New Southern Oaks south of the Turnpike Flyover

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts
Lightbulb New Southern Oaks south of the Turnpike Flyover

This is a flyover of the work ongoing in the Village of Southern Oaks portion of The Villages that I did on January 19th. My last flyover of the area was on New Year’s Eve and there have been some considerable changes since then. In Phase 2 they've started moving earth finally. In Phase 1 the heavy equipment is back at work, the lakes are being filled, and they’ve started the first homes in the Village of DeSoto. You’ll see about a dozen homes under construction, about half have roofs now, none of this was here during the flyover I did 3 weeks ago. In Phase 3 the heavy equipment has moved from along 468 to about ¾ miles north, in one area you can see the distinctive layout of Courtyard Villas.

The link to the previous flyover is also below, you can see the differences that 3 weeks makes.

I'm working with some new editing software and should be able to have side-by-side comparisons on the next posting.

Enjoy

Southern Oaks Flyover 1-19-18

Southern Oaks Flyover 12-31-17

Sorry for the problems earlier, my music library got scrambled and the royalty free music got mixed with the copyrighted music and YouTube flagged it and shut down the video feed. I've removed the original music and added in some YouTube stock music until I can finish re-editing with the royalty free music.

Last edited by Goldwingnut; 01-21-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Update
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 AM

Fantastic video...thanks again for producing these! I also enjoy the subtitles so we know what we are looking at.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

GWN,

These videos you produced are super-cool. So informative - you provide a great service to TVrs for the bird's-eye views. So interesting how the land is transformed, so many construction workers employed, and The Villages is continuing to grow. If you squint, one can almost see the new entrance from DisneyWorld North connection called TheVillagesSeniorLand. kidding. for now...

I'm amazed at the planning and forethought all this must take. Does anyone know how the newly-formed ponds are filled> and maintained at levels during drought/rains?

Again GWN - thanks for your work here and allowing us to visually ride on your drone. nice landing too...
Old 01-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
This is a flyover of the work ongoing in the Village of Southern Oaks portion of The Villages that I did on January 19th. My last flyover of the area was on New Year’s Eve and there have been some considerable changes since then. In Phase 2 they've started moving earth finally. In Phase 1 the heavy equipment is back at work, the lakes are being filled, and they’ve started the first homes in the Village of DeSoto. You’ll see about a dozen homes under construction, about half have roofs now, none of this was here during the flyover I did 3 weeks ago. In Phase 3 the heavy equipment has moved from along 468 to about ¾ miles north, in one area you can see the distinctive layout of Courtyard Villas.

The link to the previous flyover is also below, you can see the differences that 3 weeks makes.

I'm working with some new editing software and should be able to have side-by-side comparisons on the next posting.

Enjoy

Southern Oaks Flyover 1-19-18

Southern Oaks Flyover 12-31-17

Background music has been removed by YouTube and
I am getting this notification for your 1/19 link

This video contains content from [Merlin] KVZ Digital, who has blocked it on copyright grounds

Old 01-21-2018, 09:39 AM

Great job, great talent. Flight route map at end is really cool! Thanks.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
This video contains content from [Merlin] KVZ Digital, who has blocked it on copyright grounds

KVZ Digital is a digital music distributor. They, apparently, think that the video contains music they own the copyright to and the video hasn't purchased the rights to use it.

KVZ Music - Free Digital Distribution of Music and Ringtones

The THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT OF 1998 https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf lets anyone who owns a copyright to some digital media to request YouTube, or any other host, to remove anything they have the rights to. It's called a takedown notice.

If Youtube doesn't follow through they can be sued by the owner of the copyright and may lose the protections the Digital Millennium Act gives them.

There are many services that you can hire to scan the web for things you own the copyright to and automatically issue takedown notices for you. Google, who owns Youtube, gets about 75 million takedown notices a year.

Google received over 75 million copyright takedown requests in February - The Verge
Old 01-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

I'm getting the same blocked notice.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Platinum member

Working on fixing the issue, should have it resolved in about 30 min
Old 01-21-2018, 10:39 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofitz13 View Post
I'm getting the same blocked notice.
Blocked here... Put up without music?
Old 01-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Yep, blocked on my computer also.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

its working for me now...
Old 01-21-2018, 11:19 AM

Terrific job with the video! As usual! We were down there in October, and visited Fenney, saw beginnings of activity in the other areas. It is incredible how quickly they get things done in TV. Will be moving there early next year, and I can't wait to see the progress.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Working! and WOW... so cool... GWN, tell the wife, "See, this isn't a toy! And I'm not wasting my time... I perform a valuable service to humankind..." If she smiles, add "Maybe I should get that new model, with the optional missile-strike-command... just in case I need to protect my investment..."
Old 01-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Sage

THANK YOU, sir!
Old 01-21-2018, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

The video is working now. I ran into an issue with copyrights on the music I used. My library is now screwed up and has mixed my copyrighted music with the royalty free music I have and YouTube caught the error and blocked the video. The video is back up and running with YouTube stock music.

More videos to come soon.

Hope everyone enjoys the flyovers.
Closed Thread

Tags
flyover, southern, oaks, phase, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.