New town square

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 10:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
probably when they get a championship golf course and a golf cart bridge to get there.... really sad the way the mind set of how new areas are being planned
Went to Flippers last night near the new Brownwood hotel. Had interesting conversation with couple who live in Finney, They were not the negative type at all, just very disappointed people, have to have auto to get groceries, lots of things. Summary, they just feel the whole concept is so much different than for those of us who live near Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter, and even on down to Brownwood. They actually know people who have sold their brand new homes and moved to one the existing town square areas. Don't know much about it, but seems a very different concept. My village has FOUR neighborhood pools all with in a few block, not even a GC needed, can walk. Also TWO rec center pools and one big Olympic size at a regional center within walking distance. The folks I talked with just kind of sadly said, yes we know, we were told it would be like where we had rented in the past, but it has been two years now and is very different than what we experiences.
We have one restaurant and one swimming pool for everyone, kids, adults, residents, etc. and it is at the restaurant; very different than all the quiet pools near where we had rented homes many time. We have and some food trucks and a restaurant (they thought both were fine, it's just far from what they thought they were moving to) but no cute shops and music around a square. Couple near us hear conversation and joined in, again, not at all a "trash it" conversation, or negative people. Just disappointed in the difference between what they thought they were buying and what they actually have. All said it's pretty much like any other regular place. One community pool, and you commute to everything in a car: beauty shop, vet, groceries, said they even have to get in car and drive to all the classes and craft lessons. Went home thinking I am very fortunate, my day to day life is VERY different from theirs. Probably it's so successful because this is probably what many people are seeking, a lot of seclusion, and used to auto commuting for a dozen eggs, so not a big deal to them I am sure. Hard on those who rented and fell in love with the former villages "life style".
Old 10-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I assume it doesn't impact you and I know a few that live south of 44 that love the way it's planned, they look at north of 44 as the old section where the residents are stuck in the "way it used to be". They have high hopes that their area will provide a vision of forward progress for the next 20+ years. As a resident that lives south of 44 posted on one of these threads, if you're not living there, or are not planning on living there, why do you care and she concluded with leave us alone, we love it here.
Gee, that's kind of sad too (not the areas planned, but that people are beginning to kind of have that one ups-man-ship, leave us alone, kind of thing. Not a negative person at all, but I can see the day coming when that "villages" feeling of closeness and caring for all your neighbors is slowing leeching away... maybe will just be more like neighborhoods we lived in before moving here, who knows ?

Last edited by Pairadocs; 10-18-2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2020, 10:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,301 Times in 537 Posts

I can’t wait to see all the plans for south TV come to fruition. It’s all going to be ok trust me. I’ve talked to some of the old timers who first moved to the Spanish Springs area of TV and they thought The Villages was ending a CR 466. Then it was ending at 466A and then it was finally really ending (the final phase) was at Brownwood and State Route 44. Well, you see my point. Just sit back and enjoy the expansion of The Villages. Everything is going to be bigger and better as time and The Villages marches on. Have just a little bit of faith...
Old 10-19-2020, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

No fourth town square.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Or not
Old 10-19-2020, 05:26 AM

The southern end is new houses and a new concept. Previously, north of 44, all of the amenities were put in place and then homes were built and sold. South of 44 they are building homes, some amenities, and then more amenities. For example, south of 44 has only one dedicated restaurant at this point...for several years now. Yes, it will change, but when? The bridges for connectivity were promised over two years ago and they still aren't complete. No championship golf south of 44 but one course is being built. So just a different mindset. Be very careful what the sales office tells you...they have no ethics and they say what they can to sell you a house. Lots of people who buy south of 44 are happy. But they nearly all come north in their cars for entertainment and shopping.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:49 AM

There will not be one there.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Could you explain what exactly many residents are unhappy with. You are evidently referring to people that do not live south of 44 as they are still selling 6 new homes per day 365 days a year down here and I don't hear many complaints. The Village of Fenney is the most populous of all villages north or south.
Homeowners south of 44 were promised a shopping plaza (Magnolia) with a pharmacy, grocery store, restaurants, and other essential services AND connectivity with The Villages north of 44. This was promised years ago and it hasn’t happened yet. We have a golf cart, but can only use it south of the turnpike.

Not having a grocery store means the stores close to us are out of stock more frequently .. and serviced us poorly when the pandemic started. Same with the pharmacy. No gasoline stations either. Hopefully this will change when Magnolia Plaza is constructed.

It is peaceful here now, with several nature trails and nice recreation centers and golf. We drive to the busy areas to the north. We do have the Fenney Grill and Edna’s, two nice gathering places. We have to gather loosely right now though.

As TV expands, we will become near the center geographically.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terriy View Post
Hi, first post. I currently live in OTOW and am considering moving to TV. I've heard "talk" of a 4th square to be located south of Brownwood. What have you heard?
One of the biggest things that will change from living in OTOW and moving any place in TV you will no longer have the security and truly private roads, security here is an allusion.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Ignore the tired old prunes who bash the southern areas, the developer knows the market and home sales are currently at an all time high. Recent announcements include:

The Villages All New Future Lifestyle Opportunities

A 400-acre “Medical Village” that will include a new UF Health trauma center that also will serve as a teaching hospital for medical students;

An “Urban core” shopping center near the medical complex and that will include complementary businesses;

Housing for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals;

A “Lifestyle/Town Center”;

A “Super-Regional” recreation center;

New golf courses (46 Championship holes), a Pitch & Putt and Putting Course;

A lake large enough to host regional or international events such as dragon boat racing, skiing, rowing, remote-controlled boats and sailing;

New bridges connecting portions of the new areas, including one that will accommodate both multi-modal and automobile traffic across the turnpike south of the plaza.

A second K-8 Villages Charter School campus and an expanded high school campus that includes a sports complex, gym, stadium and performing arts center, among other things;

A neighborhood near the new school campus for employees who work in The Villages;

New recreation centers;

A new restaurant and pub; and

An indoor farmer’s market.
Wow, that sounds good!!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:01 AM

Why would you leave 0TOTW for the villages?
Old 10-19-2020, 07:18 AM

As a soon to be owner of a home in the Village of Bradford, I am looking forward to many new things currently available and soon to be available in the southern oaks region which the village of Bradford is part of:

1. Sawgrass Grove (new square concept)
2. Dedicated biking, walking paths outside our door
3. Chitty chatty bridge to bike to Rohan Rec center
4. Magnolia Plaza shopping (looks like it will be ready for Christmas)
5. Everglades outdoor fitness and other activities
6. Cattail outdoor music and food truck area
7. Hog eye preserve walking trails
8. Ezell recreational center
9. Aviary family pool
10. Fenney nature trails
11. Rupert dog park in Marsh Bend
12. Archery range in Marsh Bend
And more...

We are currently staying near Spanish Springs for the month of October. We see what is available north and we like it here but we do not play golf and do not go out to eat very often. Once our house is furnished, we are not shoppers.

There are plenty of homes for sale in all areas of the villages so buy or rent in the area that suits you.

Last edited by Michread; 11-24-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:23 AM

No square is being planned at all.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:26 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Yes, things change. There are big differences below 44 but if you want a new house, that is where you have to go. Expect more density. As we have seen with HH being razed and multi-housing going in there, it has nothing to do with being in the new area, it has to do with changes in what people want.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Went to Flippers last night near the new Brownwood hotel. Had interesting conversation with couple who live in Finney, They were not the negative type at all, just very disappointed people, have to have auto to get groceries, lots of things. Summary, they just feel the whole concept is so much different than for those of us who live near Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter, and even on down to Brownwood. They actually know people who have sold their brand new homes and moved to one the existing town square areas. Don't know much about it, but seems a very different concept. My village has FOUR neighborhood pools all with in a few block, not even a GC needed, can walk. Also TWO rec center pools and one big Olympic size at a regional center within walking distance. The folks I talked with just kind of sadly said, yes we know, we were told it would be like where we had rented in the past, but it has been two years now and is very different than what we experiences.
We have one restaurant and one swimming pool for everyone, kids, adults, residents, etc. and it is at the restaurant; very different than all the quiet pools near where we had rented homes many time. We have and some food trucks and a restaurant (they thought both were fine, it's just far from what they thought they were moving to) but no cute shops and music around a square. Couple near us hear conversation and joined in, again, not at all a "trash it" conversation, or negative people. Just disappointed in the difference between what they thought they were buying and what they actually have. All said it's pretty much like any other regular place. One community pool, and you commute to everything in a car: beauty shop, vet, groceries, said they even have to get in car and drive to all the classes and craft lessons. Went home thinking I am very fortunate, my day to day life is VERY different from theirs. Probably it's so successful because this is probably what many people are seeking, a lot of seclusion, and used to auto commuting for a dozen eggs, so not a big deal to them I am sure. Hard on those who rented and fell in love with the former villages "life style".
Strange that they have to take a car to all the classes and craft lessons as they are all accessible by golf car, maybe they don't have a golf car. As far as people selling and moving north I can assure you that there are many, many more selling up north and moving south, we have many friends and neighbors that did just that. As far as grocery shopping Publix is schedule to open first quarter 2021 and will be accessible by golf car, Chitty Chatty and Bradford are already golf car accessible to the Lake Deaton Plaza. We too have a regional rec. center with large pool as well as sports pools, neighborhood pools and rec. center, and something you don't have, neighborhood family pools. We have pitch and putt, we have putt and play, which you also don't have, we have two of the 6 villages dog parks, as well as softball fields. we have entertainment at Edna's and The Fenney Bar and Grille and just 10 minutes or less to Paddock Square. When the next two bridges open early next year the south will have full connectivity and replies like yours will finally end. The village of Fenney is the most populous of all the villages and re-sales go very quickly here, those who bought early are realizing 6 figure profits when they choose to sell and move to a larger home down south. There is so much more down here that is not available north of 44 along with being peaceful and quiet, it's no wonder they sell 6 new homes a day 365 days per year south of 44. In closing I will mention that several families that moved from your area to the south did so because of the un-friendly atmosphere where they lived and still cannot believe how friendly and close knit everyone is down here with few exceptions. This is a great area, there are announcements of new projects it seems every week, projects that will add to the enjoyment of living south of 44, there will be few if any changes north of 44, it is a "status-quo" area that you will either love or regret living there and you can only buy used homes north of 44, trying buying a "10" series home up there, they are simply not available anywhere but south of 44.
Closed Thread

Tags
square, heard, brownwood, south, located

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.