New villas with carports

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2020, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default New villas with carports

We walked through Chitty Chatty today and found several new Patio Villas (I think) with carports instead of garages.

We were surprised because we have never seen a new home in TV with a carport. However, it makes a lot of sense to me because we had a 1-car carport in Virginia and it was fine.

Chitty Chatty is interesting because the lots are very different. Some are great but others were not. In some cases, there would be a LOT of space between houses. It made it interesting to look at the houses and critique them.

The walking/biking path around the large lake is very, very nice. We thought it was smart to have the MMP follow the power lines so the carts would not be speeding close to the homes.

We followed the MMP north until we got a very good view of the place where the new bridge will cross Route 44 and it looked pretty crazy. The new bridge will be high, and when the MMP comes downhill from the bridge it will take a sharp left turn, which could be dangerous.

This is the fourth time we have walked through C-C and it looks better each time.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:53 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Without a garage where will the owners put all there stuff. I have a feeling that group of villas will look a little unkept. It's hard enough to move from a home with a basement and attic into one of the homes down here but no garage is tough.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Without a garage where will the owners put all there stuff. I have a feeling that group of villas will look a little unkept. It's hard enough to move from a home with a basement and attic into one of the homes down here but no garage is tough.
It appeared the homes with a carport had a storage room directly behind the carport. Overall the neighborhood looked nice and we saw a lot of cars driving around and people looking at the houses and lots.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Don't the manufactured homes in the Historical section have only carports? How does it work out for them?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-19-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Don't the manufactured homes in the Historical section have only carports? How does it work out for them?
I don't know as I've never been up there but I did here they don't have the deed restrictions that the rest of us have although I could be wrong. I just can't see it, where would you put a golf car? We own a rental villa and most people over there can't even get their car in their garages and when you ride past them the garages are full of stuff. However, they are trying a lot of new things dow here and this might be another experiment.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
However, they are trying a lot of new things down here and this might be another experiment.
That is what I was thinking. It is nice to see them trying new things.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:46 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Quote:
I don't know as I've never been up there but I did here they don't have the deed restrictions that the rest of us have although I could be wrong. I just can't see it, where would you put a golf car? snip
Kenswing: How does it work out? Works out well! We unload more "stuff" that isn't really needed! Our home [and many] have a separate space we affectionately call "the shed" at the rear of the carport where the washer/dryer are located - it also has storage space for the "stuff" we need on a regular basis for cleaning, yard work, hardware for projects, etc.

vintageoguage: Yep! Way fewer deed restrictions - lawn ornaments, flag poles and flags and character! lol And we park our golf cart in the golf cart garage and the car under the carport! Golf cart garage was added after we purchased. Some homes have garages for cars, some just for golf carts and some carts are just parked under the carports!

Old 04-20-2020, 12:50 AM
Platinum member

I wouldn’t buy a house with a carport.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

We have been to C-C and are less and less impressed each time. Many small strange looking lots, power lines, unimpressive villas ( carports? ) etc.

Built it and people will buy anything.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I wouldn’t buy a house with a carport.
Agree..... bad move to build with carports and not garages. A carport is not nice look at all, not to mention the functionality that a carport lacks.

Last edited by coffeebean; 04-20-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:33 AM

carports are from the 60's, totally outdated
Old 04-20-2020, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Not having a garage looked like a problem when we moved into The Historical Section but what it actually forced us to do was to keep only the things we absolutely need. So many boxes were transported from the last few houses we owned up north and we never opened them. No clutter now. It is a freeing feeling.

If you had to I'll bet you could survive having a Carport instead of a Garage. If you need your stuff and have the money to have many garages then I'm happy for you. I really am. I'll bet you that the Carport Homes down South sell like Hotcakes.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:43 AM
Veteran member

Cheaper to build.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:46 AM

Thank you for this. Always looking for new places to explore. Interesting about the carports. That might be a concern to some, since storage in a garage is secure.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
We have been to C-C and are less and less impressed each time. Many small strange looking lots, power lines, unimpressive villas ( carports? ) etc.

Built it and people will buy anything.
There are lots on water (ponds) and on natural preserves, can't see power lines.

those are $150-$200K for just the lots, to say people will buy anything is implying they are stupid.

Can't be that stupid if you can shell out or invest $500-600K in lot/home

Last group of premium lots released were sold by noon same day with backup buyers.

Love the wet lands

Tags
mmp, bridge, houses, interesting, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.