Newer Southern Villages-Golf Cart Living

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Almost 200,000 live here!
25,000 Signed up for TOTV (rough estimate!?!)
Maybe 2% are active users of TOTV (pick any number less than 5%.)

TOTV input validation!?!?!?!?!?!?

And most of that 2% have a negative attitude. This is coming from someone who has only been involved for 5 months.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,683 Times in 971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
And most of that 2% have a negative attitude. This is coming from someone who has only been involved for 5 months.
I don't think that's true. Most here are helpful and friendly. We notice the negative ones more, but I don't think they are in the majority.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:26 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Don’t believe everything you read. The south is amazing and incorporates enough new amenities that those north of 44 are jealous. A handful of grouches from the north make a lot of nonsense posts about the south even though some of them have never even visited. We love our golf carts and have full connectivity. No worries south of 44!
Jealous?

Rides to the South make me ever so much more appreciative of a house on the northern Historic side.

Old 09-22-2022, 10:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
If he wasn't an 18 hole golfer, we would not have a cart.
That's how we are. I rarely play an 18 hole course and we like to walk the Exec courses, so we have no need for a golf cart.

We enjoy visiting the Southern Area very much. We walked around Hogeye today and saw a large alligator laying in the sun near the houses across the lake. Probably he was looking for a dog to eat.

Too bad Sawgrass has turned out to be such a disappointment. We do like the nearby putt-and-play very much. it is much better than the one in Fenney.

Last edited by VApeople; 09-22-2022 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

North or South, we are all Villagers so, so what and who cares. Everyone north can do everything south and everyone south can do everything north. I just enjoy all the new space to drive the golf cart.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

Have been south of 44 many times. Many areas of turnpike noise and visually lots if power lines. Golf is lacking both championship and executive. The numerous pitch and putt facilities don’t cut it. Just a lot of things lacking south of 44.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Don’t believe everything you read. The south is amazing and incorporates enough new amenities that those north of 44 are jealous. A handful of grouches from the north make a lot of nonsense posts about the south even though some of them have never even visited. We love our golf carts and have full connectivity. No worries south of 44!
Agree
Old 09-23-2022, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

I bike ride all over the Villages as well as the surrounding countryside. I find that all the areas of the Villages are beautiful! I like both the northern and southern areas. The south has great nature trails, bike and walking paths and many other improvements to Village living. I have many friends who live south of SR 44 and they have beautiful homes and love them as much as anyone else. My wife and I love to travel all over the Villages and see all the new areas.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:56 AM
Default Trees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Have been south of 44 many times. Many areas of turnpike noise and visually lots if power lines. Golf is lacking both championship and executive. The numerous pitch and putt facilities don’t cut it. Just a lot of things lacking south of 44.
I would miss the trees and mature landscaping that north of 44 is known for — in my yard/village. I know things grow fast in FL, but not fast enough. I do wish we had more walking/biking paths north of 44, but that can always be changed.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
As I drive along Odel Circle I'm surrounded by gorgeous golf course views. My entire drive from Colony Plaza to our home is gorgeous because of those golf courses all along the way.

Hubby and I have driven all around the newer areas south of 44 and I don't see golf courses like I do in our area. Seems there aren't as many golf courses. We don't play the game but surely do enjoy the beauty those courses lend to our area.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieK View Post
I would miss the trees and mature landscaping that north of 44 is known for — in my yard/village. I know things grow fast in FL, but not fast enough. I do wish we had more walking/biking paths north of 44, but that can always be changed.
There will be at least one and it cost everybody South of 466A almost a cool million.

In regards to the South, a Pitch and Putt is not a good replacement for an Executive Course with 2 par fours, just saying.

Last edited by Bilyclub; 09-23-2022 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

#####
Old 09-23-2022, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
There will be at least one and it cost everybody South of 466A almost a cool million.
I have been watching the construction of the new lake miona path. It seems to wander along Buena Vista. I hope part of it goes near the lake. Also, the north end seems to just stop.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:52 AM
Platinum member
Default Help, i need somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker14 View Post
i was asked by two couples who are prospective buyers in tv, and they had formed this impression from lurking on totv, and asked me about it.
It seemed like a plausible opinion to have formed, so i was seeking input from people who live in these areas.
i think there are some op's out there who could give you golf cart eta's traveling from say sawgrass grove to various locations.
Good luck
Old 09-23-2022, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Hmmm. Not sure how it wouldn’t be considered a golf cart community. There’s no place in The Villages that we can’t get to in our carts. Yes our area is certainly focused on outdoor activities with all of the walking/biking paths. Ezell even has an outdoor circuit course with exercise equipment. But we still have dedicated MMP’s along all the main roads. Several tunnels to get under the busier ones. And of course one bridge over the turnpike with another under construction.

As far as getting away from being a golf community. I can’t say that’s true either. I’m not a golfer but I know there are already 4 or 5 courses. There’s another at least five either under construction or planned for the area between the turnpike and 470.

As far as amenities, we have the standard mix of stuff that they have up north. Then we have some extras like a remote control car race track. Remote control boar lake with a dock. An area set up for stargazing complete with powered telescope pads.

It might be considered that we’re a little light on shopping options. That might be true for some people but we’re six minutes to Lake Deaton Plaza. Seven minutes to Magnolia Plaza and 17 minutes to UFH Hospital in Leesburg.

I’m enjoying my life down here a lot.
You may be close to those plazas for grocery shopping and a few restaurants but those plazas do not have Target, Michael's, Staples, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl's, Lowes, JoAnn's, Home Depot, and the countless restaurants that are not in those plazas.

Personally, those hiking paths are not desirable for me at all. I much prefer working out in an air conditioned space. Call me a wimp but I don't like the humidity and heat for exercise. That is the reason I do not play golf.

Enjoy your lifestyle in the south. Many people love it like you do. It's just not for me.

Tags
golf, newer, areas, villages, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.