Nice people in The Villages !!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Nice people in The Villages !!!

My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club. A very nice man came over and found it almost immediately!!! Yeah for him!!! This is why we live in The Villages... !!! Great people.... Thank you Ed Pickel !!!
Old 05-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club. A very nice man came over and found it almost immediately!!! Yeah for him!!! This is why we live in The Villages... !!! Great people.... Thank you Ed Pickel !!!
Now that is using your head in the case of a lost ear. So to speak.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

That is a nice story to hear!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Awesome. Not only that you thought of calling the Metal Detecting Club, but that they were so willing to come out and help.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Awesome. Not only that you thought of calling the Metal Detecting Club, but that they were so willing to come out and help.
Sounds like a good bunch of folks,

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Sounds like a good bunch of folks,
The vast majority of people who you meet face to face in The Villages are just wonderful. Pull off a cart path with a map of Antartica and make believe you are lost. Everyone want's to help. They won't look at the map your looking at. Smart move with the correct call. Good Job.

Is there a Club that finds Gold Krugerrands?
Old 05-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

Think they can find my expensive Rolex watch that I lost somewhere in or near The Villages? I don't remember the color or type, but I will recognize it when I see it.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:29 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The vast majority of people who you meet face to face in The Villages are just wonderful. Pull off a cart path with a map of Antartica and make believe you are lost. Everyone want's to help. They won't look at the map your looking at. Smart move with the correct call. Good Job.

Is there a Club that finds Gold Kugerrands?
You wouldn't think so on TOTV sometimes but here in person people are really nice. When my golf cart broke down so many people stopped to offer help and two women actually helped me push it out of the way.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
My husband was doing yard work...fell into a bush...lost one hearing aid... after unsuccessful hunting, I called The Villages metal detecting club.
WOW! What quick thinking on your part!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
You are definitely smarter than the average bear. I don’t know if I would have thought about metal detectors. If I did think of a metal detector I would not have thought about the local club, I might have bought one if the hearing aid was not under warranty for losing it. Clearly you get the quick thinking TOTV award tonight. Nice to hear a happy resolution, that’s not always the case on TOTV.

Last edited by Retiring; 05-10-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
You are definitely smarter than the average bear. I don’t know if I would have thought about metal detectors. If I did think of a metal detector I would not have thought about the local club, I might have bought one if the hearing aid was not under warranty for losing it. Clearly you get the quick thinking TOTV award tonight. Nice to hear a happy resolution, that’s not always the case on TOTV.
Nope- not that smart... My Brother ( deceased) used to be a metal detector fan in Ohio.. So I had a head's up!!!!! But thanks for the compliment !!!!
Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Nope- not that smart... My Brother ( deceased) used to be a metal detector fan in Ohio.. So I had a head's up!!!!! But thanks for the compliment !!!!
Well, nevertheless, thanks for sharing on here. Your post may end up helping others and that's what TOTV should be all about.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, nice, people, choc, covered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.