NEWBIE Q & A

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Default NEWBIE Q & A

I've been reading and posting for less than a week and have learned a lot already but there are still a couple of questions that I haven't found the answers to. I'm beginning to understand the vastness of TV but still can't grasp the distance in miles.... from boundary or perimeter - end to end ? I wish there was a complete map of everything. I've ordered the video and haven't received it yet..... maybe there is a map included.

How many miles does TV encompass?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage
Default Re: NEWBIE Q & A

It is currently about 5.5 miles at its widest (w to e) and 6 miles in length (n to s). I was told it was approx. 30 sq miles from 441 to 466A

The new Brownwood section below 466a to 44 will add another 8 sq miles approx.

This was from my sales agent and observation of Google maps.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Veteran member

One of the best places to see some maps is the Village of Virginia Trace site http://www.virginiatrace.com . There are links to several maps there. Another site is WWW.thevillages.com itself. Under the ABOUT US tab is a tab for the Villages Commercial Property. There under the downloads link there is an aerial poster that is a year out of date but shows a good representation of The Villages property. To the best of my knowledge the best map is only available in the villages for $5.00. I hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Gold member

It is about 12 miles from 466A which at this time is the Southern most open area to road 42 the Northern boundary. This 12 mile run is using Buena Vista Blvd. More construction is being done South of 466A. Buena Vista is complete but not open South of 466A within a half of mile where they are pushing dirt for the third town square. If you are on State Road 44 by Sonny's BQ and look North you will see where they are pushing dirt for Brownwood the 3rd townsquare.

I was told that there is 45 sq miles now in use in The Villages. At completion there will be 24,000 acres. Disney is 26,000 acres if I remember reading correctly.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM

I have seen the map for south of 466. Are there any with that detail for north of 466? Also any that show the villages with the county lines? Does the $5 map show this information? Can I get one mailed to me if I send my $?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Gold member

The $5.00 map shows all streets in The Villages from 42 to 466A it also shows county lines, all golf courses, rec centers, villages by name,shopping centers and much more.

If I wanted one mailed to me I would call The Villages information main number at 1-800-346-4556. I have called them in the past on several things and they have always put me to the right person. If you have worked with a sales rep I would call them I would think they might get you one at no cost.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:03 PM

Thanks, I'll give them a call.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM

FYI - I just received a FREE Villages map in the mail. Went to my local AAA office and asked for one. They didn't have one but called (somewhere, probably Lady Lake??) and asked them to mail to my home. Had it in my possession within a week. Try that.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Thanks Jersey. I'll stop by there on Monday.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Gold member

I have seen the AAA map and I liked The Villages map much better because it shows the cart trails, all golf courses, rec centers, shopping areas, cart tunnels, and all other points of interest. The AAA map that I saw showed none of these it showed streets only. Perhaps it was because I was used to The Villages map but the AAA map seemed hard to read. However it is free to AAA members.

A great map is the free General area map available at the sales centers for the asking. It shows the main roads, lists all of the retail stores, golf courses, rec centers and cart trails. This map is the best one to use as you are traveling around The Villages and not looking for a particular side street.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

CONEY
The latest map is green in color and its the best detailed map of everything that I've seen so far.....It cost $5.00 and shows you everything , Indy guy is right , its about 12 miles north to south . I have lost count of how many tennis courts , swimming pools , etc. etc. there are but right now there are thirty eight golf courses I think and there will be 46 when they are finished. Its hard to grasp the size of this place without seeing it but trust me , ITS HUGE.....You won't believe the store's that are here and the ones that are moving in here ........
I don't remember the sq. footage of my house but going from the living room to the back bedroom you pass a Howard Johnson's on the way.......
You'll love it fumar
Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 PM

I just looked at my AAA TV map, again. You are right Indy, it's only a street map. Does list the different villages though. Helps me alot but I just may have to invest in the TV map version for all the other added things like cart trails, etc. Thanks. Two maps are better than one. LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM

I called Market Square Mercantile yesterday. They are mailing me the map. $5 + I think she said 70 cents for envelope and postage. Very friendly!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Sage

A number for Market Square Mercantile?

thanks - Russ
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM

Sorry, should have included it - 352-753-2129 or you can use the 800-346-4556 and ask them to connect uou to the mercantile.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.