Is it Always Fair in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Eternal Member
Default Is it Always Fair in TV?

I opened up the "About Us" tab on TV website, and it says 73 Degrees and Fair. It seems like it always says fair.
Yet I look at the web cams, and can see folks walking around Spanish Springs with umbrellas up, and can see water puddled around the awning in Lake Sumter. It's clearly raining!
More advertising?
:dontknow:
Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Default Re: Is it Always Fair in TV?

How could it be considered "happyland", or as I have come to think of it, as "lala-land", if it is not always "fair"? Good question Steve! Keep your umbrella up to avoid negativity and/or the thought police . Of course one could say that the thermometer is stuck,perhaps?? Lolololol!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi SteveFromNY,

How's things on Staten Island these days? When we were in TV on the visitation program, it rained for two days straight. All that time The Villages website showed it as fair to partly cloudy. Of course www.accuweather.com had it correctly. Just something to chuckle about I guess. Hope the weather in The Bronx stays nice throughout the baseball post-season and one shouldn't rule out the slight chance of SNOW at Coors Field in Denver in October. I should know because after leaving The Big Apple back in the 80's I lived in Denver for about 20 years. Yes, I've seen snow there on occasion in October and April. Hope things are going well for you and that your house sells soon......take care.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

They have actually said light rain or drizzle on that page most of the day. I guess someone looked out the window. :dontknow:
Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Eternal Member

Maybe they read the post!!!! ;D
Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
Maybe they read the post!!!! ;D
The Villages are big enough now that what the weather at one end can be rather different from that at the other at least as far as rain is concerned. Temperature not so much because there are not that many features which could make the temperatures in TV vary more than about 10 degrees from one part to another. You could say that it is fair and 80 somewhere in TV and be right. Of course, it could be raining and 75 somewhere else!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
The Villages are big enough now that what the weather at one end can be rather different from that at the other at least as far as rain is concerned. Temperature not so much because there are not that many features which could make the temperatures in TV vary more than about 10 degrees from one part to another. You could say that it is fair and 80 somewhere in TV and be right. Of course, it could be raining and 75 somewhere else!
You are absolutely right. And if one web cam showed sun and the other rain, I'd buy it. But both web cams were showing rain. I think the Daily Sun offices are on Rolling Acres Road, which is sort of between the two centers.
Rather than suspect the weather being different, I'd still bet someone didn't look out the window!

;D
Old 10-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
You are absolutely right. And if one web cam showed sun and the other rain, I'd buy it. But both web cams were showing rain. I think the Daily Sun offices are on Rolling Acres Road, which is sort of between the two centers.
Rather than suspect the weather being different, I'd still bet someone didn't look out the window!

;D
You may be right but Rolling Acres is not too far from the Lady Lake Library where I just returned some DVDs and got some more at about 2:00 pm. The library is probably a 1000 feet or less from the Daily Sun offices on Rolling Acres. It looked like they got some rain from the puddles in some of the streets near that library. Before the library I had gone to see the movie Amazing Grace again. This time at the Rialto at 11:00 am in Spanish Springs square where it seemed to rain all the time I was in the movie theater. Not too hard to tell that it is raining outside even if you are in a two hour movie. Just look for people with umbrellas and complaining about the weather.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I opened up the "About Us" tab on TV website, and it says 73 Degrees and Fair. It seems like it always says fair.
Yet I look at the web cams, and can see folks walking around Spanish Springs with umbrellas up, and can see water puddled around the awning in Lake Sumter. It's clearly raining!
More advertising?
:dontknow:

Well, if I worked in PR for the developer, I'd tell you that the umbrellas are up to protect folks from the sun and the water you see puddled is left over from our washing the grounds! ;D
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Taltarzac

Just checked today while it is raining and thundering and they show it "fair" and 82 F. http://www.thevillages.com/aboutus/contactus.htm

A positive spin on this weather--

"I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart."
Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 PM

Ok - I realize that Florida and esp. Central Florida has had a seriously bad drought but you wouldn't know it this past week!!!!!

S T O P THE RAIN ALREADY !!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Eternal Member

It rained so much the first year we were here that my wife wondered why they call Florida the Sunshine state. Since I was raised in Florida I told her that was liquid sunshine.

Just remember that whenever you call a Villages office, the opening comment is " It is always a beautiful day in the Villages" - and it is!! Rain or shine!!

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.