Nice achievement

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Sage
Default Nice achievement

We moved down full-time about a month ago. After all of the flurry of unpacking, rearranging, plotting and planning, fears and dreams, exhaustion and finding renewed energy; I finally achieved one of my life goals.

I wasn't disappointed. I'm actually more excited than ever. This achievement only adds to my joys and is one of the things I can say with all sincerity was pure pleasure and gives me dreams for the future. Oh, the goal wasn't moving to TV.

It was meeting Gracie and part of her lovely and enjoyable family. If it wasn't for TOTV, most likely, it wouldn't have happened. This site is really nice.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Congratulations on your new reality. Life is good.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Congrats on getting here permanently. What a great goal and definitely one worth having. Gracie is a wonderful woman and she has a truly lovely family.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Oh, the goal wasn't moving to TV. It was meeting Gracie and part of her lovely and enjoyable family.
I wouldn't quite go as far as to say that Gracie was the reason we moved here, but I can certainly understand from also meeting her and her family why you said what you did! Congratulations on your arrival!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Sage

Congratulations on your permanet move.

Gracie always brightens our days and I'm glad that you did today.

May all your dreams come true.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Sage

Cuz! I'm excited for you. Wow!

Two moves in less than a year. So, does this also mean that DH has retired? One more thing to celebrate? Oh joy!

I'm looking forward to meeting you too. Save me some time on your calendar, ok?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Isn't that the greatest news?

We were so thrilled to learn that BK had made the BIG move here to live year 'round.

I was delighted when she invited us to meet them for dinner and a little intimidated too, because I think she is really, really, smart. Both BK and Pturner are my idols and before I met them, I was reading their posts in a ...well,.. either announcer mode or in a British accent.

Imagine my surprise and delight to find that they both have sweet Southern accents and they both are so warm and real and so...not threatening.

It was so very nice to SEE and HUG the real BK and she and her handsome husband are so much fun and so funny and so NICE. I can't wait to have BK and PTurner in a room together with a lot of others on here that I just love too, and just listen to the two of them talk.

What FUN!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Cuz! I'm excited for you. Wow!

Two moves in less than a year. So, does this also mean that DH has retired? One more thing to celebrate? Oh joy!

I'm looking forward to meeting you too. Save me some time on your calendar, ok?

Thanks everyone. It was a couple of years sooner than we had planned. But such is life. What a blessing to retire in paradise.

It was two moves in less than a year and I'm telling you, I'm exhausted. I look forward to meeting you too P, and hopefully the rest of you someday soon. I was really thrilled to finally meet Gracie. (I think my husband was more excited than me actually. I've talked so much about you Gracie he thought you were the best thing since sliced bread...and now he knows you are!)

I'm in the habit of looking for someone I imagine looks like Richie in the square smoking a cigar and having a cocktail on the veranda of the different eating establishments. I've looked for so many of the TOTVers faces and images I've drawn in my imagination of what different people look like.

Now I have the chance to really meet some of you. I know where Mick & Caroline live and we've driven by in our cart a few times but they are always gone. I've talked to Red on the phone, but haven't met yet. Maybe at a Crispers luncheon! We have a lifetime ahead of us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.