Newer Southern Villages-Golf Cart Living

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2022, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Don’t believe everything you read. The south is amazing and incorporates enough new amenities that those north of 44 are jealous. A handful of grouches from the north make a lot of nonsense posts about the south even though some of them have never even visited. We love our golf carts and have full connectivity. No worries south of 44!
Jealous? Nope.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
That's how we are. I rarely play an 18 hole course and we like to walk the Exec courses, so we have no need for a golf cart.

We enjoy visiting the Southern Area very much. We walked around Hogeye today and saw a large alligator laying in the sun near the houses across the lake. Probably he was looking for a dog to eat.

Too bad Sawgrass has turned out to be such a disappointment. We do like the nearby putt-and-play very much. it is much better than the one in Fenney.
We live in the north, barely. We love to drive south in our cart as the paths are more scenic. And we play basic water volleyball in the south at Everglades and Ezell. Much more active there as the attendance at local pools near us at Eisenhower and Sea Breeze have petered out.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:00 AM

Moved to Linden approx 2 1/2 years ago. Play mostly championship courses all over. Early Bird times, 9 holes. Will put a deposit on a EZGO 4.0 lithium when we drive back from MD in a few weeks. Every place in the Villages is fantastic. Have met so many amazing people. I expect to save miles on our vehicles and most likely sell one. When we looked at areas we had no idea of the many plans south of 44. It is a great area and will have plenty to do. As far as getting a tee time there are early times, mid day times and also late evening times. This is a amazing place to live and all areas are unique and great places to see. We will be able to see more areas by cart. Enjoy life, the villages areas are clean, safe and diverse.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldragbagger View Post
We live south of 44, in The Village of Hawkins. I can’t really address the golf question as we don’t play so it didn’t factor in to our decision when we purchased, but we are cyclists and we were very attracted to this area because of all the paths and trails, and the ability to ride anywhere in the villages without riding on the roads. We love the MMP’s and can get to anyplace we need to go from the south, to the north, in our golf cart. But we also love the pedestrian/bicycle paths that are in the southern area for cycling. Cycling opportunities abound and we probably have close to a dozen routes of varying mileages that we ride regularly. It’s bicycling heaven. But we also have wonderful recreational facilities, pools, and things to do, just like the north.
We’re looking forward to Eastport being completed but not really concerned about whether we get a lot of big box stores down here. We don’t mind going out of the bubble to shop. It gives a change of scenery and a chance to lunch out. I travel up to Colony Cottage weekly for one of my clubs and it really doesn’t seem that far to me, then hit the Walmart Market afterwards. We have a Publix 1.5 miles from our house for in-between. We’re not regulars to the town squares but Brownwood is close enough. Soon Sawgrass will be fully open, and then Eastport.
That being said, we think all of The Villages is gorgeous. Each area has it’s own unique personality which is wonderful because there truly is something for everyone, of every interest and every budget. It shouldn’t have to be a competition between the areas. We don’t all have the same needs and sensitivities. This is an amazing place, no matter what area you live in.
I just love your enthusiasm for the southern location. If I were a bicyclist I would want to live in the south too. Sounds like the best place to be for that sport.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
I can think of 2 minor improvements to make cart life a little easier that won't happen. A direct connection from North DeLuna along 301 to Fenney. A cart path added to the Warm Springs bridge over the turnpike.
Why are you so sure those minor improvements won't happen?
Old 09-23-2022, 07:06 AM
Sage

~~~

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-23-2022 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:54 AM
Default Warning

Willy's told me some people with jacked up golf cart speed have trashed the engine from heat going up to the better golf frequently. That's why I bought preowned above 44 not much below for me and too much swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
As TV has, and will continue to expand southward, creating new villages along the way, from what I gather from posts from people who live there, and from my few visits into the newer areas, the lifestyle focus has shifted away, at least to some degree, from golf, golf, and more golf, to less golf, and more biking and hiking trails.

This is a question really directed to those who actually have moved to the newer areas. Do you think these newer villages will ever have as strong a focus on golf cart mobility as the older areas have?
I understand that as the newer areas have been built, not all of the amenities have yet been developed, but as they are, and when they are, do you anticipate those areas being as much of a golf cart community as the villages north of 44?
Old 09-23-2022, 07:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

The bridge is fairly new and the county/developer didn't add a cart lane went it was built.

The developer doesn't own the land between DeLuna and Fenney along 301.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

This is a fairly meaningless post if you consider the size of The Villages. From north to south TV is already longer than the City of Chicago.

Would anyone consider a trip from the far south side to the far north side of Chicago in a golf cart? Most people would agree that’s a pretty ridiculous question. If one wants a particular mix of amenities, then they’d better buy a house or villa nearby, in that neighborhood or village.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 09-23-2022 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
This is a fairly meaningless post if you consider the size of The Villages. From north to south TV is already longer than the City of Chicago.

Would anyone consider a trip from the far south side to the far north side of Chicago in a golf cart? Most people would agree that’s a pretty ridiculous question. If one wants a particular mix of amenities, then they’d better buy a house or villa nearby, in that neighborhood or village.
We do it often! From St Cats at Sawgrass to bowling in Spanish Springs or over to Walmart. We love golf cart outings that take around an hour each way.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:22 AM

That trail will be good for bird watchers period. Have been on it very disappointing. Too narrow and you only see a tad of the Lake. In the rains of the past week it did not survive the dirt banks which washed right over the path. Also if you are handicapped forgetaboutit. Very narrow for a wheelchair and a person to walk side by side than you have to pass others? Very poorly designed.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:40 AM
Platinum member
Default Ding!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotneko View Post
we do it often! From st cats at sawgrass to bowling in spanish springs or over to walmart. We love golf cart outings that take around an hour each way.
start filming and incessantly talk and get your own youtube site, wait!!, someone's already been there doing that
Old 09-23-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Because they are not "minor" in any way shape or form?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-23-2022, 09:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

This is a question really directed to those who actually have moved to the newer areas.
I moved to Marsh Bend and am very happy with my decision. What was significant to me was the MMP's that are in the south minimizing how much travel I do on the streets in my golf cart with the vehicles. We have Edna's Sawgrass, and Fenny Grill which are very nice quiet venues to sit under huge trees and listen to music. It is a short golf cart ride to Brownwood from my place anyways. As far as going to the squares, I know a lot of people make a big thing out of bringing their golf cart to the Square. However if you really look golf cart parking is limited and I would say the vast majority of the people go to the squares via automobile. The other thing that was an important factor was the homes are obviously of newer construction and more modern. My home is considered a "smart home" which means it was all pre-wired for the latest conveniences.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
I moved to Marsh Bend and am very happy with my decision. What was significant to me was the MMP's that are in the south minimizing how much travel I do on the streets in my golf cart with the vehicles. We have Edna's Sawgrass, and Fenny Grill which are very nice quiet venues to sit under huge trees and listen to music. It is a short golf cart ride to Brownwood from my place anyways. As far as going to the squares, I know a lot of people make a big thing out of bringing their golf cart to the Square. However if you really look golf cart parking is limited and I would say the vast majority of the people go to the squares via automobile. The other thing that was an important factor was the homes are obviously of newer construction and more modern. My home is considered a "smart home" which means it was all pre-wired for the latest conveniences.
I'll disagree on a couple of points... When I go to the squares, most of the side streets are filled with golf carts, as well as much of the parking behind the stores...

And most of the homes built after 2015 or so are also smart wired...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, newer, areas, villages, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.