The newest section of Fenny

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Default The newest section of Fenny

Is set to open soon? Anyone been through the new veranda neighborhood? Any pictures?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

The Village of Fenney has been built out for awhile.....so no new houses being built there. If Fenney is your interest you should contact a sales person to see if what you want is there. There are villages south of 44 under construction so what you are looking for can be in several Villages plus you would have the option to build to suit.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-30-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

This may help.
About Our Homes | The Villages
Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the newer sections of the Villages that were added after Fenney, such as Marsh Bend. There's a section of Verandas there, and there's another one in Linden. New homes, neighborhood not finished yet.

To the OP - the actual area known as Fenney is finished and all new homes there have been sold (some might be up for resale, you can check the Homefinder page to see). On the main map, scroll down to the bottom. You'll see Fenney on the left. To the right of that are the new village areas.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:46 PM

Actually, a new piece of land is being developed adjacent to Red and Grey Fox golf courses. I believe it will add 300 New homes to Fenney.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyFanatic View Post
Actually, a new piece of land is being developed adjacent to Red and Grey Fox golf courses. I believe it will add 300 New homes to Fenney.
Aha! Something none of us who already responded knew, apparently! It's not on the Homefinder map.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:52 PM

All 83 New Hampton Verandas in McClure have been sold. I believe there are a few left in Marsh Bend and Linden. We have a Veranda and love it
Old 07-01-2019, 06:51 AM

A lot of people refer to all the construction south of 44 as "Fenney". Fenney is only one village, the first of many that have been built so far. Right now, in addition to Fenney there is Desoto, McClure, Marsh Bend, Linden and Monarch Grove. When I tell someone I am moving to the Village of Linden their response is "where". I answer their question by stating the Village of Linden is half-way between Fenney and 44.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
When I tell someone I am moving to the Village of Linden their response is "where". I answer their question by stating the Village of Linden is half-way between Fenney and 44.
Yet, even that isn't accurate. Linden is east of Fenney and 44 is north. Linden is opposite CR501 from McClure, parallel to the turnpike.

Plenty of confusion to go around by the area being called "Fenney" as a whole. Actually the greater area is called The Villages of Southern Oaks, but even that brings confusion because people ask where the village of Southern Oaks is (it does not exist). I've also heard people refer to the Village of Marsh Landing (it's Marsh Bend). and I've heard speculators assume that the next town square will be in Marsh Bend because they are putting food trucks there and food trucks were at Lake Sumter before it was a square and at Brownwood before it was a square. Only problem is - there is nowhere left in Marsh Bend to fit a square.

Rule of thumb when someone claims to be giving you "first to know" information around here is, if the words "I heard" are anywhere in the conversation, take whatever comes next with a grain of salt.

OP, I live in a Veranda, in Fenney. There are no new ones left or currently being built. The area beside the golf courses is bound to be something some day, but most people would not be in a position to know for sure. The Verandas in Fenney were the first ever, but each new village, other than DeSoto, has had Verandas built within it. They are a popular option, so I would expect that to continue as the villages grows. If you really want to be in a Veranda, in Fenney, stop by, take a look, and make me an offer. I always have a price for which I can be bought.
Closed Thread

Tags
veranda, neighborhood, pictures, section, newest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.