Newbies Club

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Default Newbies Club

What are your thoughts about a Newbies Club to welcome, help, and socialize with newcomers.

I made a few contractor mistakes for instance I would not like to see others make.

Just putting a thought out there....
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM

It seems like it would be helpful to many, but the membership would probably end up being very short term...as club members first join to get acclimated to the villages and then interest may wane as they feel they are confident in their new neighborhood, home and daily routine. I think it still would be valuable to share some of the information others have accumulated over the years. Others on here have also suggested a club that gives advice and guidance for those who are new to retirement and the life change that comes with it. Perhaps a combination of the two topics would work?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Sage

I'm interested in helping. good idea
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgroemm View Post
It seems like it would be helpful to many, but the membership would probably end up being very short term...as club members first join to get acclimated to the villages and then interest may wane as they feel they are confident in their new neighborhood, home and daily routine. I think it still would be valuable to share some of the information others have accumulated over the years. Others on here have also suggested a club that gives advice and guidance for those who are new to retirement and the life change that comes with it. Perhaps a combination of the two topics would work?
I would love to get together with other newcomers here in The Villages. Since many of the neighborhoods that we move into are already established and it’s hard to break in. Meeting other newcomers is a great idea!
Closed Thread

Tags
newbies, club, instance, make, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.