New villas with carports

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Carports? Why not go 360 and start offering manufactured homes? There is definitely still a market here as the Historic section is still a popular place to live.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:11 AM

It’s the name of the creek that runs through it.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

If you had to I'll bet you could survive having a Carport instead of a Garage.
If I have to I could survive? Uh, no thanks, I don’t want to “survive”. When I declutter it will Not be because I am forced to in order to survive. This is My retirement, not a prison sentence.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:13 AM

Only if priced right. Carports will let Developer maximize profits. C-C way over priced. The bubble is coming.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Only if priced right. Carports will let Developer maximize profits. C-C way over priced. The bubble is coming.

Carports have nothing to do with maximizing profits, you have not idea of margins on various models, lots, etc.

Silly first post under this name.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Criminal what they are charging for water lots in Chitty Chatty. We paid 30K for a nice water lot just south of 466.
You were VERY lucky then, so rather than think we overpaid, count your blesssings that you bought when you did and have the advantage of the profit you will reap when you sell. Or will you discount the sale price when you sell your house because you think you will be ripping off the buyer? I doubt it. You were just in the right place at the right time and therefore were able to capitalise.

I had a deposit for a LOT in Marsh Bend at $239k when Chitty Chatty Came up and we swapped for a MUCH nicer lot overlooking the lake, $70k cheaper (OK the new CC lot is slightly smaller). As some have said CC went very quickly, and we were in a que of 6 people chasing the LOT we finalised on. That says the LOTS are not over-priced they are UNDER priced... That said with the remainder now coming on line and Bradford to be released in the not too distant future, it will be interesting to see what they are offered at.

We have no problems with the price. The view is spectacular IMHO. Our house is currently being built and look fabulous. We can't wait to move in, there view is lovely, and we liked the sounds of the insects at night rather than the traffic... but each to their own.

Anyone reading this thread who has a home in Chitty Chatty, there is a private CC owner's only Facebook page.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauls@aol.com View Post
The last Premier section was The Preserve. When it opened there was a fair amount of lots sold, however it took almost 2 years to "sell out"

And some lots were in excess of $500,000............the lot cost.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

Chitty Chatty is interesting because the lots are very different. Some are great but others were not. In some cases, there would be a LOT of space between houses. It made it interesting to look at the houses and critique them.

The walking/biking path around the large lake is very, very nice. We thought it was smart to have the MMP follow the power lines so the carts would not be speeding close to the homes.

This is the fourth time we have walked through C-C and it looks better each time.
One loop around the lake and back to the start is circa 1 mile. It will continue down to Bradford with similar lakes. For those of us that are long distance runners it's a fabulous trail with new plants also being installed. We are also between Rohan and The Everglades, so maybe I will return to Marathons.

We are amazed at the speed of building. One month ago the land opposite us was sand. A month on when our foundations were being laid the whole street had been built and roofed with planting starting to take place.

When we selected our LOT at CC we visited in the early morning and late at night. We will have full sun during the day, and then the sounds of nature at night. Coming from the city this is exactly what we want. It will be interesting to see what happens in Bradford as well because the 4th town is scheduled for Lake Sumter so will be interesting to see where it is located... my money is on the end of Morse Blvd near the service station, which will make CC and Bradford very desirable locations in the future.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:44 AM

My first home was a manufactured home - I am now in my 3rd home a 3 bedroom courtyard villa - however when I had the carport there was a nice size storage room behind the carport with the washer/dryer and plenty of room to store belongings. So I'm sure it will work for most and if the new owners didn't think it would they probably would not have bought one.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:48 AM

Would love to take a look at them, but not at TV right now, do you know if they are available online on the TV website? Thanks
Old 04-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage

Don't get
carports, no structural integrity in high winds and having a laundry room that's not part of the main house, isn't fun in cold and or inclement weather, AND do you want your cars and their contents exposed to drive-by predators
Old 04-20-2020, 07:55 AM

I’m pretty sure the laundry machines are kept in that “storage area” in the Carport too. You would actually walk out of your Villa with the laundry basket and head for your carport. That definitely reduces storage even more and isn’t terribly convenient. I would suspect these Villas might be targeting investors looking for “rental” properties?
Old 04-20-2020, 08:09 AM

One of the thing’s I love about TV is that there are homes across all price ranges to fit almost any budget. So I’m sure there will be plenty of people buying and being happy in CC.

I would never buy a house with a car port because:
Limited storage
Car exposed to the elements
Fear of losing it during a hurricane
Cheap trailer park look

But to each their own
Old 04-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Criminal what they are charging for water lots in Chitty Chatty. We paid 30K for a nice water lot just south of 466.
There's water lots and there's water lots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
You were VERY lucky then, so rather than think we overpaid, count your blesssings that you bought when you did and have the advantage of the profit you will reap when you sell. Or will you discount the sale price when you sell your house because you think you will be ripping off the buyer? I doubt it. You were just in the right place at the right time and therefore were able to capitalise.

I had a deposit for a LOT in Marsh Bend at $239k when Chitty Chatty Came up and we swapped for a MUCH nicer lot overlooking the lake, $70k cheaper (OK the new CC lot is slightly smaller). As some have said CC went very quickly, and we were in a que of 6 people chasing the LOT we finalised on. That says the LOTS are not over-priced they are UNDER priced...

Preserve/wet land lots in Fernandina in 2012 were 130-180K

Old 04-20-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I don't know as I've never been up there but I did here they don't have the deed restrictions that the rest of us have although I could be wrong. I just can't see it, where would you put a golf car? We own a rental villa and most people over there can't even get their car in their garages and when you ride past them the garages are full of stuff. However, they are trying a lot of new things dow here and this might be another experiment.
Well that's gonna be looking like a trashy area
Closed Thread

Tags
mmp, bridge, houses, interesting, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.