Next trip coming soon

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2021, 08:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts
Default Next trip coming soon

The plan to be in The Villages fell apart with a turn in my health. Today was day 2 or 5 of getting radiation and next Tuesday is my regular chemo day. After that we get to come down for 10 days. Not sure what other trips we will be able to do as after the first of the year chemo goes to a weekly treatment which will make it hard to get away. Not what we planned but hopefully this will lead to better things down the road.

We will be down for the parade and Queen as well as celebrating my 58th birthday at the Rose Plantation. We are also hoping to get to St. Augustine for the Christmas lights. Busy week but it should be fun.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I was disappointed in the St. Augustine Christmas lights, almost all were white (very few colored lights) and you need their special lens to see the prismatic light display. I had trouble with the lens and my glasses. As I recall there were only 3 or 4 blocks that actually had lights, nice tram ride as long as the weather cooperates.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:31 PM

I hope you're not going to drive this time from New England.

Cottom Farm in Weirsdale
has a beautiful display, including a house tour. Cottom not cotton.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
I hope you're not going to drive this time from New England.

Cottom Farm in Weirsdale
has a beautiful display, including a house tour. Cottom not cotton.
We are flying into Tampa and renting a car.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I was disappointed in the St. Augustine Christmas lights, almost all were white (very few colored lights) and you need their special lens to see the prismatic light display. I had trouble with the lens and my glasses. As I recall there were only 3 or 4 blocks that actually had lights, nice tram ride as long as the weather cooperates.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
The plan to be in The Villages fell apart with a turn in my health. Today was day 2 or 5 of getting radiation and next Tuesday is my regular chemo day. After that we get to come down for 10 days. Not sure what other trips we will be able to do as after the first of the year chemo goes to a weekly treatment which will make it hard to get away. Not what we planned but hopefully this will lead to better things down the road.

We will be down for the parade and Queen as well as celebrating my 58th birthday at the Rose Plantation. We are also hoping to get to St. Augustine for the Christmas lights. Busy week but it should be fun.
FYI in case you don't want to go all the way to St. Auugustine:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=system-ui]The "Dancing Holiday Lights of Snowman Way" (3351 Wise Way, The Village of Pine Hills) will start (hopefully) this Sunday night, Dec 5, with the music of Mannheim Steamroller, Pentatonix, Celtic Woman, David Foster, and Arthur Fiedler's "Sleigh Ride."
[
Best wishes to you for good health, Garywt.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Also hoping that this will lead to better things down the road for you!
Old 12-01-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

let's hope the sunshine helps you feel better, & that's it's warmer by the time you get here, lol. the post about the local light display is on the money-we saw it last year, the whole village gets into it. what good news you'll be able to be here for the holidays!
Old 12-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Re: their special lens and glasses.
Try asking. I don't know but expect it is a cross screen filter. You can buy one from a photo place. If, I am right, try a piece of window screen on your glasses. Probably best if you have an old pair of glasses. Obviously be careful you don't scratch your face or your eyes.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Happy Birthday
Closed Thread

Tags
chemo, day, augustine, hard, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.