Home buyer alert

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Default Home buyer alert

Just recently my wife and I purchased a new home in TV. We have been visitors for several years and both have established Village ID#s. Even though we always rented the Id's always stay the same.

With that let me tell you all a short story of the stupid silly policy TV have.

After all these years coming down, renting for months on end and going around with the same sales person who knew us both forgot to mention a very important part of selling and becoming a village ID resident.

Should you decide to only put one of your names on the deed as I did TV will only issue an ID and only consider that person as a village resident. Your husband or wife may travel down or up to TV and find themselves out of luck until they show proof of marriage.

Now since my darling wife loves to keep her maiden name and her old license with another address than mine made this extremely difficult to prove.

Finally we proved our marriage and got the issue resolved. However what ticked me off was how the whole thing got handled by TV.

We settled on the house a couple weeks ago from out of state. The closing dept was aware that we were coming down next month and set up the walk through with the builder and emailed me that after the walk had to come in and get our pictures and Id's.

Never ever did anyone from sales or closing tell us about this policy. Nor would they have done so until our arrival leaving us totally embarrassed. Only after I setup the cable service from the info found here. The post about the high-speed offer from Comcast & Thevillages.net. I tried to do a tee-time template for future use and I discovered that my wife's ID became inactive.

The people in sales we worked with claim they never heard of this, so who knows. Upon arrival I will try to change how TV sales and closing Dept's handle informing the buyers of this policy.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts
Default Re: Home buyer alert

I had read this on the boards here before, sorry you had such a problem
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.