Newer Southern Villages-Golf Cart Living

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2022, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I have no idea what that means...

All well and good unless you have hard copy music/movies...

I have more than a few boxed sets of The Beatles, for example. I need a CD/DVD player to access them...
Call me old fashioned but I like the old fashioned way better.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Not sure if serious...

The Villages is only supplying some extra wiring... Everything else is up the the homeowner to purchase...
I was serious. I guess I'm just learning what a "smart house" is. We just have a new "smart" HVAC system in our older home. I really do like the convenience of being able to turn the temperature down before we head home from a week of traveling. I'm still amazed at what I have seen and what has become available in my lifetime. I will never take anything for granted.
Old 09-25-2022, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Our smart homes, north and in TV, can turn on the oven, start washer, coffee pot, lights, thermostat, cameras, garage door, sprinklers. Can’t remember the last time I physically had to turn on a light. Once I did preheat my oven on the 7th hole just because I could
Old 09-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I was asked by two couples who are prospective buyers in TV, and they had formed this impression from lurking on TOTV, and asked me about it.
It seemed like a plausible opinion to have formed, so I was seeking input from people who live in these areas.
I used to live north of 466A. Now I live south of the turnpike. I use my golf cart just as often as I used it in my previous location. There is not a shift from golf cart to walking/biking. Rather, walking/biking trails are a welcome addition in our area. It separates bikers and walkers from golf carts, a really great improvement. It is a myth that amenities are not being built, we have plenty. Golf is here and more is coming, plenty of us play golf.

I agree with some of the others that there are some hard feelings about the expansion into the new areas. It is based on "I was told they would stop at route 44, they lied to me". Be careful about believing what you read on here.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I used to live north of 466A. Now I live south of the turnpike. I use my golf cart just as often as I used it in my previous location. There is not a shift from golf cart to walking/biking. Rather, walking/biking trails are a welcome addition in our area. It separates bikers and walkers from golf carts, a really great improvement. It is a myth that amenities are not being built, we have plenty. Golf is here and more is coming, plenty of us play golf.

I agree with some of the others that there are some hard feelings about the expansion into the new areas. It is based on "I was told they would stop at route 44, they lied to me". Be careful about believing what you read on here.

Hope that helps.
I was told the construction would stop at 466A.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:11 PM

I think it will have its own personality similar to the golf cart accessible areas north of 466a but it will not be like that until it's fully developed. Even the neighborhoods immediately south of 466a are not like the areas north of 466a.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

Have lived ten years South of 466A in two different homes. Would not even consider moving South across the turnpike. Love it where we are.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, newer, areas, villages, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.