New video contains 7 minute segment about The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2020, 03:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
81 years old. Been deeply involved in politics and political differences.

Never ever Seen anything like what has been created.

Shame is nobody will allow discussion of the reason

Seems the reason is founded in hate, not political differences....not issue discussions at all. Hate is difficult to discuss.
It was created by the media and they are feeding the fire every day.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Most posters on TOTV react and post to a wide genre of subjects. Most posters easily see the humor in other's posts and can laugh at themselves. Most posters on TOTV are interested in many things. Most of our lives do not begin and end with politics and politicians. After we begin to access and clearly "see" the foibles and faults of people in the public eye we than should say...That is how he acts. I won't vote for him and just not let it "get" to us. It harms us to obsess about people who may very well not be of influence in a couple of weeks. There was a large group who gathered on Friday, but a larger group that did not gather on Friday here in The Villages. Like Billethekid often reminds us. It isn't wise to focus on the few. It is the silent majority who usually runs the railroad.
With all due respect, the item or person in question is not simply an ambassador on the golf course and actions from that corner affect every single person, and not just in this country.

Sorry, but that is a fact of life. And I am interested in my "railroad".....I do not consider my "railroad" an idle hobby. I spoke up about every POTUS for the last 60 years and advice from anyone will not deter me. EVERY citizen should learn and do the same.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
It was created by the media and they are feeding the fire every day.
MEDIA REPORTS.

REPORTS is telling someone what happened.

IT is being fed by daily, almost hourly comments that travel the globe representing all of us.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:27 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I just watched rustyp’s linked video from beginning to end. It is a well done Australian production. (The world is watching and some are dancing with glee while others are feeling sorry for us.)

It made me think about Jon Meacham’s book The Soul of America.

The video covers all the bases. It is well worth watching.

Boomer
Old 10-26-2020, 04:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I just watched rustyp’s linked video from beginning to end. It is a well done Australian production. (The world is watching and some are dancing with glee while others are feeling sorry for us.)

It made me think about Jon Meacham’s book The Soul of America.

The video covers all the bases. It is well worth watching.

Boomer
But you see those who have not even watched are commenting and criticizing.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Does this ring a bell? NO POLITICAL REFERENCES ARE ALLOWED ON THE WEBSITE. USERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIRECT COMMENTS TOWARD ANOTHER USER. DIRECT THEM TO THE TOPIC. VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CAN LEAD TO ACCOUNT TERMINATION AND BAN.

I would give anything to take a couple of shots here but it's against the rules.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

The problem is that everyone thinks their rights are more important than everyone else’s. EVERYONE has a right to vote for whoever they choose whether you like it or not.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

"Petty? I don’t think so. There is too much that has been revealed about who they really are."

"Seems the reason is founded in hate, not political differences."

Those two statements perfectly sum up where we are right now. Prior to 4 years ago, no one could have convinced me that there were so many people who harbored so much hate for others based on their skin color, gender, place of birth, sexual orientation or anything else that makes them different than themselves. To find out that I have so many friends and relatives, that have apparently had this bottled up for so long and now feel free, nae encouraged, to publicly express it, is like a high-voltage electrical shock to the whole body.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:28 PM

One of the great things about our country is you're given the chance to vote for whoever you want. I have always chosen to not let who my friends vote for interfere with our friendship. In fact, I applaud their choice, whatever that may be - and honestly, could care less who they actually vote for. I also make no effort to influence anyone's opinion. I've never lost a friend over politics and hopefully never will.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Are we hypocrites?
We don't seem to care what any of the "persuasions" are of the folks who sit around us or greet us in church.

In the emergency room we could care less about race, religion and especially politics of those who labor to save us.

Ditto when being rescued by police and or fire.

Ditto when we go to almost any function in the daily lifestyle here in TV (or any where else).

The hate hoopla in the magnifying glass on the few who with the help of the media and social media that make it sound like it is the prevalent mode.

As the old saying goes "...most people are good and well intended...".
Old 10-26-2020, 05:49 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
"Petty? I don’t think so. There is too much that has been revealed about who they really are."

"Seems the reason is founded in hate, not political differences."

Those two statements perfectly sum up where we are right now. Prior to 4 years ago, no one could have convinced me that there were so many people who harbored so much hate for others based on their skin color, gender, place of birth, sexual orientation or anything else that makes them different than themselves. To find out that I have so many friends and relatives, that have apparently had this bottled up for so long and now feel free, nae encouraged, to publicly express it, is like a high-voltage electrical shock to the whole body.
The only hateful people I know of in The Villages are those cursing, impeding and otherwise harassing those peacefully parading for their candidate; outside TV hateful people are assaulting, battering, murdering, rioting, vandalizing, looting, robbing and setting fires. My relatives and friends are just trying to live their lives as peacefully, kindly and enjoyably as they can thank you very much.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-26-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
81 years old. Been deeply involved in politics and political differences.

Never ever Seen anything like what has been created.

Shame is nobody will allow discussion of the reason

Seems the reason is founded in hate, not political differences....not issue discussions at all. Hate is difficult to discuss.
So true. Lots of Hatred- why do we need to burn down cities to prove some point that nobody really even understands? I am sick of being called names, having my country denigrated, and my cities burned by people who are full of hatred.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-26-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,706 Posts

According to Miss Manners suggestion; sex, religion and politics are off limits for dinner topic conversation. No preaching either. I would think it applies to other pleasant settings also.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

How we look to the rest of the country has more to do with what is falsely reported in biased stories like this. I don't know of anyone who has lost their golf game or been kicked out of a club because of there support for either candidate. Of course that show that video of the golf cart parade with that one obnoxious woman yelling F**K Trump and the guy yelling white power in response. Then of course the leader of the democratic club complaining that it took days for someone to disavow it. The truth is that, in my experience, people like those two are few and far between here.

Who is the divider in that scenario? The woman yelling F**K Trump or the guy who responded?

I say if the Trump supporters want to have a golf cart parade, let them have it. If the Biden supporters want to have a golf cart parade, let them have it. People who are opposed to either candidate should not be going to the parade to taunt the people that they disagree with. It serves no purpose but to divide us.

How about everyone just support their candidate and leave the people that disagree alone.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 PM
Sage

Great thread, and great examples of people really not understanding what causes divides like the subject is about.
Closed Thread

Tags
minute, segment, rest, group, political

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.