New watering hours

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
Depends on what area of The Villages you live in. Unless it's done by GPS coordinates, it won't be all that accurate now that The Villages has gotten so large. Last year, the Southern part often got nothing while it rained in Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter and other areas.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
Yeah! What about them! Wait a second...I'm one of those guys....I'm up here and the sprinkler control panel is down there so I should....hmmmm...
You should pay to have a Rachio controller installed (Amazon 199.00) so you can control your water from "up there". Look it up, the technology available to solve your problem is great!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
The snowbirds who have left for the season definitely have their sprinklers set for more than once a week, let alone their specified day for watering.

So what about them?
From SWFWMD:

SNOWBIRDS: Properties must follow the new restrictions even if they are not currently occupied. Seasonal residents should have someone local (neighbor, family, lawn service, etc.) that they can trust to take care of any problems that arise, including but not limited to adjusting an irrigation controller when water restrictions change.

TIME: All “wasteful and unnecessary” water use is also prohibited. Just because you have two "windows" of time in which to do necessary irrigation, this does not mean you need to use the whole time. You may only accomplish one complete irrigation sometime during your allowable times. For a lawn, one complete irrigation is 7/10-3/4 inch of water for a lawn when watering once per week, and the amount of time to accomplish that depends on a number of factors. A general "rule of thumb" is to run spray zones for 15-20 minutes, run rotor zones for 30-45 minutes, and run an oscillating (hose-end) sprinkler for 45-60 minutes. To verify the amount of time a particular area needs, do the following: measure the water the water that falls into at least 6 straight-edge cans when you water for a known amount of time, calculate the average amount of water that is caught in those cans, and then "do the math" to determine if you need to add or subtract run time. For example, if watering for 10 minutes results in 1/2 inch of water, add 5 minutes of run time to get 3/4 inch.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

Hopefully the rains will come and we won't have to be concerned about all of this.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
You should pay to have a Rachio controller installed (Amazon 199.00) so you can control your water from "up there". Look it up, the technology available to solve your problem is great!
Awesome, thanks
Old 06-02-2017, 12:27 PM

I just checked with The Villages Utility Customer Service and was advised that both our Potable and Non-Potable water is subject to the one day a week watering restriction. We use Recycled water, not Reclaimed water according to the representative I spoke to. She also pointed out that the 10% surcharge will only apply to the Water USE, not the Water BASE and the Irrigation USE, not the Irrigation BASE charges.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
You probably can get it for less on eBay, depending upon the particular model , and especially if you bid on and win an auction.

Tags
day, allowed, water, week, watering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.