New scholarship for grandchildren of Villages homeowners

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default New scholarship for grandchildren of Villages homeowners

Petrina, our delightful local performer, has been raising funds for a new scholarship. Last year, we gave out two of them to Villages Charter High School students.

This year, we have formed a new non profit called iSparkle. We will be awarding scholarship(s) at the end of summer to those graduating high school students who qualify and who are chosen.

The students can live anywhere in the United States and must be graduating. Their grandparents have to be Villages homeowners. So it is up to you, the grandparents, to look at the website and then forward it on to your grandchild if you think they fit the criteria, which is not academic. It is very specific. It is for those students who have made a difference in the life of other youth who may be alienated from the mainstream. The student applying for the scholarship has to show what they have done to make a difference-it can be an anti bullying awareness; it can be creating opportunities for those students on the side line who may not have friends, or be accepted by their peers, or for whatever reason, are struggling on their own.

The scholarship applicant must show that they have been committed to supporting other students, be it in the school setting or outside of school, through providing strategies, opportunities and outreach to make a difference and also to educate their mainstream peers. Creating inclusive peer practices sums up what we are saying!

Please go to this website for full instructions as to how to have your grandchild who fit this criteria apply. It is not a paper application, it is a video application. It requires brevity and creativeness.

Here is the website:

iSparkle

This is the only scholarship in The Villages that is SPECIFICALLY for the grandchildren of Villages Homeowners, and yes, you must own a home in The Villages and we will ask for proof of that prior to awards being made.

Enjoy reading about iSparkle!

Thank you.
Jane Bloom
Vice President
iSparkle
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Gold member

Still accepting applications!
Old 05-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Petrina, our delightful local performer, has been raising funds for a new scholarship. Last year, we gave out two of them to Villages Charter High School students.

This year, we have formed a new non profit called iSparkle. We will be awarding scholarship(s) at the end of summer to those graduating high school students who qualify and who are chosen.

The students can live anywhere in the United States and must be graduating. Their grandparents have to be Villages homeowners. So it is up to you, the grandparents, to look at the website and then forward it on to your grandchild if you think they fit the criteria, which is not academic. It is very specific. It is for those students who have made a difference in the life of other youth who may be alienated from the mainstream. The student applying for the scholarship has to show what they have done to make a difference-it can be an anti bullying awareness; it can be creating opportunities for those students on the side line who may not have friends, or be accepted by their peers, or for whatever reason, are struggling on their own.

The scholarship applicant must show that they have been committed to supporting other students, be it in the school setting or outside of school, through providing strategies, opportunities and outreach to make a difference and also to educate their mainstream peers. Creating inclusive peer practices sums up what we are saying!

Please go to this website for full instructions as to how to have your grandchild who fit this criteria apply. It is not a paper application, it is a video application. It requires brevity and creativeness.

Here is the website:

iSparkle

This is the only scholarship in The Villages that is SPECIFICALLY for the grandchildren of Villages Homeowners, and yes, you must own a home in The Villages and we will ask for proof of that prior to awards being made.

Enjoy reading about iSparkle!

Thank you.
Jane Bloom
Vice President
iSparkle
My son would love to apply only I am not a grandparent and yes, I own two homes in The Villages...sounds like a wonderful opportunity for some deserving young people!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
My son would love to apply only I am not a grandparent and yes, I own two homes in The Villages...sounds like a wonderful opportunity for some deserving young people!

Absolutely. If he is in the United States and he is a graduating senior in high school, then by all means, have him apply. Most "Villagers" do not have graduating high school seniors as children but more as grandchildren. However, if you are a Homeowner in the Villages and can show this is your residence, please have him take a look at the website to see if he emulates SPARKLE.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Absolutely. If he is in the United States and he is a graduating senior in high school, then by all means, have him apply. Most "Villagers" do not have graduating high school seniors as children but more as grandchildren. However, if you are a Homeowner in the Villages and can show this is your residence, please have him take a look at the website to see if he emulates SPARKLE.
Super info and thanks much.

Closed Thread

Tags
students, scholarship, villages, school, website, isparkle, homeowners, difference, graduating, application, peers, show, creating, year, grandchildren, fit, opportunities, grandchild, make, criteria, mainstream, grandparents, high, made, peer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.