New video contains 7 minute segment about The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2020, 02:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Divisiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is shared with no double meanings or anything but the observation I see nothing but happiness here in these scenes.

It really is a Zippee doo-dah day today here in The Villages. Enjoy every second of it.

We were kids just moments ago enjoying this movie.

Uncle Remus singing it's a beautiful morning. - Bing video
Wow, Gracie. Are we "woke" people even permitted to mention his name? (Sarcasm emjoi goes here.)
Old 10-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
In 2016 I could accept the fact that there were many I knew who voted differently from me. (It might surprise you to know that I have always been a moderate. Voted blue at the state level most of the time because of support for public education. But voted top of ticket, pretty much half and half throughout the years.)

But that was then. This is now.

I have never seen such behavior around an election. It is the in-your-face, loud, brazen, inane stuff that looks to me like it borders on worship of a person not a support of an ideology.

The object of this affection and attention behaves in a manner that represents everything we try to teach our children and grandchildren not to be and do.

I cannot accept lies, lack of empathy, mocking of sickness and death, dehumanizing children in cages, vicious mimicking of the disabled, saying our soldiers are losers and ignoring bounties on their heads, welcoming and encouraging violent organizations based on hatred for those of a different color, eviscerating the middle class with impossible health insurance costs and ridiculous college tuition, trying to destroy the free press, disdain for strong women, threatening to soon be wiping out protection of pre-existing conditions with no plan to replace that protection, falsely propping up the market with those cooperate tax cuts that are being spent on stock buybacks in the trillions, driving this country further into obscene debt, seeing the position of attorney general as a personal lawyer, staffing important government positions with those who will always say yes, delusions of grandeur, wannabe dictator with a plan to set up a family dynasty to go forth with the pillaging and plundering. I could go on — and on.

I know I am skating on thin ice here, hoping the moderator lets us have just this week, just this thread, to say our piece.

The piece I just said here is what I cannot say to those I know who are caught up in this never before seen behavior. I do not say anything because their mob-mentality is a little scary so it’s not worth it.

I just wanted to explain why I feel as I do. When I see people falling in line, loudly proclaiming their support of the behaviors as I listed above, it makes me wonder who they really are.

Boomer, defending herself
All of this is your opinion and I am not saying it is wrong but it is still opinion. You are doing exactly what you are preaching against by denigrating the opinion of those who disagree with you. That is the entire issue. That is supposed to be why we have elections.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
In 2016 I could accept the fact that there were many I knew who voted differently from me. (It might surprise you to know that I have always been a moderate. Voted blue at the state level most of the time because of support for public education. But voted top of ticket, pretty much half and half throughout the years.)

But that was then. This is now.

I have never seen such behavior around an election. It is the in-your-face, loud, brazen, inane stuff that looks to me like it borders on worship of a person not a support of an ideology.

The object of this affection and attention behaves in a manner that represents everything we try to teach our children and grandchildren not to be and do.

I cannot accept lies, lack of empathy, mocking of sickness and death, dehumanizing children in cages, vicious mimicking of the disabled, saying our soldiers are losers and ignoring bounties on their heads, welcoming and encouraging violent organizations based on hatred for those of a different color, eviscerating the middle class with impossible health insurance costs and ridiculous college tuition, trying to destroy the free press, disdain for strong women, threatening to soon be wiping out protection of pre-existing conditions with no plan to replace that protection, falsely propping up the market with those cooperate tax cuts that are being spent on stock buybacks in the trillions, driving this country further into obscene debt, seeing the position of attorney general as a personal lawyer, staffing important government positions with those who will always say yes, delusions of grandeur, wannabe dictator with a plan to set up a family dynasty to go forth with the pillaging and plundering. I could go on — and on.

I know I am skating on thin ice here, hoping the moderator lets us have just this week, just this thread, to say our piece.

The piece I just said here is what I cannot say to those I know who are caught up in this never before seen behavior. I do not say anything because their mob-mentality is a little scary so it’s not worth it.

I just wanted to explain why I feel as I do. When I see people falling in line, loudly proclaiming their support of the behaviors as I listed above, it makes me wonder who they really are.

Boomer, defending herself
Good post!!!!!
Old 10-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
And I don’t understand how anyone can defend those things you mention in paragraph 5.
That is the sad thing. Those folks do not defend. They tolerate and enable by silence. Never do these folks that are alluded to ever make statements supporting much of any policies. Because no policy can fix what you feel. I get it, but am so disappointed in the volume of hate, and the lengths they go to shed their moral compass in order to enable.

It is shameful to allow these things, and never speak up.

I still do not see this as political...there is no political fix for this. It appears they have been conned, and I realize what I said, but conned because they feel someone is speaking for them, to what end I have no idea. I do know the shrapnel from all this will be here for many many years, and it does not appear they care.

I would love to read their hearts to know why they allow these things, these words, these crazy accusations, these very personal smears, and fraud. What is in a heart that allows this ?

This always brings the posts about different hate issues. That is not political, that is something you feel, which no politician can solve.

Last edited by Bucco; 10-27-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
That is the sad thing. Those folks do not defend. They tolerate and enable by silence. Never do these folks that are alluded to ever make statements supporting much of any policies. Because no policy can fix what you feel. I get it, but am so disappointed in the volume of hate, and the lengths they go to shed their moral compass in order to enable.

It is shameful to allow these things, and never speak up.

I still do not see this as political...there is no political fix for this. It appears they have been conned, and I realize what I said, but conned because they feel someone is speaking for them, to what end I have no idea. I do know the shrapnel from all this will be here for many many years, and it does not appear they care.

I would love to read their hearts to know why they allow these things, these words, these crazy accusations, these very personal smears, and fraud. What is in a heart that allows this ?

This always brings the posts about different hate issues. That is not political, that is something you feel, which no politician can solve.
You can disagree with them but you have no right to criticize their character. Just as you have your beliefs they also think they are doing the right thing because they believe what they have been told. I have friends who are really good people who believe what they have been fed on social media. They truly feel they are doing what is right for the country and you have no right to demonize them.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
You can disagree with them but you have no right to criticize their character. Just as you have your beliefs they also think they are doing the right thing because they believe what they have been told. I have friends who are really good people who believe what they have been fed on social media. They truly feel they are doing what is right for the country and you have no right to demonize them.
Normally, and for more years than I recall, I would agree.

However, I have been called such names on this forum alone, and witnessed the slander of American heroes, that were hero's to all until the thought was planted about you either are "this" way, or you are scum. And if any disagree, lock them up, denigrate them, AND their family.

Point is I do not have the right you speak of, but will disagree with them thinking they have the right, not to disagree.....that right is sacred, but to slander, accuse, lie about in the name of WHAT

For a few years, I have been posting, along with others, that the enabling and allowance of such behavior will have profound andlong term effects on my country. This is going to be one of them, destruction of a once proud political party, and Americans in fear of election results.

I have no idea of the results of this election. I used to be one of those who would stay up all night, analyze the numbers, etc., but that has been ruined, no matter who wins.

I do know in absolute terms, that there are profound differences we will need to deal with because of all this, and we watch the continuation of corruption while we are focused on the election (ex...government employees being fired if not politically loyal is now a thing).

And back to your point, I see posters who have posted on here for years, who extolled their moral stances as if we should emulate them, now quite the opposite.

Thanks for challenging me on that. I see what you mean, but respectfully think while many of those we speak of will not agree....you mentioned social media...it is a tool being used to corrupt.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnyce View Post
Guess who runs the Country with term limits? Bureaucrats, lifer bureaucrats, even worse. Having served in office, I know who writes all of those ridiculous laws and regulations. Most elected officials don't even read the crap they sign. It is the bureaucrats that run everything and they stay for life, get 70% pensions then retire laughing all the way.

Term limits for all in government, elected officials and employees or it will mean nothing! My two cents.
Let’s not paint with too broad a brush regarding career federal employees, a group to which I belonged until my recent retirement.

Those that draft bills typically work FOR elected officials and endeavor to satisfy the wishes of their constituents. They are a small portion of the federal workforce. Most of the rest of us worked, objectively, to implement those bills after they became law, having had little or no say in their formulation.

Tags
minute, segment, rest, group, political

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.