in the night and are not really important. Health is important. Happiness is important. Love is important. I consider myself fortunate to be able to bounce out of bed in the morining....and take on whatever wonderful adventure The Villages lifestyle has in store. I actually have compassion for those who take vicarious comfort by bringing unsolicited clouds and rain into the lives of others. I do respect their right to do so as long as subscription is voluntary.

Have a good day in The Villages.

Last edited by cabo35; 06-29-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Default Dog doo doo

Would this be an instrument of rule enforcement that could be utilized to good advantage in TV?
Quote:
A New Hampshire apartment complex is mandating that residents submit pet DNA samples.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-27/u...lysis?_s=PM:US
Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Would this be an instrument of rule enforcement that could be utilized to good advantage in TV?

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-27/u...lysis?_s=PM:US
This is an apartment complex - you can't force people from homes they own. And in New Hampshire, arguable the most libertarian on the NE states - with a motto "Live Free or Die", I am thinking this won't "live" for long.

Shadow we could worry about every little thing that could affect the value of our property. Or we could just go with the flow and enjoy life. I opt for the latter.

k
Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Gold member

The New Hampshire apartment complex story = Tempest in a teapot and soon forgotten....IMHO of course.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Gold member

As a realtor for the past 20 years, I have had many clients that absolutely refuse to live in a condo or neighborhood that has an association because they can't stand the thought of living by 'rules'. In my opinion, that is their right, if you don't want to abide by the bylaws, DON'T buy there!! If you purchase a home in an area that has any type of association rules, you, by purchasing, have agreed to live with them. It really annoys me when someone knowingly buys into an area with restrictions then complains about them!! I'm looking forward to living in an area that has people who care about their neighborhood.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
As a realtor for the past 20 years, I have had many clients that absolutely refuse to live in a condo or neighborhood that has an association because they can't stand the thought of living by 'rules'. In my opinion, that is their right, if you don't want to abide by the bylaws, DON'T buy there!! If you purchase a home in an area that has any type of association rules, you, by purchasing, have agreed to live with them. It really annoys me when someone knowingly buys into an area with restrictions then complains about them!! I'm looking forward to living in an area that has people who care about their neighborhood.
Well said.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.