Nice and quiet at Publix - since SweetBay switched to Winn Dixie

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Veteran member
Smile Nice and quiet at Publix - since SweetBay switched to Winn Dixie

Since the day after easter and especially the last week it has been a pleasure to work in a more laid back atmosphere. I think also winn-dixie has had made a difference with more people shopping there than sweet bay. Sales are running around 170,000 a day vs between 200,000 - 230,000 during jan-april. It will be interesting to see if the new publix opens sept. 29th, how many switch to the new one.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

It seems to me that the former Sweetbay in LSL has more people in it everyday than I would see in a week since it became a Winn Dixie.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Default publix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Since the day after easter and especially the last week it has been a pleasure to work in a more laid back atmosphere. I think also winn-dixie has had made a difference with more people shopping there than sweet bay. Sales are running around 170,000 a day vs between 200,000 - 230,000 during jan-april. It will be interesting to see if the new publix opens sept. 29th, how many switch to the new one.
Love the Publix sales and employees, never liked Sweetbay. Now with Winn- Dixie here, I am going there also. They both have great sales. Now there is more Supermarket competition!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:30 PM

Stopped by Winn-Dixie in Pinellas this afternoon and it was near empty. Then went to Publix at Colony (because the item I wanted wasn't stocked at WD) and it was mobbed.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Exclamation

I found that Winn-Dixie in Pinellas did not have the selection of fruit that Publix has at Colony.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Gold member

We prefer Publix by far.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Platinum member

We had to stop at a store on the way home today and it just happened to be Winn-Dixie at LSL. There were so many cars in the parking lot that it was hard to find a space. The store wasn't crowded, but still more people than I have ever seen there.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-03-2014, 01:34 AM

I get something out of all of them. Different days different deals. What I won't and no longer deal with is Publix in Colony. narrow isles and yet the management thinks it's a great idea to set up food tasting at rush hour in front of the meat area. Can't wrap my head around the displays they set up in several isles blocking traffic.
Now Publix near the hospital and Publix over near Crispers..... They work for me. The competition from WD is just what is needed.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Publix is quieter because all the snowbirds have flown away, not because of Winn Dixie
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.