No Guest ID For Friends from Lake County

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM

I believe that even children should not be allowed. It is unfair to those who have less kids. If the true purpose of the existing rules is to prevent over crowding or undue wear and tear on our facilities than there should be a an annual limit on the number of guests and not on which family members can get guest passes. Since no one has any idea of how many kids residents have or how many would visit how does restricting passes to only children and grandchildren control the number of guests using our facilities? If the true purpose is limiting them then a limit in the amount of passes is the logical method. The true purpose of the current rules is for the developer's benefit to discourage people from buying outside TV and therefore buy from him. Like I said, the current rules cannot anticipate the number of guest passes and therefore is a poor method of crowd control. Furthermore those of us with less or no children are denied privileges for our brothers and sisters who, in my case, are much too young o move into TV. My wife's only family is her sister in Marion County who is 40 and ironically the reason we even found out about TV. We have no kids so how fair are the current rules as I have to subsidize those with large families?

The above is tongue in cheek but my point is valid about the current rules. They are like trying to limit the traffic on a highway by saying only red cars can use it without knowing how many red cars there are and penalizing those who bought different color cars. It only serves to increase the sales of red cars.

Last edited by Vinny; 06-04-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage

So, from the above posts, it appears that the TV guest pass policy is preventing nearby relatives and friends from mainly using the following TV amenities:

Dining at Katie Belle's

Getting the cheaper Guest Rate at the (open to the public) 18 hole golf courses

and

Swimming in Pools.

I can definitely see why all the Villagers want to protect these valuable privileges.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I believe that even children should not be allowed. It is unfair to those who have less kids. If the true purpose of the existing rules is to prevent over crowding or undue wear and tear on our facilities than there should be a an annual limit on the number of guests and not on which family members can get guest passes. Since no one has any idea of how many kids residents have or how many would visit how does restricting passes to only children and grandchildren control the number of guests using our facilities? If the true purpose is limiting them then a limit in the amount of passes is the logical method. The true purpose of the current rules is for the developer's benefit to discourage people from buying outside TV and therefore buy from him. Like I said, the current rules cannot anticipate the number of guest passes and therefore is a poor method of crowd control. Furthermore those of us with less or no children are denied privileges for our brothers and sisters who, in my case, are much too young o move into TV. My wife's only family is her sister in Marion County who is 40 and ironically the reason we even found out about TV. We have no kids so how fair are the current rules as I have to subsidize those with large families?

The above is tongue in cheek but my point is valid about the current rules. They are like trying to limit the traffic on a highway by saying only red cars can use it without knowing how many red cars there are and penalizing those who bought different color cars. It only serves to increase the sales of red cars.
Vinny? I see on the bottom of your posts in the list of where you've lived, it says...Pennecamp TV, Who knows where next? and it has a sort of unhappy smiley next to it. ...You are unhappy here? I hope not. You always have somthing interesting to tell us and I always read your posts with interest.

In response to your post, I say that trying to have a completely fair to everyone policy on every issue here in TV is very difficult, if not impossible, and for singles and those without children, it chafes. In defense, it does seem to work well for most of us.

Don't leave us Vinny!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.