New town square

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Default New town square

Hi, first post. I currently live in OTOW and am considering moving to TV. I've heard "talk" of a 4th square to be located south of Brownwood. What have you heard?
Old 10-18-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Look on The Villages website.

Sawgrass Grove..............there is an introduction.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Very different from what they have done before
Old 10-18-2020, 06:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriy View Post
Hi, first post. I currently live in OTOW and am considering moving to TV. I've heard "talk" of a 4th square to be located south of Brownwood. What have you heard?

probably when they get a championship golf course and a golf cart bridge to get there.... really sad the way the mind set of how new areas are being planned
Old 10-18-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
probably when they get a championship golf course and a golf cart bridge to get there.... really sad the way the mind set of how new areas are being planned
I assume it doesn't impact you and I know a few that live south of 44 that love the way it's planned, they look at north of 44 as the old section where the residents are stuck in the "way it used to be". They have high hopes that their area will provide a vision of forward progress for the next 20+ years. As a resident that lives south of 44 posted on one of these threads, if you're not living there, or are not planning on living there, why do you care and she concluded with leave us alone, we love it here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-18-2020, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Can't see a 4th Town Square in the near future. And seems like north of 4 and south of 44 are becoming a tale of two cities. Too bad.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Can't see a 4th Town Square in the near future. And seems like north of 4 and south of 44 are becoming a tale of two cities. Too bad.
For the last 3-1/2 years the southern villages have been bashed over and over for no reason. There are very few down here that are unhappy just as there are very few north that are unhappy. The next two bridges are only a few months away from opening and then the two will be closer to one. Personally we go north in a car and will continue to do so even after connectivity. We have a golf car but not the desire to drive it that far and back. I don't know that TV is in a rush for a new square, there is still plenty of room at the others and there are small venues down here that are quite popular such as Edna's and the Fenney Bar and Grille with Sawgrass in the works.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
We have been receiving a LOT of information about the long term plans for the Southern Area and, in my opinion, the plans look wonderful. Maybe if you visit one of our sales centers they can give you copies of the information we have received.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:42 PM
John41

Quote:
There are two Villages visions. The first is north of 44 which was the vision of the prior generation of the Morse family. Most residents are happy with it.

The second Vision is that of the current generation of the Morse family which many residents are unhappy with. During the last Sumter commissioners election the commissions who supported the vision of the younger Morse’s were overwhelming defeated.

So what you will get south of 44 is still up in the air until the legal dust settles,
Old 10-18-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
There are two Villages visions. The first is north of 44 which was the vision of the prior generation of the Morse family. Most residents are happy with it.

The second Vision is that of the current generation of the Morse family which many residents are unhappy with. During the last Sumter commissioners election the commissions who supported the vision of the younger Morse’s were overwhelming defeated.

So what you will get south of 44 is still up in the air until the legal dust settles,
Could you explain what exactly many residents are unhappy with. You are evidently referring to people that do not live south of 44 as they are still selling 6 new homes per day 365 days a year down here and I don't hear many complaints. The Village of Fenney is the most populous of all villages north or south.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Look on The Villages website.

Sawgrass Grove..............there is an introduction.
Definitely different.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:01 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Could you explain what exactly many residents are unhappy with. You are evidently referring to people that do not live south of 44 as they are still selling 6 new homes per day 365 days a year down here and I don't hear many complaints. The Village of Fenney is the most populous of all villages north or south.
The biggest complaint so far was the 25 percent increase in taxes with more to come. Both north and south residents opposed the increase but the commissioners ignored them and did the developers bidding. Don’t know how you could miss that.

The second big complaint is the developers asking for rezoning, specifically spot zoning. There are too many details to list but you can get them from Sumter govt if you are interested.

Also Fenny and the and the CDDs south of 44 joined with those north of 44 to oust the developers puppets.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
The biggest complaint so far was the 25 percent increase in taxes with more to come. Both north and south residents opposed the increase but the commissioners ignored them and did the developers bidding. Don’t know how you could miss that.

The second big complaint is the developers asking for rezoning, specifically spot zoning. There are too many details to list but you can get them from Sumter govt if you are interested.

Also Fenny and the and the CDDs south of 44 joined with those north of 44 to oust the developers puppets.
That is dissatisfaction with local government by all of Sumter county and has nothing to do with the south of 44 villages and the proposed building and amenities down here.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Ignore the tired old prunes who bash the southern areas, the developer knows the market and home sales are currently at an all time high. Recent announcements include:

The Villages All New Future Lifestyle Opportunities

A 400-acre “Medical Village” that will include a new UF Health trauma center that also will serve as a teaching hospital for medical students;

An “Urban core” shopping center near the medical complex and that will include complementary businesses;

Housing for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals;

A “Lifestyle/Town Center”;

A “Super-Regional” recreation center;

New golf courses (46 Championship holes), a Pitch & Putt and Putting Course;

A lake large enough to host regional or international events such as dragon boat racing, skiing, rowing, remote-controlled boats and sailing;

New bridges connecting portions of the new areas, including one that will accommodate both multi-modal and automobile traffic across the turnpike south of the plaza.

A second K-8 Villages Charter School campus and an expanded high school campus that includes a sports complex, gym, stadium and performing arts center, among other things;

A neighborhood near the new school campus for employees who work in The Villages;

New recreation centers;

A new restaurant and pub; and

An indoor farmer’s market.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:00 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That is dissatisfaction with local government by all of Sumter county and has nothing to do with the south of 44 villages and the proposed building and amenities down here.
If you read the second complaint I listed it is about the plans south of 44, rezoning and spot zoning. One is to increase the allowable density in residential areas. Another is to spot zone and allow multi family housing in areas currently zoned single family residential only.

This could mean that after a residential area south of 44 is developed with single family homes the residents find out there is a spot zone for multi family adjacent and apartments going up in their back yard. Of course then it will be too late.
Closed Thread

Tags
square, heard, brownwood, south, located

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.