New Year's Eve Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Default New Year's Eve Sumter Landing

It is very disappointing to observe that the square has become obliterated with banquet tables by those who want to do nothing other than sit on their bottoms and eat leaving no room for dancing or mingling by others. We had planned to go there and dance to the wonderful music of Rocky and the Rollers but it has been ruined by the folks who feel that the square is part of their outdoor dining room! For years many have taken chairs and the Villages provides many places to sit, but the tables have taken over!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Default Re: New Year's Eve Sumter Landing

I would like to add that the Village Management should during these types of events disallow cars around the square during such events, this made a complete mess
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages
Default Re: New Year's Eve Sumter Landing

Well goodness....I live near Spanish Springs Square..and we went down to one of the local restaurants for dinner NewYears Eve..we had reservations that were made a month before..
when we arrived we were seated...and a menu was handed to us..
I looked at the waiter and said...excuse me but we reserved a table for your special New Years eve fare..that included champagne , dinner and all the trimmings for $30 a person...
he looked at me like I had 3 heads..explained that they cancelled that almost after they announced it
Well..........we had never heard that..so here we were with company and No reservation anywhere else
he said they had new owners and they dont know much........
so....we left..and as we walked around town looking for another spot we noticed all the tables along the streets and thought...wow ! what a nice idea...all different neighborhoods sitting and enjoying a relaxed party
We wish our neighborhood did things like that but...they dont..( we live in the older section across 27)
so........some like it hot...some like it cold.........cant please everyone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.