No ARC Approval makes $4,000 mistake

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Irishman, I'm half Irish myself. Do you paint houses?

The Vendor is just trying to make a living but if this lawn ends up getting ripped up I wonder if the homeowner has any recourse against the Vendor? What a Clown Operation that must be. Imagine if they've been busted for the same infraction.

Where is the person who knows everything about everything when you need dat person?
Hahaha....after a few pints I can paint anything
Old 07-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Pardon me, Counselors. I have one other small question. Not trying to be cute or disrespectful just trying to understand. Why other than it being against the rules is this improvement not permitted. I understand the approval was needed but why is such a beautiful effort kicked to the curb? What is the specific reason its no goodski? Is it a cancer-causing agent? Is it against some regional or state law or is it just that it needs to go because of the rules?
When you grant an exception to a rule it opens the door for more requests and sometimes more extreme exceptions. Eventually the rule is useless and everyone does as they please. What if a person is a Tennessee Vols fan and thinks orange artificial turf looks good? You have already given an exception to green turf.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hey Irishman, I'm half Irish myself. Do you paint houses?

The Vendor is just trying to make a living but if this lawn ends up getting ripped up I wonder if the homeowner has any recourse against the Vendor? What a Clown Operation that must be. Imagine if they've been busted for the same infraction.

Where is the person who knows everything about everything when you need dat person?
The previous infraction involved a contractor from the square. Don't know if it's the same one. You can do a search on "Little Mountain Loop." The money involved there was a lot more.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default First off

One homeowners expensive Astro Turf would be someone else’s I bought off a truck for $200 and if you think things look cookie cutter now how about every street looking like a miniature colt course . You know I liked it when the family was in control , if you had weeds, ornaments bad grass or any other violation they would let you know . I walk and bike and have also lived all over villages it’s still beautiful but the old rules made it more so
Old 07-03-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Forcina View Post
It looks beautiful from the picture. I feel we should all have the option of doing that considering the price of watering. I find the bills to be outrageous considering what we used to pay in NJ. We are looking into doing the same thing as well as some of our neighbors. The type of grass here is very harsh so to have a lawn look like the one in the picture would be wonderful. They should allow her to keep it. For heavens sake, what is the problem.
Not following the deed restrictions is the problem!
Old 07-03-2020, 12:35 PM

I think my old '61 Ford looks good in my front yard with the old toilet right beside it. They both have flowers growing out of them. They never need water either, can I keep them and put in a old bath tub for a bird bath. It is going to be real perty when the old tires from the car fill up with flowers. Drive by and let me know what ya thunk.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
I think my old '61 Ford looks good in my front yard with the old toilet right beside it. They both have flowers growing out of them. They never need water either, can I keep them and put in a old bath tub for a bird bath. It is going to be real perty when the old tires from the car fill up with flowers. Drive by and let me know what ya thunk.
Exactly! LOL
Old 07-04-2020, 12:53 AM
Default Turf looks good.

Artificial turf looks good and is ecologically smart. Watering lawns is a big waste of water and money. I was shocked to learn we have 2 water meters and how outrageous the cost of lawn watering is.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Drainage, turf doesn't allow water to penetrate to the earth below it rather it just runs off into the storm drains. Water seeps through the rocks just as it would seep into the earth below the sod.
Next time so some research. This was probably true in the 1970's. Almost 50 years have past. Artificial turf is highly developed and completely penetratable.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
When you grant an exception to a rule it opens the door for more requests and sometimes more extreme exceptions. Eventually the rule is useless and everyone does as they please. What if a person is a Tennessee Vols fan and thinks orange artificial turf looks good? You have already given an exception to green turf.
Change the rules; then its not an exception. And I guess the Vols fan can paint their real grass orange and white like an endzone.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:35 PM

Does every change from the builder landscaping require ARC approval?
Old 07-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
No matter what you do ask arc. Saves time and money. Even if you buy a preowned, call and make sure they had approval
Old 07-04-2020, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,002 Times in 2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtcc View Post
Basically yes, when we wanted to change the pine bark mulch to stone, it required ARC approval. Also, NEVER expect the contractor to get approval, been there done that, found out after the fact. I was lucky, what was done was OK'd by ARC, but I learned my lesson. I get ARC approvals, and I make sure the contractor gets all the necessary permits.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We went out for a ride tonight and went past the house at Tall Trees with the Garage that almost put The Villages off the map. I'm happy to report that it appears the entire neighborhood survived the extra Garage and now that the landscaping had matured it looks even better. This job was done with all the permits and approvals in advance and still brought out the Wambulance from some people. It's beautiful.

When we were done there we shot over to the house in question with the Bad Grass Man. Are you serious? If this problem can't be overcome without these people having to touch a high-quality beautiful job then something is wrong. It looks like something out of Better Homes and Gardens. Just absolutely nuts to bust their chops. Until you see this with your peepers hold your judgment.

Then we were going to go look at the two disabled houses up north that have been in a state of flux for around two years but decided to quit while we were ahead. If you want something to take up a worthy interest in and about things that are wrong around here then realign your target further north. Maybe they are squared away now????

Pick your battles. This landscaping project should only have them collecting compliments on a beautiful home. I hope they win their battle.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Here is the response I received from ARC regarding artificial turf and my wish for them to reconsider the rules that don't allow it:

Thank you for your email. The deed restrictions and the District’s adopted Rule for the area you are referring to provides: All Homesites shall remain finished with the same quantity and style of water-conservative, drought-tolerant sod and landscape as originally provided by the Declarant. Notwithstanding, Owners are encouraged to and may add landscape that is more water-conservative and drought tolerant than originally provided; however, any such alterations to areas visible from roadways or golf courses must receive prior written approval. The deed restrictions are a legal contract between the Developer and the Owner and cannot be changed by the District. Therefore, artificial turf is prohibited in this area.

If you can think of another way to go to have this rule rethought please do!
I think you should take this reponse by ARC with a grain of salt. IMO...they are fibbing to just make you go away.

I believe under CCD legislation, the developer has to rescind control over to the district. Now as long as the developer can keep 'their' people on the board, they can continue to control. If they control, they can dictate decisions that are favorable to them. Its up to us to change this power.

Examples of 'developer controlled influence...recent district contracts to went to road maintenance and waste management which I believe had ridiculous 20 year terms. Also the recent VCDD candidates that just joined the upcoming VCDD elections are both corporate men.

We are fools if we do not try to take control of our own districts. Taking control doesn't mean things and rules have to change, but it does mean that the residents can ensure all decisions are made with our interests rather than the developers.

FYI - Sumter Landing Community Development District (SLCDD) is developer controlled. They oversee the PWAC who has significant control over the VCDDs. This control was given to the PWAC through signed agreements between PWAC and the VCDDs. But who was really in control of the VCDDs at the time...hmmm.

Take control of the VCDD and then use the courts to see if release from PWAC is possible. If you don't, plan on making major contributions for all the new southern developments and plan on the PWAC having control to force the VCDDs to buy developer owned properties in the older sections that they do not want to maintain or update like country clubs. By the way, it will be at the price the developer sets.

Community development district - Wikipedia.[/URL]
Closed Thread

Tags
home, bungalows, edgewater, arc, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.