Fast Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Default Fast Golf Carts

I will never understand why people are in a hurry in the Villages. My golf cart goes 19mph and yet people are always passing me life there's a fire or something. The funny thing is that I usually catch up to them and a cross street or something, so what's the hurry? I was passed by a street legal cart on a path yesterday. Why is he even on the path if he can use the street? Worse are the cars who are behind a car turning left and the car behind them swerves over to the cart lane to pass them. People, slow down! I thought this was a retirement community, not a race track.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage

Some people just like going fast. For them - - - - -

"I feel the need...........the need for speed!!" - Top Gun

Bill
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Thanks Bill!!! Now all day I will have the theme song "Danger Zone" in my head
Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
I will never understand why people are in a hurry in the Villages. My golf cart goes 19mph and yet people are always passing me life there's a fire or something. The funny thing is that I usually catch up to them and a cross street or something, so what's the hurry? I was passed by a street legal cart on a path yesterday. Why is he even on the path if he can use the street? Worse are the cars who are behind a car turning left and the car behind them swerves over to the cart lane to pass them. People, slow down! I thought this was a retirement community, not a race track.
whats not to understand? living in the villages doesnt mean one will never ever again be in a hurry for something. i pass slow moving carts all the time. i also get passed quite often and i sure dont get my dander up over it!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
whats not to understand? living in the villages doesnt mean one will never ever again be in a hurry for something. i pass slow moving carts all the time. i also get passed quite often and i sure dont get my dander up over it!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:43 AM

I pass some carts and others pass me also. I just watch out and watch other drivers carefully. Some carts can only do 16 mph others can do 25mph. Just relax and enjoy the day. Let others do their thing.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 AM

My dander isn't up people, I was just curious why people are in a hurry. Geesh, CHILL!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

I agree with Crummybuttons.He was just curious.What gets me is golf carts that will pull into the street in front of cars just to pass a slower moving golf cart.Then they cut right back into the golf cart lane.Putting their lives at risk just to save a few seconds.Oh yes I know why-they're in a hurry.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
My dander isn't up people, I was just curious why people are in a hurry. Geesh, CHILL!
I understand where you are coming from-----there is a difference between driving a bit fast and driving dangerously. I suppose we all could use a little more patience----maybe start a little early to catch our tee-times-----especially this time of the year when the "trails" are packed not only with carts but bikes and walkers.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Some of the things I've seen people here in TV do in Golf carts and cars amazes me. I know some carts like the rental we are using only go maybe 15 mph but we've been passed by other carts like we were sitting still. I few days ago I was stopped at a light where Avienda and Paige cross and I looked up the street facing 441 and here come a car up the exiting lanes. The lady driving the car could barely see out the windshield so I gave up trying to get her attention and only hoped the police would see her. I did'nt have my cell phone but I usually carry it when I'm in the cart.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM

A salesman at EZGO mentioned that many (most) of the used carts he sees have completely worn out brakes. One can change the governor on gas carts to do 25-30mph. But the brakes are still designed for carts used only at golf course speeds.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

When we were frogs for 3 years the only transportation we had was our cart and we used it like a car. Going from LS to Loews and back was like a day trip in our original " slow " cart.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 PM

It's really no different than driving your car on the street. Some go faster than others. Some are in a big hurry and some are not.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Something I've notice all the carts passing have clubs on the back of them......Golfer's to bad some aren't in hurry when their on the course???? Hee Hee! Ok before you read between the lines or failed to see I said SOME
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I will never understand why people are in a hurry in the Villages.
Gotta get there fast before I forget where I'm going.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.